NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

The Packers should've fined him for costing them the match with that piece of stupidity.

Yeah, I think that he got himself the fine with his trash talk from before the game. He said he was going to hit him, which is fine, as long as it isn't a cheap shot, but as soon as he did that the 49ers were put in a place where they can get him fined and thus put a tiny little bit of doubt in the minds of the defenders, giving a little bit back to the QBs on the read option.

So is anyone planning making it to a game this season?

Depending on my timing for going over (and where I end up), I'll make a game next season but not going over the pond at all for this one. Won't be the Reliant again next time though, would need to be on the road somewhere. Disappointe I'm missing a trip to the 9ers this season.

So is anyone planning making it to a game this season?

Depending on my timing for going over (and where I end up), I'll make a game next season but not going over the pond at all for this one. Won't be the Reliant again next time though, would need to be on the road somewhere. Disappointe I'm missing a trip to the 9ers this season.

Heading to the first of the 2 Wembley games & happen to be in Orlando on hols when the Bucs host the Fins on MNF so heading down to that.

Clay Matthews fined $15,000 for his hit on Kaepernick.

Absolute joke. 9ers crying to the media got him fined.

What are you moaning about? He hit him late.

ETA: I had to amend that post numerous times before submitting because it wasn't fit for public consumption such was the irritation your post caused me.

Edited by Pride_of_the_Clyde

I've just finished catching up on NE-NYJ and what a hard watch that was. And I say that as someone who likes to see low scoring games in difficult conditions with a run/pass balance.

Very poor stuff from both sides. Even the very good New England sides of recent times have had a habit of going to sleep on offense and wasting possessions at times and allowing teams to hang with them before going down the field in the fourth quarter. That didn't happen and didn't even threaten to on Thursday. I also watched them last week at Buffalo, and though on that occasion they got the late score, they made incredibly hard work of it and Buffalo done as much to hurt themselves.

Though getting Gronkowski back will boost the production on offense, they just look the poorest NE team I can remember and I can't see them challenging late in the season.

Good player no doubt (though a bit overblown), I just can't take to him:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/14/adrian-peterson-100-yard-games-are-easy/

This follows his stated expectation that he expects to make 2500 yards rushing this season. Show a bit of respect son.

Good player by christ, he is arguably the best RB of the last 20 years and one of the best ever.

Good player no doubt (though a bit overblown), I just can't take to him:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/14/adrian-peterson-100-yard-games-are-easy/

This follows his stated expectation that he expects to make 2500 yards rushing this season. Show a bit of respect son.

Fantastic talent. Allowed to talk the walk as he runs the runs.

I don't mind NFL players talking themselves up as great, whatever they need to do to get themselves in the right frame of mind.

Even Clay Matthews was talking this week about how amazing he was and he doesn't have half the resume of Peterson.

Half? :blink: