Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i'm not sure that salmond or sturgeon should be saying it's a done deal but it is almost inconceivable that we would be refused EU membership in the event of a yes vote.

We would need to meet the entry criteria as well as allowing us plebs to ratify whatever is presented to us in a referendum. So, while it's not likely we would be "refused", its not entirely inconceivable that after seeing whats involved after negotiation (if we meet criteria) that we say naw to it. Unlikely yes, inconceivable, no.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We would need to meet the entry criteria as well as allowing us plebs to ratify whatever is presented to us in a referendum. So, while it's not likely we would be "refused", its not entirely inconceivable that after seeing whats involved after negotiation (if we meet criteria) that we say naw to it. Unlikely yes, inconceivable, no.

Ah yes, speaking of unlikely and inconceivable, when will you be confirming your pension figure details?

i'm not sure that salmond or sturgeon should be saying it's a done deal but it is almost inconceivable that we would be refused EU membership in the event of a yes vote.

Saying it would be a formality easily negotiated is one thing.

What would be really stupid, and outright lies, would be if either Sturgeon or Salmond claimed that rather than having to apply for membership of the EU we would automatically inherit it post-secession, with the same opt out provisions the UK currently has.

That would be ridiculous. Wonder if either of them have said that.. mmmm... would need to check.

Saying it would be a formality easily negotiated is one thing.

What would be really stupid, and outright lies, would be if either Sturgeon or Salmond claimed that rather than having to apply for membership of the EU we would automatically inherit it post-secession, with the same opt out provisions the UK currently has.

That would be ridiculous. Wonder if either of them have said that.. mmmm... would need to check.

Ta-dah! Thanks for proving my point.

I'm seeing the bridge is coming in under budget and £20m has been put aside to try and mitigate the worst of the bedroom tax.

While I applaud this, it's a double edged sword. The more the SNP government does to prove it is doing what the voters want and be competent....

I'm seeing the bridge is coming in under budget and £20m has been put aside to try and mitigate the worst of the bedroom tax.

While I applaud this, it's a double edged sword. The more the SNP government does to prove it is doing what the voters want and be competent....

Yeah, the same thought occurred to me...

Sturgeon, the deputy leader of the Scottish government lied to us all. But thats ok. In terms of the debate.

Salmond also lied to us. In terms of the debate, but thats OK too. The two most powerful political figures in the Holyrood sand pit lied about the EU entry. Blatantly. But thats allowable, and defensible, as long as you are a part of the nationalist clown collective. You'll all let them off with it. These are the people that want to lord it over us in an independent Scotland and neither of them could lie straight in fucking bed. <_<

So we're back to this pish, and accusations of the SNP lying about the EU. I don't believe there's anything anyone could write that would convince Reynard, but he's not the only one to repeat the allegation. Just in case there's anyone else who might be swayed by it, here's the case for the defence to refresh a few memories. It's referring to Andrew Neill's interview with Salmond last year.

"The First Minister within seconds of being asked, confirms advice is held and is about to explain the context of this advice, when he is the victim of an interruption – he just manages to make it clear that he is referring to the general debate before Andrew Neil stops him from speaking. Andrew Neil waits for the First Minister to answer yes to his question and then very skillfully prevents the First Minister from continuing."

http://www.newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-opinion/6111-bbc-bare-faced-liars-and-the-danger-of-interruptions

http://newsnetscotland.com/index.php/referendum/6109-labour-in-qbare-faced-liarq-attack-on-salmond-as-referendum-consultation-published

"This brought an angry Mr Salmond back to the chamber to point out the context of the interview referred to documents already in the public domain and on general debate on Scotland’s EU status on which legal advice had already been received and not, as his opponents claimed, on the specific status of an independent Scotland’s EU membership."

And here we have Nicola Sturgeon being interviewed on Newsnight on that same subject. You'll notice how the fair and neutral BBC keep fading her microphone so that half her answers are censored. Incredible. Brewer is able to interrupt her constantly, but she's repeatedly silenced. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl6AQSCvznw

And finally, remember that the referendum isn't about the SNP - it's about Scotland making decions for itself. Common consensus is that by the time Scotland becomes independent in 2016 we will be in the EU, regardless of whether we remain a member or have to reapply. There's 2 years to sort it out after a Yes vote in 2014.

