Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Absolutely. It doesn't make ypur unionist hypocrisy any less hilarious though! Bbbbbbut oil! Border controls! Price crashes! Trade barriers!

The lib dems have lost the argument, and given that you support their views, so have you!

Don't haver shite. Much like your efforts at closing down the debate in here a year ago, you are being made a fool of on a daily basis by the p[oliticians you worship. They need idiots like you to peddle their fail and you are a willing water bearer for them.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, good luck to Shetland in their quest for self determination. It's a fair trek on the ferry to Newcastle. And on the subject of Geordies, maybe Berwick should get a referendum to come home, Newcastle could be included in that, in fact, why not claim the lost lands all the way down to Hull.

I'm sure the NE would love to get rid of Westminster. In fact, f**k it, why don't we have a referendum to get rid of Westminster, London and the SE of England. I'm sure in the current climate we could extend the border down to the Watford gap.....

Don't haver shite. Much like your efforts at closing down the debate in here a year ago, you are being made a fool of on a daily basis by the p[oliticians you worship. They need idiots like you to peddle their fail and you are a willing water bearer for them.

Said the most intellectually dishonest poster on the forum. All you do is repeat whatever the guardian and the labour party put out. The fact that you support the lib dems on this is hilarious!

What size of military will the lib dems propose? What currency? What about when the oil runs out? Why wont YOU answer these simple questions?

The islanders rights to self determination should be respected at all times.

Yep. But the funny thing is that Tavish doesn't believe that, and neither do the Lib Dems. But now they're going to be forced to act like they do, possibly for years to come. It's going to be funny as f**k.

A few weeks back he was warning us all of the dangers of separation, siding with those who see the UK as some kind of sacred and unbreakable unitary state. Now he's agitating to set up a Lib Dem micro-nation out of nothing more than spite and a misguided belief that he's clever.

Brian Taylor asked him last night why he doesn't go for it now, rather than waiting to see how the referendum looks like it might go - as a convinced Shetland nationalist, surely there is no time to lose?

Tav couldn't answer. He doesn't want Home Rule for Shetland, or independence, or to make it a Crown Dependency, or to join Norway - and he certainly doesn;t want to ask Shetlanders how they feel about it. But he'll have to now.

Yep, good luck to Shetland in their quest for self determination. It's a fair trek on the ferry to Newcastle. And on the subject of Geordies, maybe Berwick should get a referendum to come home, Newcastle could be included in that, in fact, why not claim the lost lands all the way down to Hull.

I'm sure the NE would love to get rid of Westminster. In fact, f**k it, why don't we have a referendum to get rid of Westminster, London and the SE of England. I'm sure in the current climate we could extend the border down to the Watford gap.....

Weve been told that the sea border is "up for grabs", so why not make a play for northumbria?

Saying they'll set themselves up like the Isle of Man? It's interesting because I'm actually researching off shore wind at the moment and have come across a bunch of maps showing the territorial waters of the UK. Take a good look at the Isle of Man. It's an enclave within English and Scottish waters. So Shetland would lose right to the oil. I'd hope that if Tavish's brinksmanship ever resulted in Shetlanders listening to this rubbish that this would be pointed out soon. Even if they joined Norway or England they'd still be seen as an enclave. Many of the best offshore wind and tidal generation areas are in the Pentland Firth, though.

Anyway, here's one from the Crown Estate:

Round3.jpg

Saying they'll set themselves up like the Isle of Man? It's interesting because I'm actually researching off shore wind at the moment and have come across a bunch of maps showing the territorial waters of the UK. Take a good look at the Isle of Man. It's an enclave within English and Scottish waters. So Shetland would lose right to the oil. I'd hope that if Tavish's brinksmanship ever resulted in Shetlanders listening to this rubbish that this would be pointed out soon. Even if they joined Norway or England they'd still be seen as an enclave. Many of the best offshore wind and tidal generation areas are in the Pentland Firth, though.

Anyway, here's one from the Crown Estate:

Round3.jpg

Noticed that's still got the old sea border between Scotland and England, before Blairs lot redrew it???

Tavish is a c**t. Everybody knows this. He's been an MSP for coming on 15 years and only now decides that home rule is the right choice for Shetland. I actually do know a couple of born and bred Shetland folk. They think Tavish is a c**t too. I'll try and ask for their thoughts in the next couple of days.

Oh aye, there's a potential McCrone MKII lurking about. There's meant to be shed loads of oil off the Western Isles, another North Sea in terms of size, the reason why it hasn't been tapped into was because of pressure from the Admiralty and subs coming out of Faslane.

Couldn't have a Polaris/Trident sub crashing into a rig.

Tavish is a c**t. Everybody knows this. He's been an MSP for coming on 15 years and only now decides that home rule is the right choice for Shetland. I actually do know a couple of born and bread Shetland folk. They think Tavish is a c**t too. I'll try and ask for their thoughts in the next couple of days.

Ah, but this isn't just Tavish any more. This is a policy that has now been endorsed "unanimously" by the conference! :D

Ah, but this isn't just Tavish any more. This is a policy that has now been endorsed "unanimously" by the conference! :D

Did you see the conference? You could have just about held it in our living room.

I've no idea why anyone pays the slightest bit of attention to Tavish Scott.

He 'led' the Lib Dems to their most disastrous showing ever up here at the last Holyrood election, after a campaign showing all the life and verve of a decaying lettuce in a run-down corner shop.

He is consumingly obsessed with Salmond and the SNP and has a visceral loathing of both, a stance which seems to embarrass some of his party colleagues.

I assume in what passes for his deluded mind this 'independence for Shetland' is a masterstroke which will undermine the SNP's case next year. In reality, it's substance-free white noise, whose net effect will only be to incrase the volume of laughter directed at Tavish himself.

What an absolute clown.

Archived