NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

I'm very much behind Pittsburgh (+6.5) tonight.

1. Cincinnati aren't as good as people have made out.

2. I don't trust Cincinnati as favourites in a rivalry in which they have long been the whipping boy. There has to be an element that preys on their psyche with regards to the Steelers.

3. Pittsburgh aren't as bad as they showed last week and will be out to prove that this week.

Should be a proper game though with two decent sides, divisional rivalry and a pair of menacing defences.

No team has made the playoffs starting 0-2 in the last 5 seasons. Since expansion only 12% of teams starting with that record have made the playoffs. #beigestats

Given that twelve teams make the post-season, that 12% still means 1.44 teams per season will make it.

Or, in real terms, one per season and two every other season. Three teams per two seasons.

That said, the trend that none have made it in the last five years tempers that greatly as clearly something is changing.

Did anyone watch Tampa - NO?

What a great game. I tell you, if you like to watch a physical, nasty yet talented defense, the Bucs are a team you want to see. They also have their finger very firmly over the self-destruct button which all combines to make them a very entertaining watch.

I watched most of it. I'm disappointed in the Saints offense. Haven't been as dominant as I expected and Brees two picks last night weren't good enough for a HoF QB.

I'm very much behind Pittsburgh (+6.5) tonight.

1. Cincinnati aren't as good as people have made out.

2. I don't trust Cincinnati as favourites in a rivalry in which they have long been the whipping boy. There has to be an element that preys on their psyche with regards to the Steelers.

3. Pittsburgh aren't as bad as they showed last week and will be out to prove that this week.

Should be a proper game though with two decent sides, divisional rivalry and a pair of menacing defences.

1. Yes, they are.

3. Yes, they are

I watched most of it. I'm disappointed in the Saints offense. Haven't been as dominant as I expected and Brees two picks last night weren't good enough for a HoF QB.

1. Yes, they are.

3. Yes, they are

They weren't great but you have to give a lot of credit to that young Tampa defense they were up against. I can't remember the first INT off the top of my head but the second came from great play from TB and I can excuse him. He saw, what he thought was Foster coming who then dropped back but the pressure was right up the middle almost immediately and he either thought Foster was the one with the pressure or plum forgot about him in the havoc. Good play by TB and Brees avoids that if he has a smidgen more time.

We'll see and I'll hasten you to remember we've seen these sides once. There's actually a fair chance the much ballyhooed Bengals are 0-3 this time next week what with the Steelers tonight followed by GB. I hope note, I hope Cincinnati beat both those sides but I'm a sceptic.

1. Yes, they are.

3. Yes, they are

So lose to the Titans at home and you're a terrible football team?

You should get a job with ESPN.