Paul Gascgoine

KD1711

Haven't seen this posted elsewhere but here is the video from his Rangers speaker ball the other night.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4776338/Tragic-Paul-Gascoigne-on-video.html

A lot of people have been showing sympathy for him hoping he gets better soon etc. In my opinion while it is very sad to see someone have meltdown after meltdown like this and in clear need of help, he is a total waster who had the world at his feet, and doesn't seem to want the help that is always on support to him.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Er, you do know he had a magnificent career and earned shitloads of money, right? Not bad if a total waster can achieve significantly more than anyone else on this forum.

can achieve significantly more than anyone else on this forum.

What a lot of nonsense. You have no idea what people on this forum have achieved.

Playing football and making money aren't the measures of life achievement.

The fact they spend their time posting on a football forum says enough.

But yeah it's fucking rich causing Gascgoine a waster when he's, you know, achieved shit loads more than you.

Alcoholism is a disease, so yes, I agree calling him a waster is ridiculous.

In fact, given the obvious handicaps he's had to deal with that have emerged after he stopped playing, I'm actually quite impressed he managed to have such a good career.

Amazing talent - sad that his post-football life has been so depressing.

A completely different debate, but I don't agree Alcoholism is a disease, It is a a terrible sad addiction, Cancer is a disease, Aids is a disease, Alkies just fuckin love a drink.

Don't know why I opened that link, when I knew it was going to be absolutely horrific.

Depressing stuff.

I'm not going to watch it. I read the transcript the other day though.

Must be difficult for the people round about him.

Guest The Phoenix
Not bad if a total waster can achieve significantly more than anyone else on this forum.

You have absolutely no sound basis for that ludicrous statement.

The only person's achievements on here that you are 100% sure of are your own.

The rest of us can only surmise that Gascgoine has achieved more than you.

The fact they spend their time posting on a football forum says enough.

But yeah it's fucking rich causing Gascgoine a waster when he's, you know, achieved shit loads more than you.

In what way has Paul Gascgoine achieved more than me, be specific, BE VERY SPECIFIC.

If battering woman, having numerous meltdowns and making an arse of yourself on TV pretending you want to go to rehab and sort your life out and leaving your family in tears while you f**k off and go on a bender round Europe with a rock band is achieving something. Then yes, he has achieved far more than me.

Alcoholism is a disease, so yes, I agree calling him a waster is ridiculous.

In fact, given the obvious handicaps he's had to deal with that have emerged after he stopped playing, I'm actually quite impressed he managed to have such a good career.

Amazing talent - sad that his post-football life has been so depressing.

Right, so despite your laughable initial post you actually agree he's not a waster.

You have absolutely no sound basis for that ludicrous statement. The only person's achievements on here that you are 100% sure of are your own. The rest of us can only surmise that Gascgoine has achieved more than you.

You are a man in his 60s who boasts about losing his virginity on an online football forum. I think we all know you've achieved f**k all.

In what way has Paul Gascgoine achieved more than me, be specific, BE VERY SPECIFIC.

If battering woman, having numerous meltdowns and making an arse of yourself on TV pretending you want to go to rehab and sort your life out and leaving your family in tears while you f**k off and go on a bender round Europe with a rock band is achieving something. Then yes, he has achieved far more than me.

He's made much more, and been much more successful in his professional life.

It's a particularly ridiculous reply, but suiting of the people who used it, that because I don't know the ins and outs of your little lives that it is entirely feasible that you have achieved more than someone who made millions playing at the very top of his profession. But it really isn't.

What's even funnier is the insinuation that all alcoholics are wasters. Bad news for Socrates - I take it you think you've achieved more than him too? George Best too?

It's always hilarious seeing cheesy puff eating losers calling much more successful people than you losers or wasters.

And that's just footballers, I tell you what Ernest Hemingway and Eric Clapton are utter fucking wasters, amarite?

Right, so despite your laughable initial post you actually agree he's not a waster.

You are a man in his 60s who boasts about losing his virginity on an online football forum. I think we all know you've achieved f**k all.

He's made much more, and been much more successful in his professional life.

It's a particularly ridiculous reply, but suiting of the people who used it, that because I don't know the ins and outs of your little lives that it is entirely feasible that you have achieved more than someone who made millions playing at the very top of his profession. But it really isn't.

What's even funnier is the insinuation that all alcoholics are wasters. Bad news for Socrates - I take it you think you've achieved more than him too? George Best too?

It's always hilarious seeing cheesy puff eating losers calling much more successful people than you losers or wasters.

Daniel Negreanu, Tom Dwan and Phil Ivey post on a forum I am a member of. Blue4578, a very successful person, uses a football forum. Does that mean Gascgoine is more successful than they are? You slaughter the people who use internet forums yet you have thousands of post on this very one, what does that say about you? I enjoy coming on this forum as there is a lot of intelligent people on this and I enjoy their input on this forum.

How can you say someone who turns up at a murder hunt with chicken, a can of a lager and a fishing rod claiming he can sort the situation isn't a loser.

By George Bests own accounts in his dying days he was full of regret at the way he lived his life and felt a waster too for ruining relationships of those closest to him with his drinking.

