Paul Gascgoine

KD1711

Who is talking about what makes a man? Gascgoine has had a very successful career, people calling him a "loser" or a "waster" is utterly ridiculous. Especially when you extend that to all alcoholics. I take it Ernest Hemingway and Eric Clapton are also "wasters" in your eyes?

Please, rein in your rage-on, take a step back and breathe. I never called anyone a waster (yet). You, however, seem to repeatedly hold up the success of someone's career and the money they make during it as an indicator (in fact, from what I can see, the sole indicator) of how they aren't a 'loser'. Yet you conveniently omit the breakdowns, wife battering and the fact that Gascoigne, if we're being specific, has by his own admission spunked almost every single penny of the several millions he made on drink, drugs and gambling, leaving next to nothing for his next of kin if and when anything happens to him and he's no longer around. Added to the fact that he's so hard-up, he is now resorting to doing a UK speaking tour (16 dates cancelled) whilst clearly in no fit state to do so.

And for that, he's a complete and utter loser.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

article-0-13B4B74C000005DC-440_634x234.j

Fucking top athlete that is. Plenty of absolute wasters have made millions of money, but in your eyes that is what makes someone a successful person.

You are one of the most idiotic people I have never met Supras. Not only do you throw around false accusations and refuse to take other peoples opinions on board which is what this forum is about, you think that being a woman beating, alcoholic mess is OK because he made millions in his prime.

Gazza in that video does not look like a very successful person to me, and hasn't done for a very long time.

Sad that people look up to these types of folk.

Right, so you are honestly claiming that, on the basis on that picture, Balotelli is not a top level athlete? And you are calling me an idiot?

You think someone significantly more successful than you is a "waster" - by extension all alcoholics are wasters and worse than you including Eric Clapton and Ernest Hemingway. That says it all.

And by no measure is that okay, it's utterly contemptible, but it doesn't make him a "waster".

Who in the hell looks up to Gascgoine, exactly? You can try and spin this all you want, calling Gascgoine a "loser" and a "waster" is ridiculous.

Right, so you are honestly claiming that, on the basis on that picture, Balotelli is not a top level athlete? And you are calling me an idiot?

You think someone significantly more successful than you is a "waster" - by extension all alcoholics are wasters and worse than you including Eric Clapton and Ernest Hemingway. That says it all.

And by no measure is that okay, it's utterly contemptible, but it doesn't make him a "waster".

Who in the hell looks up to Gascgoine, exactly? You can try and spin this all you want, calling Gascgoine a "loser" and a "waster" is ridiculous.

Well if you claim on the basis that Gascgoine is more successful than Phil Ivey because he uses an internet forum, or more successful than anyone on this forum because of the money he once made. Then yes, I do.

Because in theory my argument is just as valid as yours when I use your pathetic indicator of what does and doesn't make a successful person.

You are a cretin.

And for that, he's a complete and utter loser.

I disagree. But then again such reasoning would also mean that Vincent Van Gogh was a loser, Ernest Hemingway was a loser, Nikola Tesla was a loser.

If you're happy with that then fine.

Well if you claim on the basis that Gascgoine is more successful than Phil Ivey because he uses an internet forum, or more successful than anyone on this forum because of the money he once made. Then yes, I do.

Because in theory my argument is just as valid as yours when I use your pathetic indicator of what does and doesn't make a successful person.

You are a cretin.

Nobody has claimed that, but I had to google who Phil Ivey was. People actually watch poker? Good lord. It's a fucked up world out there.

But, yeah, you think Balotelli is not a top level athlete on the basis of that one picture and that invalidates everything you have posted on this thread.

And to top it off you signed off with embarrassing personal abuse. Oh dear.

The guy's an arse, and if he is on his way out he won't be missed. One less alkie wife beater in the domestic violence statistics

He is the true epitome of the fans of that vile Glasgow club he played for

Gazza was a top player. I feel some sympathy for him. You see all the trials n tribulations that comes with the stress of being pro footballers. Speed, Best, Windass to name a few.

