Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lib Dems very rarely spark any passion or emotion in me whatsoever - but hearing snippets from their 'conference' this morning got me in a rage - trying to paint Salmond as someone who actually wants to damage Scotland - like he's a Bond villain. Fortunately no-one seems to take them seriously anymore and electoral annihilation is soon to follow

That grinds my gears too. Can understand why people dislike Salmond (Accepting support from Brian Souter, being pro-NATO, slightly dodgy role in the Trump Golf course debacle), but there seems to be so many people voting no simply because they "hate" Salmond.

That grinds my gears too. Can understand why people dislike Salmond (Accepting support from Brian Souter, being pro-NATO, slightly dodgy role in the Trump Golf course debacle), but there seems to be so many people voting no simply because they "hate" Salmond.

Because they're cretins.

From the official Lib Dem site:

http://www.scotlibdems.org.uk/news/2013/03/tavish-scott-msp-speech-scottish-liberal-democrat-spring-conference

· The Islands have negotiated with oil companies for 4 decades. Jo Grimond piloted a law through Westminster giving the Islands power over the seas and control over oil developments as long ago as 1973.

· Two thirds of the North Sea and west of Shetland reserves are in Shetland coastal waters. The Northern Isles don't need Nationalists negotiating Scotland's oil share. We have plenty of our own leverage.

Anyway, it's not your oil Alex, its wirs.

Other parts of the world seek our advice. The Falklands have had delegations in Shetland. Fresh from their referendum, they look to island expertise on oil and gas. The Isle of Man looks to help on fisheries.

The Manx Parliament is a good model for Shetland. Speaker Roden is a Scot. He's a former young liberal. He lit the liberal flame in Moray in the 1979 General Election. But his powers, those of the Tynwald and the powers that the Isle has could be copied in Shetland.

Would the SNP oppose Shetland becoming a crown dependency?

So there we have it, it appears that in the event of independence, Tavish doesn't want independence. He wants to gift wrap Shetland and hand it to London. Do you think ANYONE at the Lib Dem conference explained the word "enclave" to him?

I’m a Shetland Islander first, a Scot second and a Brit third.

That should be our goal. Island Home Rule.

And remember, this was endorsed unanimously by the conference! :lol:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scottish-independence-northern-isles-devolution-bid-1-2841537

<_<

The islanders rights to self determination should be respected at all times. I hope when the Ayrshire separation movement starts up to release ourselves from the evil Edinburgh knows best types that our wishes will be respected too.

The wheels are so far off the nats bogey that the sparks from the chassis scraping the ground must be a fire hazard to Sturgeons wig.

The last line of the article is especially funny.

“We are confident that Orkney and Shetland will vote Yes to Scottish independence along with the rest of the country in autumn 2014.” :1eye

According to an SNP taxpayer funded spokesman....

Hopefully it is that fucking c**t Peter A Bellend.

Mr Darling's essay on why the union is so good.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/alistair-darling-uk-forged-over-three-centuries-1-2841514

So we lose the minimum wage, we can't trade with England and we can't get at the oil if we are not in the UK?

And does he really think the no army, no seat at the UN security council lines take him anywhere. So we don't get involved in dubious wars around the globe and this is a reason to stay in the union?

Mr Darling's essay on why the union is so good.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/alistair-darling-uk-forged-over-three-centuries-1-2841514

So we lose the minimum wage, we can't trade with England and we can't get at the oil if we are not in the UK?

And does he really think the no army, no seat at the UN security council lines take him anywhere. So we don't get involved in dubious wars around the globe and this is a reason to stay in the union?

That would be a good thing regardless.

We will be staying in the union anyway so don't get too het up about this all. 8)

Lots of mutual masturbation amongst the nat twats again.

You have already lost this. Hard lines ladies.

Regarding self determination, Absolutely. If Shetland want full independence from Scotland post independence, then they can call a referendum, as is their right.

Surely even you can see how hilarious and hypocritical it is though? Or is this cue more intellectual dishonesty?

Regarding self determination, Absolutely. If Shetland want full independence from Scotland post independence, then they can call a referendum, as is their right.

Surely even you can see how hilarious and hypocritical it is though? Or is this cue more intellectual dishonesty?

It isn't actually. It's not as if the UK has stepped in and told the SNP to get to f**k with their independence referendum is it? Mainly because they know the yes camp are going to lose horribly of course, but Scotland has been allowed to get on with it. It now has f**k all to do with Westminster.

Shetland could have a referendum on this before fat Alex and his merry band of half wits get round to holding their effort.

Oh, but what size of military will they have? What about when the oil runs out? And dont they know the oil price is due to plummet?

Basically the Unionists just lost the right to use these arguments :D

Oh, but what size of military will they have? What about when the oil runs out? And dont they know the oil price is due to plummet?

Basically the Unionists just lost the right to use these arguments :D

Ask a Shetlander what they think. I'm not a Shetlander and neither are you.

Anyone living in Scotland and participating in this referendum still has the right to point and laugh at fat Alex and his band of morons all they like. And also use any argument they wish to.

What Shetland does with its own affairs is up to Shetland.

Ask a Shetlander what they think. I'm not a Shetlander and neither are you.

Anyone living in Scotland and participating in this referendum still has the right to point and laugh at fat Alex and his band of morons all they like. And also use any argument they wish to.

What Shetland does with its own affairs is up to Shetland.

Absolutely. It doesn't make ypur unionist hypocrisy any less hilarious though! Bbbbbbut oil! Border controls! Price crashes! Trade barriers!

The lib dems have lost the argument, and given that you support their views, so have you!

Anyway, best of luck to Shetland whatever they decide to do.

I wonder how many other bits of Scotland will want to distance themselves from the Edinburghcentric wunderfuds of the SNP and their ambitions?

I reckon about 70% 8)

Archived