NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

GS, what would you say to this suggestion?

I could be well wrong but from what I've read TB have offered something like a 1st, 3rd and 7th this year. Revis is better than anything TB can get at 13 while it looks like NY will miss out on the two highest rates pass rushers - Jordan, Ansah - which is their biggest need. So what if:

TB get Revis.

NYJ get #2 overall pick from Jax and TB 3rd rounder.

Jax get #9 from NYJ and #13 from TB.

TB get Revis at the price they want.

NYJ get the chance to take Jordan who'd be ideal for Ryan and and extra top 100 pick.

Jax get to trade down in the first for an extra pick which is what they're keen to do.

Make sense to anyone else?

No thanks. Jordan's great, I love him. But we would have the chance to pick two starters at 9 and 13. Ziggy Ansah, Jarvis Jones or Chance Warmack could be there at 9 (in order of preference). At 13, we could go a few ways but I want to trade down and get an extra pick and select Jonathan Cyprien or DeAndre Hopkins. I don't like Kenny Vaccaro, Cordarelle Patterson, Tavon Austin or a DLineman at 13.

Other scenario is we get Ansah/Jones and then Warmack/Cooper.

Worth it. Great player

Yeah agreed. Easily one of the top defensive players in the NFL. Next job for the Packers is getting Rodgers resigned!

Apparently are quite a bit apart on numbers. Rodgers wants something like 14 million and last I heard Packers were only offering 11 a year

Apparently are quite a bit apart on numbers. Rodgers wants something like 14 million and last I heard Packers were only offering 11 a year

I think you mean $24m and $21m - no way is Rogers resigning for less than Flacco.

Edited by BishyTON

Good deal for GB and CM. When he's close to full health he's about the top defensive player in my eyes. Roughly.

I'm very surprised STL or Min haven't given up the first rounder needed for Cruz when they both have one spare.

I think we would have except we don't have the cap room to sign him to a long term deal.

Miami @ Tampa 11/11 MNF. I just happen to be in Orlando from 30/10-15/11.

Assuming I can get tickets; I am going to get to watch the Dolphins, in person, in FL, on MNF & only an hours drive from where I'm staying.

I am a VERY happy boy right now!!!