Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your views on Politics are so simplistic.

He was making the point that Pensions Boy (Reynard) claimed last year that Romney was going to be the next President, and was dismissing all those who disagreed with him. Apparently it was nailed on. And yet, somehow, Obama won.

Your views on Politics are so simplistic.

It's really amusing.

Leave the independence chat to the big boys, Paulo.

You're out your depth.

I'm not surprised that a zero-pointer like yourself doesn't understand why Barack Obama was mentioned against Reynard there.

Sit down.

I recall something to the effect of the Euro being disbanded by now, as well. And Greece was supposed to have defaulted around seven or eight times by now.

I grant you that the Scottish independence question looks quite different, since if it was held tomorrow it would be an absolute shoo-in for No, but I'm of the 'once bitten, twice shy' school when it comes to predicting things that are still over twelve months away, with all the twists and turns that entails.

Then again, I still have credibility on here, and a general desire to be an honest interlocutor, something several of the unionists lack.

The infrastructure point is a sound one. I'm sure we'd see more investment. Certainly government investment would increase as we wouldn't have to pay for London Crossrail or HS2 (a line more expensive and completion date similar to the much faster maglev line being built in Japan) and other south-east projects.

We should get in touch with the Japanese and ask them to build us a maglev line between Edinburgh and Glasgow. They're keep to export their system.

That happened to have a quote from the relevent Panelbase spokesperson.

Panelbase are, as certain mummys boys would say, "scrambling for relevance".<_<

The nationalist clown collective have made them a total laughing stock and as they were the only polling outfit showing any glimmer of hope to them whatsoever it makes their actions doubly stupid.

The infrastructure point is a sound one. I'm sure we'd see more investment. Certainly government investment would increase as we wouldn't have to pay for London Crossrail or HS2 (a line more expensive and completion date similar to the much faster maglev line being built in Japan) and other south-east projects.

We should get in touch with the Japanese and ask them to build us a maglev line between Edinburgh and Glasgow. They're keep to export their system.

As much as infrastructural improvements would be awesome... where, exactly, would you run this maglev system? Is it really necessary when the cities are already only 40 minutes apart by rail?

I worry slightly that people on the Yes side* are now starting to treat polls as ends in themselves, rather than something to be examined as a catalyst for action where it matters.

*of course people on the No side are doing the same but I don't care about their mistakes

Panelbase are, as certain mummys boys would say, "scrambling for relevance". <_<

The nationalist clown collective have made them a total laughing stock and as they were the only polling outfit showing any glimmer of hope to them whatsoever it makes their actions doubly stupid.

That doesn't even make sense.

I worry slightly that people on the Yes side* are now starting to treat polls as ends in themselves, rather than something to be examined as a catalyst for action where it matters.

*of course people on the No side are doing the same but I don't care about their mistakes

As a side, we're getting drawn in, because if we let it pass, then the narrative becomes one of one side screaming loudly about how Yes are being crushed. So we have to respond. I know polls are irrelevant, but the No camp are using them as part of their campaign.

Its a case of "Look everyone else is voting no, why don't you be a good boy and also vote no", so we have to fight back. The actual numbers are a load of bollocks, although I can't ever remember two sides deconstructing opinion polls to the same level, even in things like the US campaign.

I think the SNP funded poll has been fairly successful in what it set out to do. There had been a run of polls putting No comfortably ahead which risked dispiriting activists and cementing in people's minds that this was some sort of done deal. The fact that their poll showed Yes ahead or more importantly a very tight race threw it all open again and also helpfully made people start to distrust the polls altogether. So in that sense it was incredibly effective push polling as it shifted the agenda. I'd be surprised if separately Yes weren't doing private polling that actually helped them campaign better.

I think the SNP funded poll has been fairly successful in what it set out to do. There had been a run of polls putting No comfortably ahead which risked dispiriting activists and cementing in people's minds that this was some sort of done deal. The fact that their poll showed Yes ahead or more importantly a very tight race threw it all open again and also helpfully made people start to distrust the polls altogether. So in that sense it was incredibly effective push polling as it shifted the agenda. I'd be surprised if separately Yes weren't doing private polling that actually helped them campaign better.

I'd agree with that tbh. Opinion polling is a campaign tactic now, not a way of assessing public opinion.

And so what? Apparently IPSOS Mori, YouGov, and whatever shady unnamed organisation that Ashcroft uses have also been discredited for the same reasons.

Really?

IPSOS Mori, You Gov, TNS etc have given two questions prior to the actual referendum question, and prefaced that with a leading preamble have they?

Archived