PS4 or Xbox

Ludo*1

387 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best place to get the ps4 at the moment? Away to return to Scotland on Saturday so I'm looking to pick one up straight away, preferably in store so I don't have to wait.

Best place to get the ps4 at the moment? Away to return to Scotland on Saturday so I'm looking to pick one up straight away, preferably in store so I don't have to wait.

Probably best phoning whatever stores are local and asking if they have any in stock, I know the papers have been advertising that shops will be getting more stock delivered, doesn't say what shops though as it's a sony advertisement

Playstation Now looks pretty good I must say. The prices will probably be extortionate and ruin it though.

Playstation Now

There's been no talk of pricing, which might be ominous. I'm expecting a Netflix/Spotify-type subscription, or a two-tier Playstation Plus sub.

There won't be free access games you already own, in the same way you might own a film on DVD but still watch it on Netflix.

I had a wee dabble with the OnLive trial before they went bust. The biggest problems to me were:

• The input lag
  • The quality of the image when the connection varied
  • The lack of triple-A titles.

Playstation Now won't have the problem with the last point, and people with less than a 5Mb broadband connection will get image issues, but the problem will always be lag. There's no getting around the fact that there will always be input lag with these things, but as long as you don't expect to play FPS and fighter games competitively then it should be tolerable.

I've always wanted more strategy games on the handheld, so streaming XCOM to the Vita through this service would suit me fine. As long as it's good enough value.

Playstation Now

There's been no talk of pricing, which might be ominous. I'm expecting a Netflix/Spotify-type subscription, or a two-tier Playstation Plus sub.

There won't be free access games you already own, in the same way you might own a film on DVD but still watch it on Netflix.

I had a wee dabble with the OnLive trial before they went bust. The biggest problems to me were:

• The input lag
  • The quality of the image when the connection varied
  • The lack of triple-A titles.

Playstation Now won't have the problem with the last point, and people with less than a 5Mb broadband connection will get image issues, but the problem will always be lag. There's no getting around the fact that there will always be input lag with these things, but as long as you don't expect to play FPS and fighter games competitively then it should be tolerable.

I've always wanted more strategy games on the handheld, so streaming XCOM to the Vita through this service would suit me fine. As long as it's good enough value.

OnLive is still going. There are a few decent games on there. The problem is, theyre charging pretty much full price for them

Probably wont get an answer to that on thread mate, theyre not keen on us discussing pirated videos. The official answer is the playstation store, unofficially though youre best to download them to the computer then burn them on to a disc or mem stick

Its the killzone bundle. You can buy it through tesco direct though for just the console, i get mine tomoro

Yeah I got the Killzone bundle yesterday from Tesco Kingsway and bought FIFA separately.

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2014/01/16/xbox-one-vs-playstation-4-the-results-ign-versus

I bloody despise IGN, but since this is a user poll im willing to listen.

Xbox One vs the PS4

The PS4 won every category including Controller and Online, which surprises me as i have figured those two would safely still be in Xboxes hands. Guess not.

You do realise that these things are just about popularity and nothing else?

You do realise that these things are just about popularity and nothing else?

Then the PS4 is more popular than the Xbox One, must have something to do with it being the better console and selling more.

The Xbox failed in both Controller and online, 2 areas that Microsoft should have easily been able to beat Sony on. Admit Microsoft made a complete clusterfuck of this console. They have proven they can make something brilliant with both the Xbox and the 360, clearly this time greed and poor judgement ruined the Xbox One.

Archived