NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Why do you never play any of the fantasy leagues lichtie? Thought you'd be right up for that.

Not really a big fan of fantasy mate to be honest. I played one year and got totally engrossed in it. Ended up checking the laptop for player stats instead of watching the game on the telly.

Hope your well and I'm ready for our prediction league battle as every year

Not really a big fan of fantasy mate to be honest. I played one year and got totally engrossed in it. Ended up checking the laptop for player stats instead of watching the game on the telly.

Hope your well and I'm ready for our prediction league battle as every year

Need to get back to my double winning form. This franchise won't tolerate failure.

Tebow - Unemployed

Hernandez - on trial for Murder

Harvin - Hip Surgery

Riley Cooper - in trouble for making racist comments at a concert

Cooper being a racist twat in clip below :(

Edited by jagfox43

Man with ponytail and sleeveless shirt makes racist comment! What a shocker!

Seriously though how nuts are some of these guys! All brawn and no brains!

Think that's why we love it!

This made me think of the full back from Friday night lights :lol:

Man with ponytail and sleeveless shirt makes racist comment! What a shocker!

Seriously though how nuts are some of these guys! All brawn and no brains!

Think that's why we love it!

This has me thinking.

What does make you love the NFL?

Bilal Powell is taking the snaps at running back for the Jets with Ivory not yet cleared, McKnight overweight and picked up a knock and Goodson in a bolthole somewhere in the South.

It's a worry as they're going to really need to lean heavily on their run game. I wasn't an advocate of the Ivory trade and I'd fully expect them to bring someone in when cuts begin to be made.

Bilal Powell is taking the snaps at running back for the Jets with Ivory not yet cleared, McKnight overweight and picked up a knock and Goodson in a bolthole somewhere in the South.

It's a worry as they're going to really need to lean heavily on their run game. I wasn't an advocate of the Ivory trade and I'd fully expect them to bring someone in when cuts begin to be made.

Powell is more than good enough IMO. Ivory is a bit concerning but I tend to switch off during training camp because things get blown way out of proportion (positive and negative). We'll see if he plays Week1. Ivory's potential is way more than a 4th Round Pick and we need an explosive player on offense that can go 20+ with any touch. It is/was a great trade for me before he touches the ball. It signals the intent of Idzik to seek any means to get quality players on board, even if we have already shelled out decent money to other players in the same position.

The Goodson situation is a mystery.

The Jets seem so bad that they'll probably be good this year. If that makes any sense

They still get all the press tho.

Question for anyone old enough. Did the Patriots get massive media coverage pre 2000?

Really annoys me that the Titans get zero media coverage, yet we have the 7th best record in the last 15 years. Steve McNair was better than Wilson & Kaepernick will ever be yet he barely got a mention even during his MVP year. All I seem to hear about is these two. As much as I dislike the Rams I'd love to see them win the West. But that won't shut the media up, they'll just question what went wrong in Seattle & SF.

Suppose it lets us fly under the radar like we did in 08

Powell is more than good enough IMO. Ivory is a bit concerning but I tend to switch off during training camp because things get blown way out of proportion (positive and negative). We'll see if he plays Week1. Ivory's potential is way more than a 4th Round Pick and we need an explosive player on offense that can go 20+ with any touch. It is/was a great trade for me before he touches the ball. It signals the intent of Idzik to seek any means to get quality players on board, even if we have already shelled out decent money to other players in the same position.

The Goodson situation is a mystery.

The Jets seem so bad that they'll probably be good this year. If that makes any sense

They still get all the press tho.

Question for anyone old enough. Did the Patriots get massive media coverage pre 2000?

Really annoys me that the Titans get zero media coverage, yet we have the 7th best record in the last 15 years. Steve McNair was better than Wilson & Kaepernick will ever be yet he barely got a mention even during his MVP year. All I seem to hear about is these two. As much as I dislike the Rams I'd love to see them win the West. But that won't shut the media up, they'll just question what went wrong in Seattle & SF.

Suppose it lets us fly under the radar like we did in 08

I have the Jets in the AFC Championship game.

Though I am anxious to see how the run game looks in pre-season, firstly at Detroit then beyond. Because, regardless of who wins this QB battle, they'll need to be propped up with a running game.