NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Horrible schedule this year, they play the NFC North, as well as playing the 49ers, the Broncos and the Falcons as well as their own tough division.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/06/shanahan-rg3-will-set-a-record-for-recovery-from-knee-surgery/

Speaking of the Redskins and Griffin, there's this story.

Who cares if he makes a record for recovery or how quickly he gets back? That's not the goal. So long as he gets back safely that's the important thing.

This just smacks of being stung by criticism at leaving him in the game and now trying to say it's fine and he'll be back. Terribly handled I think.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/06/shanahan-rg3-will-set-a-record-for-recovery-from-knee-surgery/

Speaking of the Redskins and Griffin, there's this story.

Who cares if he makes a record for recovery or how quickly he gets back? That's not the goal. So long as he gets back safely that's the important thing.

This just smacks of being stung by criticism at leaving him in the game and now trying to say it's fine and he'll be back. Terribly handled I think.

There is still a long way to go until the start of the season but he is a phenomenal athlete who i actually like better as an traditional QB rather than a dual threat. If he's able to play and he feels good then he is. But he should have been taken out that game, it was obvious to everyone. They sacrificed a lot just to get RG3 so they probably should be more cautious.

Right guys, we're now only two and a half weeks from the draft. What are we doing for it?

If you want to reply on this thread or PM me along with a reminder of your team, we can do a mock draft together and see how we get on. I'll give you your team along with 2/3/4 others depending on numbers and we can just go through the order.

I don't know much about the college prospects but I'll happily stay up late and watch if I'm still off work.

Unless there is a stand-out player available when Bears come to pick at 20 I'd happily trade down as we don't have many selections.

I want... an Urlacher replacement, more competition at offensive line, receiver, corner back and a young genius quarter-back to cover for Cutler during his inevitable injury break and replace him next season if need be.

Hmmm... that's quite a few needs! Having upgraded in a number of positions already, getting a potential new star in at Line Backer is top priority methinks.

I don't know much about the college prospects but I'll happily stay up late and watch if I'm still off work.

Unless there is a stand-out player available when Bears come to pick at 20 I'd happily trade down as we don't have many selections.

I want... an Urlacher replacement, more competition at offensive line, receiver, corner back and a young genius quarter-back to cover for Cutler during his inevitable injury break and replace him next season if need be.

Hmmm... that's quite a few needs! Having upgraded in a number of positions already, getting a potential new star in at Line Backer is top priority methinks.

If we draft a QB in the first round, I'll lose my shit.

Thanks guys, shall I sign you up then?

mock drafts are pretty much pointless as after the first round you dont really have any idea whos going to still be around then, so i have no idea how people can sit for ages doing one for 7 rounds or whatever

mock drafts are pretty much pointless as after the first round you dont really have any idea whos going to still be around then, so i have no idea how people can sit for ages doing one for 7 rounds or whatever

They're also rendered completely useless when the first trade is made. Too many variables to take into consideration. Do people do it to be accurate, or to show off their knowledge?

They're also rendered completely useless when the first trade is made. Too many variables to take into consideration. Do people do it to be accurate, or to show off their knowledge?

Or for a bit of fun? Or to gain knowledge by looking at where a team needs help? Or to gain knowledge on the prospects so that on the night the names called actually mean something to you? Or for interaction by making an educated guess at what each team might do when they're on the clock?

If last years rampant trading is anything to go by, it makes the 'industry' obsolete, granted.

Or for a bit of fun? Or to gain knowledge by looking at where a team needs help? Or to gain knowledge on the prospects so that on the night the names called actually mean something to you? Or for interaction by making an educated guess at what each team might do when they're on the clock?

If last years rampant trading is anything to go by, it makes the 'industry' obsolete, granted.

Fair enough for you, but I don't see the point in draftniks doing them. Evaluating prospects is different from a mock draft and is a better way of seeing the true talent of players.