NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

I hadn't seen the teal one. I like it, it should be the home jersey.

I prefer them in teal. Reminds me of the hammering we gave then in the 99 Championship game.

ETA - How long can they last in Jax. LA needs a team.

Edited by Dee4Life1893

I prefer them in teal. Reminds me of the hammering we gave then in the 99 Championship game.

ETA - How long can they last in Jax. LA needs a team.

I'd say the Raiders or Chargers to LA, Raiders just because of the recent history. Jacksonville have a lease on the stadium until 2027 but they should be moved.

I'd like the Chargers and/or Rams to go back and they both seem the most likely at this stage.

Probably be the Chargers to LA. Not that it has anything to do with it, but they have a fairly substantial following in the LA area already. Then again, you never know with these things.

Even with the stadium lease I can't see the Jags staying in Jacksonville for another 15 years. Shahid seems more likely to be interested in moving them to London than anywhere else at the minute, even though that really is a bonkers idea.

I know the first round is on Sky but I don't have it, is there anywhere online to watch the draft? Sometimes they stream it on NFL.com, I wonder if they will this year.

GamePass is free all week.

Cheers. It's a required purchase for NFL fans during the season, I've never taken the offseason package tho. Is it worth it?

I enjoy it but it depends if you want to re watch old games. Yesterday, I watched every pass thrown towards Stephen Hill and today I'm watching every sack Antwan Barrnes has made.

Does it give you specific breakdowns like that? Presumably you have to search through it all yourself.

It gives you the plays and you can click to jump to a certain play. I just looked for the right plays.

post-19701-0-84288100-1366816063_thumb.j

@NFL_ATL: Ravens reportedly interested in trade up for Lane Johnson

Ooft, it's a long way up from 32. They'd need to be giving up next years first for that I'd imagine. And if you're doing that surely you go whole hog and move up the extra couple of slots for Fisher or Joeckel. (Though they could even go 1 and 2!)

Just to add, I can never remember a year with so much speculation as to trades. Of course there is a lot of skullduggery going on in the lead up but it seems almost every club has hinted at an intention to move up or down.

Last year's trades in the first was remarkable and unexpected but in hindsight with so many great looking prospects it could be reasoned as to why it happened. I thought there was no chance we'd see a fraction of that movement this year with such inferior quality at the top of the board but it doesn't sound that way.

That said, I'm going to stick with logic and say it will be fairly quiet on the trade front tomorrow night.

Just to add, I can never remember a year with so much speculation as to trades. Of course there is a lot of skullduggery going on in the lead up but it seems almost every club has hinted at an intention to move up or down.

Last year's trades in the first was remarkable and unexpected but in hindsight with so many great looking prospects it could be reasoned as to why it happened. I thought there was no chance we'd see a fraction of that movement this year with such inferior quality at the top of the board but it doesn't sound that way.

That said, I'm going to stick with logic and say it will be fairly quiet on the trade front tomorrow night.

The new Rookie Wage Scale meant a lot more teams traded up to get their guy without taking the hit on their salary. I think there will be a lot of trades this year too, even without the perceived star talent.

The new Rookie Wage Scale meant a lot more teams traded up to get their guy without taking the hit on their salary. I think there will be a lot of trades this year too, even without the perceived star talent.

Yeah, fair point but I still think that you have to have someone in your sights in order to want to get up there. I'd put the over/under at two trades in the top 10.

You think the Jets are going to take Ryan Nassib?

Yeah, fair point but I still think that you have to have someone in your sights in order to want to get up there. I'd put the over/under at two trades in the top 10.

You think the Jets are going to take Ryan Nassib?

Wow. I'd put it at 5.

No way in hell. All mind games to f**k with the Bills.

Wow. I'd put it at 5.

No way in hell. All mind games to f**k with the Bills.

That's just in the top ten though, I'm sure there will be two or three in the first round as a whole. We'll see, loving the unpredictability of it this year!

It looks like it's working, he could be the first QB taken now. Although I have read they're down to he and Nassib. You not like Nassib? I have a funny feeling he might be the guy from this draft and I'm beginning to feel like NYJ are going to take a QB with one of their first three picks.

ETA - and I don't think that'll be Barkley because how do you sell him from USC to the fans after the Sanchez era? So that leaves Nassib who I think will be gone, EJ Manuel or Geno Smith. I think if Nassib's there he might be worth a flier.

Edited by Pride_of_the_Clyde

That's just in the top ten though, I'm sure there will be two or three in the first round as a whole. We'll see, loving the unpredictability of it this year!

It looks like it's working, he could be the first QB taken now. Although I have read they're down to he and Nassib. You not like Nassib? I have a funny feeling he might be the guy from this draft and I'm beginning to feel like NYJ are going to take a QB with one of their first three picks.

ETA - and I don't think that'll be Barkley because how do you sell him from USC to the fans after the Sanchez era? So that leaves Nassib who I think will be gone, EJ Manuel or Geno Smith. I think if Nassib's there he might be worth a flier.

I don't see anything that separates him from the other QB's. Wilson has toughness and is a leader of men, Bray has a massive arm that can make all the throws, Nassib is meh.

I really hope we don't. We have too many holes to fill. A "flier" at the 9th overall pick is suicide.