PS4 or Xbox

Ludo*1

387 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely if it was listed as a photo then he's not entitled to a refund?!

That's what I was thinking. It mentioned a statement from eBay saying that because he used Paypal to pay then he'd be entitled to a refund because he didn't get what he paid for. Except, he did get exactly what was being sold!

Teach the fud a lesson.

That's what I was thinking. It mentioned a statement from eBay saying that because he used Paypal to pay then he'd be entitled to a refund because he didn't get what he paid for. Except, he did get exactly what was being sold!

Teach the fud a lesson.

Agreed, like that tit who paid 1800 for a early copy of MW3. Get what you paid for, tough shit

US PS4 November sales estimated at 1.25m units, 66% ahead of Xbox One

It has been estimated that PS4 sold 66 per cent more units than Xbox One in the US in November.

Michael Pachter has said in his most recent investor note that he believes PS4 sold 1.25m consoles in the region throughout the month and that Xbox One sold 750k.

Note that PS4 was released in the US on November 15th, giving it a week more on the market than Xbox One which launched on November 22nd.

If correct, that 66 per cent margin mirrors what was seen in the UK during the console’s respective first weeks – Xbox One sold 150k units while PS4 managed 250k, a 66 per cent difference.

Pachter added that Wii U is expected to have suffered significantly as a result of the launches, with hardware sales falling 65 per cent year-on-year. Xbox 360 and PS3 sales are predicted to have fallen 44 per cent and 28 per cent respectively.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/us-ps4-november-sales-estimated-at-1-25m-units-66-ahead-of-xbox-one/0125546

So it's sold more and has been on sale for twice as long. Groundbreaking.

I don't expect the Xbox to sell 500k in a week when it's only sold 750k in near three weeks though. The point of the article was that it's trailing behind, which it is.

I don't expect the Xbox to sell 500k in a week when it's only sold 750k in near three weeks though. The point of the article was that it's trailing behind, which it is.

There is not three weeks from the 22nd of November to the end of November. The article is about November sales.

There is not three weeks from the 22nd of November to the end of November. The article is about November sales.

That was a clanger on my part. Still, do you expect Xbox One to sell 500k in a week?

That was a clanger on my part. Still, do you expect Xbox One to sell 500k in a week?

Eh, I can maybe chip in and buy another one, two tops, on their own for the others:lol:

It's a long game in the console wars. The PSP broke many launch records but it's overall sales were poor.

I'm not concerned really, I like my xbox and hope anyone that gets a PS4 likes that.

If that's true, he deserves what he got.

The guy's apparently 19, and was saving up for one for his 4 year old son. Jesus wept. In fact, this entire story sounds like a piss-take, check out the last bit

Wit?!

Surely if it was listed as a photo then he's not entitled to a refund?!

Teach the fud a lesson.

Agreed, like that tit who paid 1800 for a early copy of MW3. Get what you paid for, tough shit

That fucking moron got rewarded for his stupidity.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/441804/blog/man-who-purchased-xbox-one-photo-for-730-gets-free-console/

I'm now currently buying photos of a gaming PC, an Xbox One and a PS4 on eBay.

Finally got a chance to play about with the PS4 yesterday night, and have a quick playthrough of all the available games. My superfluous thoughts below...

Console and Software - It's quite a nice unit, not chunky but it does take up quite a bit of floor-space.

Controller - wasn't sure about it compared to the 360 one, but starting to grow on me. I still mash the wrong button when it asks me to hit X thanks to the 360, but that's getting better. The speaker on the controller is a nice idea, but yet to see someone truly make good use of it. The swipe pad, same thing.

Killzone - Haven't played any of the other Killzone games, but this one seems like a pretty generic Call-of-Duty-in-space-athon. Enjoying it, but it's not drawing me in quite yet. It does look absolutely stunning though.

Contrast - Free game from PSPlus, and an interesting one where you can shift into shadows and use them like a 2D platformer. Interesting idea, and looks great done in the sort of film noir style. Haven't had much of a play with it yet though

Resogun - like a cross between Galaga, Space Invaders, and a big shiny noisy thing. It's as arcadey as you can get, but was actually a lot of fun. Probably the best use of the controller speaker though as it barks out information as you fire helplessly into wave after wave of enemies

Overall - looks very promising, but can't help but feel like it's been rushed out. The games catalog just doesn't seem ready for one of the biggest console releases of the next few years, on either platform. I plan on picking up a couple more games, but my big choices are really FIFA or Battlefield 4. I could have them on the 360. Watch Dogs getting delayed has really ballsed things up - if that had been available, it wouldn't have looked so bad I don't think.

Managed to pick up a PS4 from a Tesco in Inverness. Played it for a couple of hours, and seems pretty decent so far. Got Assassin's Creed Black Flag and quite enjoying it so far, but I feel it will get me raging when I cant climb up a tree and jump onto a ledge Tomb Raider style.

Looks a bit weird having rakes of games for my PS3 and just one for the PS4. I was going to give my PS3 away to my nieces but think I might hold on to it for a bit longer.

Ok. I have done all the updates and fell I can review the.ps4 a.bit better.

Console looks fine. Can get quite noisy when its been on for a while. Hopefully that prevents it melting.

Menu is fine. Easy to navigate. Nothing spectacular.

Features are very poor. Cant save music, vids and photos to it. Also cannot play files from external HDD. My ps3 did all this so does the ps4 not. Very pissed off with this.

I have two games. Killzone which I have completed and FIFA. I enjoyed the campaign on killzone and it was stunning to look at. FIFA is FIFA really. Dont think the ps4 improves on it much. Loading times on both slot better than last gen.

So overall yet to be convinced. Nothing next gen blowing me away.

Console looks fine. Can get quite noisy when its been on for a while. Hopefully that prevents it melting.

Features are very poor. Cant save music, vids and photos to it. Also cannot play files from external HDD. My ps3 did all this so does the ps4 not. Very pissed off with this.

I have two games. Killzone which I have completed and FIFA. I enjoyed the campaign on killzone and it was stunning to look at. FIFA is FIFA really. Dont think the ps4 improves on it much. Loading times on both slot better than last gen.

So overall yet to be convinced. Nothing next gen blowing me

i was playing a friends one on saturday and agree there wasn't much at all to justify buying one at the minute. I am sure it will get better you were spot on about FIFA. Haven't played an xbox yet so can't comment

So overall yet to be convinced. Nothing next gen blowing me away.

I actually found FIFA significantly better than the 360 version. Not mentioning the looks, which are obviously better, the gameplay just seems a lot smoother and far more realistic than it was on current gen. Eye of the beholder and all that, but for me it's much better.

I do agree though that it's been a bit of an anticlimactic launch. There just isn't really enough titles to really warrant someone investing in one (says the guy who has one...). I got Killzone with the console, but then traded in some 360 games to raise a bit of money towards extending the collection. I picked up Battlefield 4 with that, then added FIFA from PSN. Apart from that...there just isn't anything I really want to go out and buy. That's poor at this stage. It'll change though.

Archived