Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm naturally sceptical of any economic impact figures especially any forecast by an agency that benefits from that forecast being good. If Brave makes Scotland £120m then brilliant but I'll believe it when I see it. Their press release has already been shown to attribute an increase in visitors at one location to Brave when it was actually in line with increase at other non Brave attractions.

It's not though, since some attractions have experienced a drop in numbers, while "Brave" attractions have seen increases despite being previously obscure or difficult to reach. When tourist numbers are up you would expect Linlithgow or Edinburgh to see an increase, not Dunottar.

You really are determined to turn this into bad news, aren't you?

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not though, since some attractions have experienced a drop in numbers, while "Brave" attractions have seen increases despite being previously obscure or difficult to reach. When tourist numbers are up you would expect Linlithgow or Edinburgh to see an increase, not Dunottar.

You really are determined to turn this into bad news, aren't you?

It was tongue in cheek. Apparently.

Apologies, forgot that true believers have no sense of humour.

How do I claim my share of this £120m Brave windfall?

Actually, I'm glad you asked. What will happen is that under the current devolution settlement, we won't. It'll go to the treasury, where it will make absolutely no impact on our block grant. :)

Actually, I'm glad you asked. What will happen is that under the current devolution settlement, we won't. It'll go to the treasury, where it will make absolutely no impact on our block grant. :)

But we'll be independent in 13 months so we'll all get a slice. I think I may use mine to buy a Wreck it Ralph poster

You're aving a McLahff!

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-24021961

Same people,same blood,same country,same family.

Same accent. :unsure2:

Better Together.

I don't suppose it'll really catch on too much,don't worry :rolleyes:

Bloody hell DeeGas actually makes am interesting point, am I having a nightmare here and still in bed?!

This effect will also likely be completely offset by American hegemony that seems to pervert all western culture so I'm not too bothered by it, the reverse is true, a lot of Scottish colloquialisms are found throughout the British isles.

Remember, this campaign is about breaking the political union not the clear cultural and social ties that bind this island so get a grip and stop pretending independence will somehow destroy these things.

Would that be because in the specific case mentioned, there really is evidence of the Unionists being at it?

I've tried reading the NewsNat article, but it glossed over the key point.

Is the allegation that this Skinner character or his friends made up the tweets purporting to be from Nationalists seeking to join Panelbase?

Independence 'could bring new infrastructure opportunities'

The senior partner of a real estate fund manager backing a £60 million office block in central Glasgow believes there could be greater opportunity for investment in Scotland if the country votes for independence.

Manish Chande, of Mountgrange, pointed out the company has been extremely active across Scotland recently, with around £400m of investments in areas including Aberdeen, Edinburgh and West Lothian.

Mr Chande, previously of Land Securities and Trillium, confirmed he won't be put off further investment in Scotland if voters back independence.

He said: "We are not concerned [about independence] whichever way it goes.

"If it stays the same, we are happy as we have made the investment. If it goes independent, I think there will perhaps be even more opportunities as Scotland will have to create its own new infrastructure as an independent state and that in itself will bring opportunities from a property perspective."

Mr Chande also did not rule out making further investments in Scotland, regardless of how the 2014 vote goes.

He said: "I think there is definitely further opportunities [in Scotland]. We have put a lot in here as we are confident and believe in it."

I've tried reading the NewsNat article, but it glossed over the key point.

Is the allegation that this Skinner character or his friends made up the tweets purporting to be from Nationalists seeking to join Panelbase?

No just that he collated them and started distributing them. Mind blowing isn't it.

No just that he collated them and started distributing them. Mind blowing isn't it.

The collation six instances of idiots on the Yes side by one person hardly represents a vast nationalist conspiracy does it? How can you trust panelbase? Is what Skinner asked, well, on the statistically insignificant sample of data provided, you have no reason to distrust them, at least, not for the reason Skinner submits.

The most interesting part of that is PB acknowledging the differences in technique giving different results, and are looking to delve more into that with their next poll 'in a week or two'

Didn't read the thread carefully this morning but am I to take it that people are still seething about the already-beneficial effect on the economy of Brave?

No, apparently that was all tongue in cheek. Although it never happened. And the stuff that did happen could be explained away. And we can't trust forecasts. Or evidence of things that have already happened. Not sure what parts of this were tongue in cheek though.

Bloody hell DeeGas actually makes am interesting point, am I having a nightmare here and still in bed?!

This effect will also likely be completely offset by American hegemony that seems to pervert all western culture so I'm not too bothered by it, the reverse is true, a lot of Scottish colloquialisms are found throughout the British isles.

Remember, this campaign is about breaking the political union not the clear cultural and social ties that bind this island so get a grip and stop pretending independence will somehow destroy these things.

I'm all for this kind of thing within the Union,i don't even mind a few (not too many) Americanisms getting in.As you suggest loads of Scottish colloquialisms are used by the English,Welsh and N Irish.It's just the natural development of the English language,

An end to political Union would see to a greater or lesser extent cultural and social ties lessen,that is obvious.

You can't do the dirty on the rUK and expect a bunch of roses from us.

Still,you've a referendum to win yet.

The collation six instances of idiots on the Yes side by one person hardly represents a vast nationalist conspiracy does it?

Agreed just like one idiot collating those six idiots stupid views hardly represent a unionist conspiracy. The bottom line was Panelbase was open to abuse (by either side) which is why they've now effectively shut their panel

It's all moot anyway as regardless of this Panelbase discredited itself by piss poor weighting and agreeing to two nationalist dog whistle questions to be placed right before the independence question.

Archived