But that is all OK because they made millions right? You probably think Gazza is in the same boat as Balotelli, because I mean, Gazza had a great game in a cup semi final one time too? Remember?

Get the man a knighthood!

My initial post made no mention of Gascoigne.

It referenced your utterly ludicrous claim. Which was, and is, as worthy of pount-and-laugh ridicule as you are personally really.

Daniel Negreanu, Tom Dwan and Phil Ivey post on a forum I am a member of. Blue4578, a very successful person, uses a football forum. Does that mean Gascgoine is more successful than they are? You slaughter the people who use internet forums yet you have thousands of post on this very one, what does that say about you? I enjoy coming on this forum as there is a lot of intelligent people on this and I enjoy their input on this forum.

How can you say someone who turns up at a murder hunt with chicken, a can of a lager and a fishing rod claiming he can sort the situation isn't a loser.

By George Bests own accounts in his dying days he was full of regret at the way he lived his life and felt a waster too for ruining relationships of those closest to him with his drinking.

But that is all OK because they made millions right? You probably think Gazza is in the same boat as Balotelli, because I mean, Gazza had a great game in a cup semi final one time too? Remember?

Get the man a knighthood!

Yes, of course Gascgoine is more successful than me. He's much more successful than you too. I don't go around calling people who have achieved much more than me "losers" or "wasters".

Of course these men have significant problems, but have been incredibly successful nonetheless. Many successful people are clearly fucked up, but that doesn't mean they are "wasters" and you, as a nobody, has achieved more than them.

My initial post made no mention of Gascoigne.

It referenced your utterly ludicrous claim. Which was, and is, as worthy of pount-and-laugh ridicule as you are personally really.

Pount? Yeah, well, you keep believing that cheesy puff eating losers on this forum have achieved more than people earning millions at the top of their profession.

Yes, of course Gascgoine is more successful than me. He's much more successful than you too. I don't go around calling people who have achieved much more than me "losers" or "wasters".

Of course these men have significant problems, but have been incredibly successful nonetheless. Many successful people are clearly fucked up, but that doesn't mean they are "wasters" and you, as a nobody, has achieved more than them.

Michael Johnson earned millions at his profession, does that make him a very successful person? You have also completely ignored my other point about how someone who uses an internet forum who is instantly a loser in your eyes because of this.

I have given you 4 examples from two forums I use and you ignored them, I know for a fact there is a lot of very professional well respected members of society who use this forum but you slate them as they post on it? Do you not become one of those cheesy puff eating losers as you have thousands of posts on one, yet contributed next to nothing.

Michael Johnson earned millions at his profession, does that make him a very successful person? You have also completely ignored my other point about how someone who uses an internet forum who is instantly a loser in your eyes because of this.

I have given you 4 examples from two forums I use and you ignored them, I know for a fact there is a lot of very professional well respected members of society who use this forum but you slate them as they post on it? Do you not become one of those cheesy puff eating losers as you have thousands of posts on one, yet contributed next to nothing.

Yes. People who use this forum are not more successful than someone earning millions at the top of their profession - that is why calling them a "loser" or a "waster" is utterly ridiculous. It's the same as when people said Balotelli and Ibrahimovic were "lazy" - lazy? They're fucking top level athletes.

Neither are the measure of what makes a man. It's quite depressing that you think either of these things are.

Who is talking about what makes a man? Gascgoine has had a very successful career, people calling him a "loser" or a "waster" is utterly ridiculous. Especially when you extend that to all alcoholics. I take it Ernest Hemingway and Eric Clapton are also "wasters" in your eyes?

Yes. People who use this forum are not more successful than someone earning millions at the top of their profession - that is why calling them a "loser" or a "waster" is utterly ridiculous. It's the same as when people said Balotelli and Ibrahimovic were "lazy" - lazy? They're fucking top level athletes.

Who is talking about what makes a man? Gascgoine has had a very successful career, people calling him a "loser" or a "waster" is utterly ridiculous. Especially when you extend that to all alcoholics. I take it Ernest Hemingway and Eric Clapton are also "wasters" in your eyes?

article-0-13B4B74C000005DC-440_634x234.j

Fucking top athlete that is. Plenty of absolute wasters have made millions of money, but in your eyes that is what makes someone a successful person.

You are one of the most idiotic people I have never met Supras. Not only do you throw around false accusations and refuse to take other peoples opinions on board which is what this forum is about, you think that being a woman beating, alcoholic mess is OK because he made millions in his prime.

Gazza in that video does not look like a very successful person to me, and hasn't done for a very long time.

Sad that people look up to these types of folk.

Edit: It is laughable you think that Paul Gascgoine is more succesful than Phil Ivey, CEO of companies and worth hundreds of millions. Purely based on the fact he uses an internet forum. This further backs up my point you should be returned to sender as you are not wired right.

Neither are the measure of what makes a man. It's quite depressing that you think either of these things are.

Indeed. It's indicative of a really shallow and alarmingly superficial person.

Thing is, I'm sure his views are not at all out of step with the X Factor generation. It's no wonder the likes of Katie Price get voted "Mum of the Year".

Archived