The waster thing is a double sided coin imo. What a talent as a footballer and possibly the best of his generation. did he reach his full potential? Possibly not, but other things come into that debate, injuries, career moves, alcoholism to name a few that the public get to see.
On the other side, I think the term 'waster' is to do with how he has ended up after his career. Like, hes wasting his life. Its sad to see a talented man who was an athlete - dont kid yourself, he was - now in the fragile state u see on the tv.

i wish him all the best because as a human being u do not wish that on any one. It is a disease and one of the worst.

Nobody has claimed that, but I had to google who Phil Ivey was. People actually watch poker? Good lord. It's a fucked up world out there.

But, yeah, you think Balotelli is not a top level athlete on the basis of that one picture and that invalidates everything you have posted on this thread.

And to top it off you signed off with embarrassing personal abuse. Oh dear.

I used YOUR indicator on what makes a successful person, and used YOUR pathetic ways of measuring it.

The fact you think Paul Gascgoine is more successful than Phil Ivey and Daniel Negreanu because they use internet forums is absolutely hilarious. The former made millions of dollars per month with his involvement in his ownership with Full TIlt Poker. But he uses an internet forum, so Gazza is more successful.

Yes people do play poker, and you will find most poker forums have much more members than this and that is a very popular game.

You are defending people on the basis of they were once a somebody and that we are all nobodies, so when anyone uses your indicators as to what does and doesn't make a successful person you turn around and try to shoot them down to flames for using your simplistic views on life.

I find it absolutely hilarious that you think Gazza is more successful than them, and trying to shoot a man down to flames who has played in poker tournaments with buy ins worth more than you have ever, and probably will ever, earn in your life based on the fact you have to google him.

Put the crack pipe down and take a break from posting Supras, you are only going to make more of an arse of yourself.

Where are all the friends who were out drinking with him in his Rangers days?

I used to think that too, but there have been several interventions with Gasoigne and "i'm off the drink" short periods of relative health and sanity, by all accounts. But he will never give up. Like Best before him.

I can't really blame the Danny Bakers and Chris Evans's for not having anything to do with the shambles he is now.

I disagree. But then again such reasoning would also mean that Vincent Van Gogh was a loser, Ernest Hemingway was a loser, Nikola Tesla was a loser.

If you're happy with that then fine.

You're really quite dim today, aren't you?

Vincent van Gogh lived and died penniless, alone and without a family to provide for. He only became famous posthoumously.

Hemmingway lived a nomadic life, fraternising with the upper crust of society and although mentally ill, left his family comfortable.

Nikola Tesla never married and was celibate.

None of these people spunked the money they made (or didn't make) from being extremely talented, away.

Paul Gascoigne isn't a loser because he's an alcoholic, he's a loser because he's left himself borderline destitute after a hugely successful career which could have seen his immediate family provided for for generations to come.

The guy's an arse, and if he is on his way out he won't be missed. One less alkie wife beater in the domestic violence statistics He is the true epitome of the fans of that vile Glasgow club he played for

As well as the vile Italian club he played for.

The only think that upsets me about the drunken loser's demise, is that I don't have him in my dead pool.

I used YOUR indicator on what makes a successful person, and used YOUR pathetic ways of measuring it.

The fact you think Paul Gascgoine is more successful than Phil Ivey and Daniel Negreanu because they use internet forums is absolutely hilarious. The former made millions of dollars per month with his involvement in his ownership with Full TIlt Poker. But he uses an internet forum, so Gazza is more successful.

Yes people do play poker, and you will find most poker forums have much more members than this and that is a very popular game.

Oh dear he's back again. I've never said or even implied that, and this road you are going down is causing you maximum embarrassment. I don't know who those people or what they do in their time, who cares?

You are defending people on the basis of they were once a somebody and that we are all nobodies, so when anyone uses your indicators as to what does and doesn't make a successful person you turn around and try to shoot them down to flames for using your simplistic views on life.

I find it absolutely hilarious that you think Gazza is more successful than them, and trying to shoot a man down to flames who has played in poker tournaments with buy ins worth more than you have ever, and probably will ever, earn in your life based on the fact you have to google him.

