Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Agreed just like one idiot collating those six idiots stupid views hardly represent a unionist conspiracy. The bottom line was Panelbase was open to abuse (by either side) which is why they've now effectively shut their panel

It's all moot anyway as regardless of this Panelbase discredited itself by piss poor weighting and agreeing to two nationalist dog whistle questions to be placed right before the independence question.

And so what? Apparently IPSOS Mori, YouGov, and whatever shady unnamed organisation that Ashcroft uses have also been discredited for the same reasons. So who does that leave?

Also, is there any evidence of Panelbase polling being abused? No. There isn't.

Remember when you weren't really that interested in arguing politics and didn't have a strong view either way? :lol:

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you can find a post where I'm advocating people strongly to vote either yes or no I'll happily dance down Princes St in an ill fitting Merida costume

Goalposts, shifted. I never said anything about you "advocating people strongly to vote either yes or no". I'm talking about YOUR views.

Ok find me a post where I'm expressing a strong personal opinion for or against voting yes or no. Shouldn't be that hard

Near enough every post you have made today. You are a poster with an agenda. You scrutinise the Yes campaign extra hard while giving the No campaign a free pass. You look for excuses to explain why the No camp have told lies, while casting aspersions on the Yes camp. There is absolutely no doubt where you are leaning.

If people genuinely wonder why unionists have a reputation for talking Scotland down at any opportunity, by the way, a quick glimpse through the last 2-3 pages should sort you out.

Near enough every post you have made today. You are a poster with an agenda. You scrutinise the Yes campaign extra hard while giving the No campaign a free pass. You look for excuses to explain why the No camp have told lies, while casting aspersions on the Yes camp. There is absolutely no doubt where you are leaning.

So that will be no actual evidence then. Just as well our court system doesn't operate on your make assumptions approach to life.

I can't find anyone 'talking Scotland down'. Provide some links so we can see it

If you aren't a loony nat then of course you're talking Scotland down. You have a fucking cheek calling yourself Scottish at all actually.

I can't find anyone 'talking Scotland down'. Provide some links so we can see it

God you are fucking tedious.

People who make a crap point who then get pulled up on it, who then proceed to insist on evidence of it really get on my tits. You're like the Anas Sarwar of this thread, desperately trying to bog the topic down until it just becomes unreadable.

Agreed just like one idiot collating those six idiots stupid views hardly represent a unionist conspiracy. The bottom line was Panelbase was open to abuse (by either side) which is why they've now effectively shut their panel

It's all moot anyway as regardless of this Panelbase discredited itself by piss poor weighting and agreeing to two nationalist dog whistle questions to be placed right before the independence question.

I don't think anyone's weighting is exactly right, and in any case - they don't weight by 2011 affiliation, and haven't for the last couple of months. The issue was apparently with the number of people who said they didn't vote in 2011 16%, against 50% who actually didn't vote, and I'm not sure how you adjust for that anyway. Polls will always be limited to how much truth people will actually give you (for example, see 'shy tory syndrome') and is liable to vary across pol to poll and always be present so no, their weighting wasn't piss poor in that respect, at least not relative to the effect the same issue wil lhave on everyone's polls.

While the 'dog whistle' as you call it almost certainly had an effect (note that PB say it 'might' but not necessarily) if we accept that it did, and similarly accept that the Yougov (who arguably had much worse weighting anyway) question lead it's audience, then we have an interesting data point. If differne tleading questions do lead to different poll effects then it's interesting to see the two polls and compare (where comparison, if not absolutely direct is possible) how framing the whole thing changes people's minds. If the UKOK mob can succesfully frame it as 'leaving the UK' then they win, if the YS lot can keep questions of who you trust more to make decisions that benefit you, then they come out on top.

It's actually reflected quite well in the SSA survey, where there was a plurality for having all decisions made in Scotland yet balking at the very term 'independence'. Even if we can't trust the headline figures from recent polls, we can take some interestnig points on how both sides have to frame the debate to win.

Are you in the 'I'll only move back once we're independent' camp like big Sean?

No, and I find questions about my personal circumstances to be really creepy in any case. Don't do that again.

The idea that Scotland's tourism industry is based around 'Edinburgh tat shops' and wilfully dishonest projections (so you and Reynard, respectively.) Scotland actually has a really ace tourism industry but it would be off-message if the CDUists were to acknowledge it.

I don't think anyone's weighting is exactly right, and in any case - they don't weight by 2011 affiliation, and haven't for the last couple of months. The issue was apparently with the number of people who said they didn't vote in 2011 16%, against 50% who actually didn't vote, and I'm not sure how you adjust for that anyway. Polls will always be limited to how much truth people will actually give you (for example, see 'shy tory syndrome') and is liable to vary across pol to poll and always be present so no, their weighting wasn't piss poor in that respect, at least not relative to the effect the same issue wil lhave on everyone's polls.

While the 'dog whistle' as you call it almost certainly had an effect (note that PB say it 'might' but not necessarily) if we accept that it did, and similarly accept that the Yougov (who arguably had much worse weighting anyway) question lead it's audience, then we have an interesting data point. If differne tleading questions do lead to different poll effects then it's interesting to see the two polls and compare (where comparison, if not absolutely direct is possible) how framing the whole thing changes people's minds. If the UKOK mob can succesfully frame it as 'leaving the UK' then they win, if the YS lot can keep questions of who you trust more to make decisions that benefit you, then they come out on top.

It's actually reflected quite well in the SSA survey, where there was a plurality for having all decisions made in Scotland yet balking at the very term 'independence'. Even if we can't trust the headline figures from recent polls, we can take some interestnig points on how both sides have to frame the debate to win.

Panelbase have acknowledged they have a serious cybernat problem and have had to close down new entrants. That's pretty much all we need to know here, they haven't openly admitted that their credibility is in tatters but it's pretty clear that the actions of some nationalist dafties in an attempt to make things seem like "its all to play for" has fucked up Panelbase as a serious polling outfit. If even a bunch of stupid nat fucks can see a way of making things look better by infesting the outfit and tring to rig the results then Panelbase should attempt to look a bit harder at the way they operate or they will simply stay point and laugh material. Which will do THEM no good at all as a company.

Archived