Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Superb.

The Writer is a bit 'too left' for my liking however this is it in a nutshell for me:

It’s the privatisation of the NHS. It’s the creation of the Bedroom Tax, a policy so indescribably stupid and destructive that I’m not sure Nigel Farage himself could have dreamt it up. It’s the unwavering lip-service to Trident, a pointless £100bn vanity project that saves no lives and never will.

It’s the never-ending torrent of abuse from broadcasters and media barons that Scotland is subsidised by Westminster, when in fact it’s been the other way around since the year dot.

I thank God almighty that Scotland tends to see through most of this garbage. In 14 years, our Parliament has ring-fenced free higher education, introduced free prescriptions, guaranteed free bus passes for pensioners and eye tests for all, banned public smoking and invested in renewable energy

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enschuldigen sie bitte,mein Duetsch (deutsch) ist nict (nicht) so gut,abur (aber) ich hat reise in Deutschland gemachte und es ist eine schune (schoene) land und leute.

Die (dem) Deutscher fraen (frauen) ist (sind) ganz geil!

Ich glaube die UK Union ist best fur alles leaute (leute, Menschen probably better)das wohnen on unsa (unserer wunderschoenes inseln) wundershone island.

Corrected the spelling. Couldn't be arsed with the grammar. Damning indicment of English language teaching.

Probably got you an A* pass these days mind you.

Corrected the spelling. Couldn't be arsed with the grammar. Damning indicment of English language teaching.

Probably got you an A* pass these days mind you.

Es ist wahr,aber ich hat begginen meaine satz mit ein enschuldigen. :)

In mein erfarhrung ich hat gefunden mit ambischein geduld communication ist moglich like (Glos "like").

Sieg Rab C!

Look away now Unionists, the Scotsman has done a demolition job on Project Fear's numbers!

http://www.scotsman.com/news/peter-jones-shooting-down-independence-statistics-1-3130418

So effectively, more lies. More smear and more fear from Better Together.

When even the Scotsman is reacting to Better Together's figures with derision, you know they're making an absolute c**t of it.

I think Renton did a great job of highlighting why BAE in Scotland are likely to retain MOD contracts. It thus comes as no surprise whatsoever that the topic has been quietly dropped, just like the oil paper.

My advice to Yes voters on here is to ignore the likes of DeeGas and instead just keep pushing on the facts. Assuming any neutral still bothers with this thread, they will soon notice which side is scaremongering and which has the answers.

They're buying it, not taking it. A slight semantic difference, there.

It's a tough one. The alternative, realistically, was that it closed down.

Good to hear Phil Hammond ripping the Nats' defence and ship building plans apart on Radio Scotland this morning.

Does Keith Brown really expect ship building in Scotland to be able to compete in the free market or has he been misquoted?

You are willing to trust a Conservative politician to tell the truth when it comes to jobs and industry in Scotland?

Aye good one :1eye

The way it is going it won't take much to buy it. A few million quid. I am sure the current New Zealand owners would be willing to shift it for a rock bottom price, seeing as no one has come close to buying for about three years.

Would also secure the SAR facility, in an independent country, I would imagine, unlike the uncertainty we have over it when it becomes privatised.

It's an asset. A seriously underused asset, but an asset.

It would be good to get rid of the "Pure Dead Brilliant" garbage though

The way it is going it won't take much to buy it. A few million quid. I am sure the current New Zealand owners would be willing to shift it for a rock bottom price, seeing as no one has come close to buying for about three years.

Would also secure the SAR facility, in an independent country, I would imagine, unlike the uncertainty we have over it when it becomes privatised.

It's an asset. A seriously underused asset, but an asset.

It would be good to get rid of the "Pure Dead Brilliant" garbage though

I don't see a future for Prestwick, frankly. It's too far from Glasgow, whose main airport isn't operating at capacity.

I don't see a future for Prestwick, frankly. It's too far from Glasgow, whose main airport isn't operating at capacity.

If the Glasgow Airport rail-link had gone through it would have almost certainly meant the end of Prestwick (as a commercial airport of the type it is now) long-term. Does anyone know if there is scope for an additional runway or terminal at Glasgow?

They're buying it, not taking it. A slight semantic difference, there.

It's a tough one. The alternative, realistically, was that it closed down.

Is that what theyve blown that lottery winner from Largs winnings on?

I can only see them making a roaring success of this..

Been on the market for two years with nobody wanting to touch it with a shitty stick, hasn't turned a profit in a decade. But the SNP reckon they know how to run an airport? fucking hell

Despite it providing thousands of jobs.

Well, it doesn't work as a business. Should the Scottish government maybe buy up all the high street shops that are going down the shitter? They provide far more jobs than Prestwick Airport ever will.

If the Glasgow Airport rail-link had gone through it would have almost certainly meant the end of Prestwick (as a commercial airport of the type it is now) long-term. Does anyone know if there is scope for an additional runway or terminal at Glasgow?

I think they looked into it, and proposed one, but after re-assessing their projected passenger figures for the next 25 years dropped the idea.

Despite it providing thousands of jobs.

They could be in the politically awkward position of having to make redundancies there now. The place hasn't made a profit for over a decade, it lost Ryanair and it has about four flights a day on a good day. Its in a similar position to when it lost its transatlantic flight monopoly years ago. It does come into it's own when Glasgow is fogbound, but that's about it. Or when the yank military want to stop for a quick slash while they fly the taliban to Guantanamo.

Archived