NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Getting sick of Harbaugh and the rest of the 49ers coaching staff telling the world how great a player Alex Smith is in the build up to Sunday. Why did you let him go and replace him with that overpaid, overrated brain fart Kaepernick then???

Jarius Byrd of the saints on season ending IR!

Just what the defence needed!

What a shame, terrific player too. Is it the same injury as last year do you know?

Also what's the chances of the Vikings coach getting the chop end of season? That was a bloodbath last night and I wouldnt say they've looked great since the first game of the season. They barely have a running back between 3 guys, their number one receiver is an old man who cant run further than 10 yards and behind him it's a glorified slot receiver playing outside.

Then theres the Cordarelle Patterson situation, the one game changer they have left and they refuse to give him the ball, particularly in the passing game. As a football fan I want to see this guy on the field, even if it is just running go routes or deep posts all day, at least give him a chance because if he takes it he will put up numbers. Not 'could' or 'might' or 'should' put up numbers, a solid 'will'.

Fair enough they've got a few big losses/injuries including their best player and 2 QBs but theres still pieces there to work with, it's not like the Patriots or Bears losing that many players in terms of depth

What a shame, terrific player too. Is it the same injury as last year do you know?

Also what's the chances of the Vikings coach getting the chop end of season? That was a bloodbath last night and I wouldnt say they've looked great since the first game of the season. They barely have a running back between 3 guys, their number one receiver is an old man who cant run further than 10 yards and behind him it's a glorified slot receiver playing outside.

Then theres the Cordarelle Patterson situation, the one game changer they have left and they refuse to give him the ball, particularly in the passing game. As a football fan I want to see this guy on the field, even if it is just running go routes or deep posts all day, at least give him a chance because if he takes it he will put up numbers. Not 'could' or 'might' or 'should' put up numbers, a solid 'will'.

Fair enough they've got a few big losses/injuries including their best player and 2 QBs but theres still pieces there to work with, it's not like the Patriots or Bears losing that many players in terms of depth

Mike Zimmer has improved this defense infinitely. They were arguably the worst defense in the league last year and lost Jared Allen without adding anyone significant other than 1st Round Pick Anthony Barr. We've only seen 1 week of Teddy so behave yourself and don't overreact to a Thursday night loss to a good team when they're starting their 3rd string QB.

If coaches were going to get sacked for misusing offensive weapons, Pep Hamilton would have been shot out of a cannon by now.

Mike Zimmer has improved this defense infinitely. They were arguably the worst defense in the league last year and lost Jared Allen without adding anyone significant other than 1st Round Pick Anthony Barr. We've only seen 1 week of Teddy so behave yourself and don't overreact to a Thursday night loss to a good team when they're starting their 3rd string QB.

If coaches were going to get sacked for misusing offensive weapons, Pep Hamilton would have been shot out of a cannon by now.

If you've seen them the last few games without AP you'll know how impotent they look without him. Bridgewater was ok, pretty much what I expected him to be although maybe a bit faster at reading the field. He's not enough to save this team though.

As someone with Patterson on fantasy I share your rage. I don't see what the Vikings offensive plan is this year.

They have had a shitload of bad luck but still look to have no plan whatsoever

The Vikings looked great the week before when they beat the Falcons 41-28. The Falcons can be hit and miss and I think the same can be said of the Vikings. That was a sore one on Thursday but we've seen 3 1st year managers in a row get stuffed on Thursday.

Vikings are 2-2 which is progress on where they were last season. Losing AP has been hard on them but they need to move on now. Might actually benefit Teddy as he starts looking about the field for targets.

Edited by Simplistic

The Vikings looked great the week before when they beat the Falcons 41-28. The Falcons can be hit and miss and I think the same can be said of the Vikings. That was a sore one on Thursday but we've seen 3 1st year managers in a row get stuffed on Thursday.

Vikings are 2-2 which is progress on where they were last season. Losing AP has been hard on them but they need to move on now. Might actually benefit Teddy as he starts looking about the field for targets.

They didnt look great they took advantage of a horrible Atlanta defence. Matt Asiata scored 3 touchdowns for goodness sake and Jarius Wright led them in receiving yards (unless that was also Asiata). Bridgewater done what he had to do and done it very well, making first downs, but I dont recall them doing anything that made me think 'wow that was a great play', all of their big plays were a result of awful defending.

They didnt look great they took advantage of a horrible Atlanta defence. Matt Asiata scored 3 touchdowns for goodness sake and Jarius Wright led them in receiving yards (unless that was also Asiata). Bridgewater done what he had to do and done it very well, making first downs, but I dont recall them doing anything that made me think 'wow that was a great play', all of their big plays were a result of awful defending.

He was consistently progressing through his reads, taking what the defense gave him and making accurate throws at all levels of the field. He isn't going to give this offense 500 yards every game, but they will be competent enough to win them games. Atlanta are a bad defense but you can't put Teddy down for throwing over 300 yards on his NFL debut because of the opponent.

I would consider this a 'wow' play. Steps up in the pocket, juke move, spin move then a great burst of acceleration to make the first down.

teddy-bridgewater-is-an-escape-artist-a1

The Vikings aren't going to win the division but they aren't the bottom feeder like you think they are. They have improved on offense and defense so to have the coach fired already is a bit silly. They should be using Cordarrelle Patterson a lot more though. He should be guaranteed 5-6 touches a game on sweeps and screens alone and then be unleashed as a deep threat.

Didnt say a bad word about Bridgewater, like I said he looked like a better version of what I expected him to be. Like you say he was reading defences well, picking the right passes and doing it as fast as I've seen any QB. He's more mobile than I thought he'd be in the NFL as well, somewhere in the Brett Favre mold than the Russell Wilson one. He's not the problem.

Are they not a bottom feeder? Theres not many NFC teams I'd put below them at the minute. I'd say they were on par with the Rams and Redskins, Buccs are in that mix too but they have potential to be a step ahead with Glennon starting

Didnt say a bad word about Bridgewater, like I said he looked like a better version of what I expected him to be. Like you say he was reading defences well, picking the right passes and doing it as fast as I've seen any QB. He's more mobile than I thought he'd be in the NFL as well, somewhere in the Brett Favre mold than the Russell Wilson one. He's not the problem.

Are they not a bottom feeder? Theres not many NFC teams I'd put below them at the minute. I'd say they were on par with the Rams and Redskins, Buccs are in that mix too but they have potential to be a step ahead with Glennon starting

The NFC is tough but I'll put them at 7 wins. For me, they're in the same tier as the Jets, Dolphins, Bills and more that you find difficult to predict from week to week.

Odell Beckham will play some role in tonights matchup vs the Falcons, although the team dont want to rush him in to action, according to NFL media insider Ian Rappaport