Put the crack pipe down and take a break from posting Supras, you are only going to make more of an arse of yourself.

I've never defended anything Gascgoine has done you fruit loop, indeed I've been incredibly critical of his actions He's clearly not a "loser" or a "waster" though given what he has achieved in his life.

I have no interest in people who play poker. Like none. Stop bringing it up. I really don't care.

Oh dear, I was perhaps naive in thinking you'd leave after that embarrassing "cretin" comment. I fear there will be a long list of childish insults to come.

You're really quite dim today, aren't you?

Vincent van Gogh lived and died penniless, alone and without a family to provide for. He only became famous posthoumously.

Hemmingway lived a nomadic life, fraternising with the upper crust of society and although mentally ill, left his family comfortable.

Nikola Tesla never married and was celibate.

None of these people spunked the money they made (or didn't make) from being extremely talented, away.

Paul Gascoigne isn't a loser because he's an alcoholic, he's a loser because he's left himself borderline destitute after a hugely successful career which could have seen his immediate family provided for for generations to come.

Er, no, I think you are just struggling immensely to justify calling all alcoholics "losers" and "wasters".

Surely Van Gogh is a total loser by your analysis? Plenty of people, sportsmen especially, spunked their money. Have a look at the EPSN documentary "Broke". I take it hey are all losers according to you? Mike Tyson too? Hell, even Joe Frazier had f**k all by the time he died, he must have been a total loser too, right?

Oh but if it comes to giving all your money to your family, in pledging to give 99% of his money to charity Warren Buffet confirms his position as a total loser too.

The guy's an arse, and if he is on his way out he won't be missed. One less alkie wife beater in the domestic violence statistics He is the true epitome of the fans of that vile Glasgow club he played for

As well as the vile Italian club he played for.

The only think that upsets me about the drunken loser's demise, is that I don't have him in my dead pool.

That's exactly what's annoying me

Er, no, I think you are just struggling immensely to justify calling all alcoholics "losers" and "wasters".

Surely Van Gogh is a total loser by your analysis? Plenty of people, sportsmen especially, spunked their money. Have a look at the EPSN documentary "Broke". I take it hey are all losers according to you? Mike Tyson too? Hell, even Joe Frazier had f**k all by the time he died, he must have been a total loser too, right?

Where did I call all alcoholics 'losers' and 'wasters'? Please Supras, be VERY specific. In fact, I'll give you one better, where, before this post, did I call ANY alcoholic, other than Gazza a 'loser' or 'waster'? Again......VERY specific.

You're now vainly scrambling to retrieve what is quite clearly a losing position for you. Especially since before this post, I called absolutely no-one a loser or a waster other than Paul Gascoigne. You're making yourself look very, very silly here and should probably step away from your computer for a bit.

Tyson? Absolutely a loser.

Frazier didn't spunk his money, he was screwed out of the majority of it in a dodgy business deal.

Where did I call all alcoholics 'losers' and 'wasters'? Please Supras, be VERY specific. In fact, I'll give you one better, where, before this post, did I call ANY alcoholic, other than Gazza a 'loser' or 'waster'? Again......VERY specific.

You're now vainly scrambling to retrieve what is quite clearly a losing position for you. Especially since before this post, I called absolutely no-one a loser or a waster other than Paul Gascoigne. You're making yourself look very, very silly here and should probably step away from your computer for a bit.

Tyson? Absolutely a loser.

Frazier didn't spunk his money, he was screwed out of the majority of it in a dodgy business deal.

Er, yes, I'm extending your reasoning to show how ridiculous your post is. Do pay attention.

Even now Tyson will be living a comfortable life despite losing about £400 million. But signing up to a dodgy business deal? Definitely loser behaviour, amarite? As for everyone else in "Broke", all those magnificently successful sportsmen, all losers right?

But yeah, "djchapsticks" thinks everyone who had money but then lost it is a "loser" and worse than him. Let's just be clear about that.

Archived