Heart of Midlothian vs St Mirren

SEETHING

Both teams will get half of south that is a given. Why do Hearts fans think they will get West and not East?

Hearts were in the west for their last 4 games at Hampden.

We won all 4. It's our lucky side and you're not having it. :P

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both Club Captains suspended for this one?

nope...we played an extra round so the threshold is 3 bookings. not the 2 bookings for the european teams that enter late.

goodwin thought he was out, got told live on the radio by Chico he isnt suspended.

As far as I can see, according to BBC reports, Goodwin picked up three bookings against Ayr United, Aberdeen and Celtic, which would mean he is suspended. No?

I heard Chick Young telling him he wasn't suspended after the game as the threshold is 3 yellow cards. As cruel as it is, it would be hilarious if they were mistaken.laugh.gif

Depends what the red card is for. If it's for violent conduct, serious foul play or spitting, then he would miss the final. If it's for two yellow cards or denying a goalscoring opportunity then he would miss the next league game.

If you don't know I might read-up on this, as it's quite interesting, but how 'unlimited' are immediate suspensions for violent conduct, serious foul play, etc.?

This probably couldn't happen as the Renfrewshire Victoria Cup SFs are normally at Easter, but as a hypothetical example... if someone was sent-off for St Mirren against Dundee United on 9th March, for such an offence, would the man in question be OK for the Final if St Mirren happened to have a Renfrewshire Cup SF arranged against (say) Carlton YMCA on midweek?

Or is it actually limited to League + Scottish Cup + League Cup (+ Challenge Cup?).

Goodwin was booked 3 times.

Booked against Aberdeen, Celtic & Ayr United.

If I remember rightly one of those bookings wasn't actually his. Everyone assumed it was him at the time and the media reported it as him, but Goodwin himself said post match that the yellow was shown to someone else. And the SFA discipline document only has him on 1 booking as of 24th Jan.

Absolutely ridiculous if Goodwin has to miss this game. His booking against Ayr was a typical stupid Goodwin challenge. It wasn't a booking yesterday or a penalty. I wasn't at the Aberdeen game so have no idea about the booking then.

Can't wait for this game now. Should be a great day.

Goodwin was booked 3 times.

Booked against Aberdeen, Celtic & Ayr United.

^^ Absolutely seething :lol:

Zaliukas, Hearts Captain, 3 bookings, banned from the final. :bairn

Goodwin, St Mirren Captain, 3 bookings, not banned from the final. :lol:

This should be called The Family Final with both sets of fans bringing along everyone they can. Reckon we will get up to 20,000 coming out from the town going on past finals. Hearts will have a big crowd also so should be a great atmosphere with both teams thinking they can win.

The wife, daughter and niece all want to go and no doubt more will join us for the choochoo up to Glasgow for a few drinks before going to the climax.

Are you going to post loads of brave predictions, then "quit" the forum if you lose, and post as aliases for a few months?

Ace.

I think you might be getting him confused with Forever Hibs, although I can see why you would get them mixed up.

Archived