NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

I've put this in the General Football thread but with it being a former NFL stadium it can go in here too! I'm sure a few of you have seen this before but I've just posted a piece on my blog about the Pontiac Silverdome and it being abandoned in the last few years. The images of the stadium are quite eerie and pretty fascinating.

Link

Some crazy shit going down in Philadelphia right now. Vice President of Player Personnell, Tom Gamble, was fired the other day and it has shaken things up with apparently Chip Kelly wanting out of his contract.

Would take.

Some crazy shit going down in Philadelphia right now. Vice President of Player Personnell, Tom Gamble, was fired the other day and it has shaken things up with apparently Chip Kelly wanting out of his contract.

Would take.

Resolved tonight with Kelly and the GM both getting 'promotions'. Effectively Kelly is now highly involved in player acquisitions and the GM gets a new title and a raise. They'll be bringing a new/additional scouting team on board during the offseason.

With a guy like Kelly I can absolutely see why they'd want him to be involved in building the team. The guy knows players who can fit his systems and is creative in building his plays so being there when they're deciding who they like will be a big advantage in the future.

p.s: FT Eagles

I've put this in the General Football thread but with it being a former NFL stadium it can go in here too! I'm sure a few of you have seen this before but I've just posted a piece on my blog about the Pontiac Silverdome and it being abandoned in the last few years. The images of the stadium are quite eerie and pretty fascinating.

Link

I knew of the Silverdome before I really followed NFL.

That USA top :wub:

It's almost 15 years since one of the most memorable plays in playoff history.

Here's Schefty still whining like a little bitch.

Still not buying Music City Miracle
  • Adam Schefter [ARCHIVE]
  • fbshare.png tweet-button_56x19.png
  • ESPN.com | January 1, 2015
nfl_MCMiracle_d1_576x324.jpgAP Images/Al MesserschmidtKevin Dyson (87) finished off the Music City Miracle after catching a lateral that was ruled legal.

In 25 years covering the NFL, there aren't many press box seats as memorable as the one assigned to me, as a reporter for the Denver Post, on Jan. 8, 2000, 15 years ago next week, for the wild-card game at what's now LP Field between the Buffalo Bills and Tennessee Titans.

It was directly above the 25-yard line. From directly beneath that press box seat came one of the most storied plays in NFL postseason history.

Moments after Bills kicker Steve Christie booted a 41-yard field goal in the closing seconds, Titans fullback Lorenzo Neal caught the ensuing kickoff and handed it to tight end Frank Wycheck, who ran along the 25-yard line, directly beneath my press box seat. Wycheck stepped back to his left and threw a jump-pass to Titans wide receiver Kevin Dyson, who took off 75 yards for the game-winning score.

Madness erupted. Tennessee celebrated. Officials huddled and, eventually, ruled.

In their opinion, the pass was a backward legal lateral.

Only it wasn't. Their decision should have been overturned and/or overruled.

There wasn't -- and still isn't -- a game official, TV camera, replay booth or single person who had a better view than I did of the play that unfolded directly beneath me. Two trusted and reliable sources confirmed to me it was a forward lateral.

My left eye and my right eye.

nfl_a_billsts_200x300.jpg
AP Photo/Al MesserschmidtThe Bills were on the precipice of a playoff victory after Steve Christie's late field goal.

Each -- with condolences to Buffalo and its tremendous fans -- reported it was an undisputed forward lateral. Officials did not see it that way, but officials did not have my prime seat for the play that still is being replayed, over and over, 15 years later.

Instead, the play sent the Bills home and the Titans to the divisional round and eventually the Super Bowl.

There will be more memorable and historical moments, plays that send teams on or send them home. There will be plays that children remember as adults, and adults carry with them the rest of their lives. There always are. The joy that single plays can bring to certain cities is directly proportionate to the misery the same play can bring to other cities. Just ask Buffalo.

Now, 15 years have passed since the Bills' last postseason appearance, which just happens to be the NFL's longest playoff drought.

Fifteen years have come and gone since a forward pass dubbed the "Music City Miracle" ended the Bills' season and continued the Titans'.

And in all that time, nothing has changed the fact that on Jan. 8, 2000, the Titans' season should have ended and the Bills' should have continued.

Eyes don't lie.

Just watched it on you tube and the ball looks to have went backwards. Not by much but slightly. He might want to go get his eye's checked.

I know, the fact it took place on the 25 yard line makes it certain to me. How anyone can still hold the opinion it was forward baffles me.

15 years ago today. Man I feel old.

Never seen this picture before. LOL at McNair's face. I miss it being fun to be a Titan fan.

post-7214-0-38197900-1420727692_thumb.jp