Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

thought independence was a good idea but now that H_B's explained the UK will maintain low taxes and fiscal stability for all time I'm definitely on the fence.

The chances of the UK doing this versus scotland is much higher in my view.

Theres an election to win.neither the conservatives nor labour can afford in uk terms to tax middle income earners.

Until they get the chance its more doubtful that the SNP or Scottish Labour would face this pressure.

Its uncertain. To a much greater degree.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That only ad

The chances of the UK doing this versus scotland is much higher in my view.

Theres an election to win.neither the conservatives nor labour can afford in uk terms to tax middle income earners.

Until they get the chance its more doubtful that the SNP or Scottish Labour would face this pressure.

Its uncertain. To a much greater degree.

This only addresses the tax point but I'm not sure why you don't think the parties in Scotland would be trying to appeal to low tax voters? Certainly Scottish Labour have given all indications that they are the party of the fiscal centre-right.

The referendum will fail. Thats because people dont want it. That will frustrate some but its the way it is.

After the big defeat for Yes there will be a lot of soul searching for the committed Yes people. I dont know where they go from here really.

Ah yes. The "you're going to lose" mantra.

try as you might this is not a point you can successfully make. the eu is a trading block and very very limited political union. its completely different to being part of the uk and not comparable at all.

the rest of your post is just bitter bollocks I'm assuming not aimed at me, though I will say its impossible for people to vote with their wallets, its not a vote about that, I said when people do that its wrong.

So you can explain why 80% of our parliaments work is taken up implementing EU directives?

You avoided that the first time. Obviously.

The UK has a proper fiscal union. It actually works well for Scots. Why give it up?

we have elections in scotland too you know, even after independence we still would. every argument for union can be blown apart so easily its actually amusing.

Its much funnier watching nationalists seethe as their dreams are shattered.

Im not sure that it is tbh, and also note that is no different whether we are in the uk or not, the uk is in the eu no? I didnt avoid it at all, its just a non point. the uk's fiscal union works well for scots, in your opinion, in mine it doesnt,

Thats because you have no pensions, investments or a mortgage. And you are still sitting in front of a mirror most days bursting your plooks.

Scotland does the vast bulk of its trade in the union. It is a free trade area for Scots and it works well and has done for centuries. We also have full fiscal union and a shared currency that has allowed us to prosper. What is it we are giving this up for again?

^^^

completely discredited

Oh well.

I'm sure life will go on even if I don't have your approval. It might be REALLY tough at first, but with the support of those who love me and care for me, I'm sure I'll get over it.

Meanwhile. Was that the ping of your microwave?

that wouldnt change post independence, you have no argument. if we are in the eu its a free trade zone no tarriffs so no effect as ruk would be too. if one or both of us leave in future its in both our interests to retain that status, as trade isnt one way. you're a very bitter person arent you. most unionists are tbf.

Oh well.

I'm sure life will go on even if I don't have your approval. It might be REALLY tough at first, but with the support of those who love me and care for me, I'm sure I'll get over it.

Meanwhile. Was that the ping of your microwave?

You're doing an excellent impression of someone who isn't bothered that he'll never be taken seriously on here again. Even your fellow Unionists are giving you a wide berth. #toxicbrand #ratners

that wouldnt change post independence, you have no argument. if we are in the eu its a free trade zone no tarriffs so no effect as ruk would be too. if one or both of us leave in future its in both our interests to retain that status, as trade isnt one way. you're a very bitter person arent you. most unionists are tbf.

People who think that businesses in the rUK would cease trading with one of their key partners just because they don't share a passport anymore are either hyper-nationalist weirdos or have never actually been in business. You are 100% correct - as long as all are in the EU there is zero barrier to business.

Of course the sticking point here is that large portions of the English electorate want out of the EU. Scots, being generally more EU-friendly, would do well to vote Yes next September if they want to remain part of the European family.

Interestingly, Reynard continues to get personal because he doesn't have anything to offer. Where are those pension figures? He claimed months ago that he was going to post up the link to "humiliate" me.

He's clearly not got you on ignore, either. His self-styled political heavyweight reputation is completely in tatters and he's lashing out as a result of it. #ragingbullshit

You're doing an excellent impression of someone who isn't bothered that he'll never be taken seriously on here again. Even your fellow Unionists are giving you a wide berth. #toxicbrand #ratners

I honestly think it's something that would bother you. Mainly because you have a catastrophically enormous ego to feed. Me? I don't give a f**k what you think. Never have. Never will.

I honestly think it's something that would bother you. Mainly because you have a catastrophically enormous ego to feed. Me? I don't give a f**k what you think. Never have. Never will.

Completely off the rails. I bet even unionists are inhaling through their teeth at this display.

Archived