Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The full runway at RAF Machrihanish is 3049 metres (10003 feet) and was the only runway in Europe certified to accept the Space Shuttle. At the moment, only part of the runway is used for the civil flights from Campbeltown.

It's now known as MoD Machrihanish. The RAF pulled out a while ago and the base was recently sold for £1 to a local consortium.

:lol: oh dear, I reckon the next 5 pages will be dancing to the jig of semantic legal shite and "I never said that wouldn't be the case" or "this never actually happened".

:lol: oh dear, I reckon the next 5 pages will be dancing to the jig of semantic legal shite and "I never said that wouldn't be the case" or "this never actually happened".

1/3 runaway favourite is currently 'Salmond's wife is old'.

So how many more lines from their fear-mongering checklist have BitterTogether left to hastily scrub out in red-faced rage? I say we get Anas Sarwar back on the telly with Nicola Sturgeon to get some kind of idea where they're going to blindly vent their 'yes, but what about...?' seethe at next.

Brilliant! This is on top of this strangely neglected interview from a Danish foreign spokesman....

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/politics/danish-mps-see-future-in-nato-and-eu-for-an-independent-scotland-1.137088

A senior Danish MP has claimed that Scotland would be immediately invited into Nato after independence — and that forcing the removal of Trident would have “absolutely no impact”.

The nation would have to reapply to join the EU, it was predicted, but the process could be “very fast” and complete in the two years between the referendum and becoming independent.

Really? He goes on to say.....

“It could be fast, it depends on how you want to do it. It could be very fast.”

Asked if it could be achieved in the two years between a vote to go it alone and Scotland becoming independent, Mr Paulsen said: “Yes, that is absolutely doable.”

John Dyrby Paulsen is foreign and defence spokesman for the ruling Social Democrats in Denmark, and chairman of the Nato Parliamentary Assembly’s transatlantic relations committee.

They're dancing on the head of a pin there. The argument has never been that Scotland could not begin negotiations for re-application between 2014 and Independence Day, though there are doubts that, save supplemental interim agreements, rights and duties would be sustained without some sort of interruption until membership was formally agreed to, unanimously by member states. The point is it would be a re-application to become a "member-state" of the EU (not the same as being "in" the EU or bound by EU law).

Do I agree with Alistair Darling that it could take 9 years? No. That's not conceivable. Does that therefore mean that the words highlighted in that article mean that:

"Official confirmation that there is no legal bar to negotiations taking place after a Yes vote will be seen as a significant blow to opponents of independence who have claimed that a Yes vote would see Scotland thrown out of the EU and having to re-apply" is a fair representation of what was being argued, or for that matter correct? No.

There wasn't a "legal bar to negotiations". The point was there is no automatic legal mechanism to preserve rights and responsibilities or to confer membership to a seceding state without supplemental negotiation over and above the standard application process to join the EU.

They're dancing on the head of a pin there. The argument has never been that Scotland could not begin negotiations for re-application between 2014 and Independence Day, though there are doubts that, save supplemental interim agreements, rights and duties would be sustained without some sort of interruption until membership was formally agreed to, unanimously by member states. The point is it would be a re-application to become a "member-state" of the EU (not the same as being "in" the EU or bound by EU law).

Do I agree with Alistair Darling that it could take 9 years? No. That's not conceivable. Does that therefore mean that the words highlighted in that article mean that:

"Official confirmation that there is no legal bar to negotiations taking place after a Yes vote will be seen as a significant blow to opponents of independence who have claimed that a Yes vote would see Scotland thrown out of the EU and having to re-apply" is a fair representation of what was being argued, or for that matter correct? No.

There wasn't a "legal bar to negotiations". The point was there is no automatic legal mechanism to preserve rights and responsibilities or to confer membership to a seceding state without supplemental negotiation over and above the standard application process to join the EU.

Pish. The impression being given was that Scotland would be "outside of the EU trying to get in". I remember that old duplicitous c**t Menzies Campbell saying we'd be at the end of a very long queue. You have to accept that your party has been desperately lying through its collective teeth.

Pish. The impression being given was that Scotland would be "outside of the EU trying to get in". I remember that old duplicitous c**t Menzies Campbell saying we'd be at the end of a very long queue. You have to accept that your party has been desperately lying through its collective teeth.

This. The Unionists are telling lies.

The brilliant Derek Bateman. http://drderekbateman.wordpress.com/2013/10/09/london-calling/

"But are Scottish Unionists so craven, so nationalistically comatose that they turn their eyes away when a crude belittling caricature of their nation is broadcast in their name? Does Scotland mean so little to them that they can’t find their voice to defend her honour?"

We've asked this so many times on this very forum why Unionists will never ask questions or disagree with fellow Unionists no matter how insulting and factually incorrect they may be

We've asked this so many times on this very forum why Unionists will never ask questions or disagree with fellow Unionists no matter how insulting and factually incorrect they may be

Completely intellectually dishonest.

I know he aims this mainly at defeating nationalists but I am truly intrigued to know what Scottish Unionists make of this? Is it their vision of their country? Is Scotland really such a third world basket case that they agree able-bodied Scots would rather serve in the British forces than the Scottish? Do they think that Salmond is such a charlatan that he would fail to provide the very basic personnel and equipment our country needs for its defence needs?

And just like the issues of race and immigration, the Unionsts say nothing. They lack the intellectual honesty to disagree with each other.

I've followed this thread on and off however this is the quiestest spell I can remember for the Unionists.

Hardly a peep in almost a fortnight.

Is their Weaponry empty? :unsure2:

Archived