So we're back to this pish, and accusations of the SNP lying about the EU. I don't believe there's anything anyone could write that would convince Reynard, but he's not the only one to repeat the allegation.

That's because it's true.

Nicola Sturgeon lied to people about Scotland's membership of the EU post secession in 2006. Absolute barefaced lie that she hasn't yet, to my knowledge, apologised for.

She then went on to cheerlead utter nonsense from David Sheffer about co-equal successor states, and worse yet accuse the UK's independent legal advice of being "arrogant and colonial" despite it being, erm, right. Before cherrypicking bits from this paper she quite liked and using them.

The SNP have been all over the shop on this issue, which is why they have taken a total battering on it. We've advanced from Sturgeon's initial lies about inheriting membership with the UK's opt-outs to acceptance that negotiations will be required as to what terms Scot;and's membership will be on.

Along with of course the wasting of public money on preventing access to a blank bit of paper with legal advice on it, which didn't exist as they hadn't asked their own legal officers yet.

Gutted we're not going to be allowed into the EU, tbh.

Don't worry.

Our EU membership is already in the bag, with the UK's current opt outs and concessions.

We don't need to do anything - it arrives on the day of Independence. #coequalsuccessorsyeah

Don't worry.

Our EU membership is already in the bag, with the UK's current opt outs and concessions.

We don't need to do anything - it arrives on the day of Independence. #coequalsuccessorsyeah

We know this because Nicola said so and we all believe her. And her "in terms of the debate" fat boss reassured me too.

I'm convinced.

So we're back to this pish, and accusations of the SNP lying about the EU. I don't believe there's anything anyone could write that would convince Reynard, but he's not the only one to repeat the allegation. Just in case there's anyone else who might be swayed by it, here's the case for the defence to refresh a few memories. It's referring to Andrew Neill's interview with Salmond last year.

"The First Minister within seconds of being asked, confirms advice is held and is about to explain the context of this advice, when he is the victim of an interruption – he just manages to make it clear that he is referring to the general debate before Andrew Neil stops him from speaking. Andrew Neil waits for the First Minister to answer yes to his question and then very skillfully prevents the First Minister from continuing."

http://www.newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-opinion/6111-bbc-bare-faced-liars-and-the-danger-of-interruptions

http://newsnetscotland.com/index.php/referendum/6109-labour-in-qbare-faced-liarq-attack-on-salmond-as-referendum-consultation-published

"This brought an angry Mr Salmond back to the chamber to point out the context of the interview referred to documents already in the public domain and on general debate on Scotland’s EU status on which legal advice had already been received and not, as his opponents claimed, on the specific status of an independent Scotland’s EU membership."

And here we have Nicola Sturgeon being interviewed on Newsnight on that same subject. You'll notice how the fair and neutral BBC keep fading her microphone so that half her answers are censored. Incredible. Brewer is able to interrupt her constantly, but she's repeatedly silenced. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl6AQSCvznw

And finally, remember that the referendum isn't about the SNP - it's about Scotland making decions for itself. Common consensus is that by the time Scotland becomes independent in 2016 we will be in the EU, regardless of whether we remain a member or have to reapply. There's 2 years to sort it out after a Yes vote in 2014.

She did lie.

Normally, this doesn't matter a f**k, but she is deputy leader and is helping to run a campaign where we are supposed to trust these twats that what they say is going to be the way things will be. She can take here lying acrylic heid and f**k off with it...

In terms of the debate.

We know this because Nicola said so and we all believe her. And her "in terms of the debate" fat boss reassured me too.

I'm convinced.

She did lie.

Normally, this doesn't matter a f**k, but she is deputy leader and is helping to run a campaign where we are supposed to trust these twats that what they say is going to be the way things will be. She can take here lying acrylic heid and f**k off with it...

In terms of the debate.

On the subject of lying, would you like to rescue your credbility from the Mariana Trench by addressing the following four points?

• Pension figures
  • Immigration figures
  • Weather station siting
  • Ice coverage

Archived