Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not too fussed what guys with tens of millions in the bank and don't live in the country have to say and I genuinely include Yes supporters in that.

If Sir Alex or Sir Sean have something to say about potentially one of the most prosperous nations on earth having food banks in all it's major cities, I might consider their input.

Otherwise their sentimental pish isn't really of interest.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too fussed what guys with tens of millions in the bank and don't live in the country have to say and I genuinely include Yes supporters in that. If Sir Alex or Sir Sean have something to say about potentially one of the most prosperous nations on earth having food banks in all it's major cities, I might consider their input. Otherwise their sentimental pish isn't really of interest.

Sir Alex lives in England,part of our Union.

He's probably donated a lot of money to good causes over the years.

He is entitled to his opinion,just as you are.

At least the money Sir Alex donated to the Better together movement was not taken from the Scottish kitty,which is more than Salmond can claim.

Salmonds anti English,separatist obsession knows no bounds.

Spending Scots money on his propaganda campaign and not even having the decency to say so.

This money he has taken from the Scottish kitty could be spent on problems facing Scotland today and not on his 'hatred of England project'.

The mans a destructive thief and liar.

Problems?

What problems, we're better together and get the best of both worlds.

It seems you're doing okay out of the UK,i mean you're working in the English part.

As you know full well (I hope),not all English are like Cameron,so why use him as your reason?

That sounds a wee bit "bizarre".

Things change,ups and downs and Salmond waving the Scottish flag about at Wimbledon is not a reason to break up a Union that is older than many countries,in my opinion.

What field of work are you and your colleagues involved in?

We work in the transport industry. Nothing would change for our company I would imagine. Our head office is in Scotland.

Problems?

What problems, we're better together and get the best of both worlds.

:) £800,000 is a lot of dosh that could do some positive good Deky.

We all know full well the Union has problems,standard of living problems eg.

Salmond has taken money off Unionists (must of done) to pay for his 'hate England campaign'.

Can't be right.

We work in the transport industry. Nothing would change for our company I would imagine. Our head office is in Scotland.

Danke Sid.

So i'll guess most of your work colleagues are home owners and chained their lives to 'Thatchers dream'.

They will claim to be very poor,but what they really mean is because they bought/are buying property they have to tighten their belts to be able to afford to eg go and watch Carlisle United play.

They moan,they love moaning,it's an English/British pastime.

They are working in the transport industry and therefore may not be too bad off,not rich,but not poor.

Do you have a mortgage (obviously that's your business and I realise you may not want to answer)?

If so and then unless the money came from family,you cannot be doing so badly by todays messed up world standards.

I fear some people are slowly being caught up in the Salmond propaganda,that is his create Scottish and English divide plan.

f**k sake, we were doing well at ignoring that guy. Why did you lot have to ruin it by giving him one iota of attention?

DomDom,people/posters are entitled to their point of view and if that doesn't quite fit into the clique you're a member of then surely trying to effectively bully them into joining is wrong.

This 'ignore DeeGas idea' is really quite school playground bullying and an example of what inde Scotland might be like with that kind of attempt to control people.

It's funny how the yes campaign dismiss this poll yet a poll conducted by a yes supporting website is believed to be spot on.

Its already been pointed out how wrong this statement is. If you had a shred of intellectual honesty, you would acknowledge this.

It's funny how the yes campaign dismiss this poll yet a poll conducted by a yes supporting website is believed to be spot on.

Seems to me Mr Bairn that the majority of Scots do not trust the separatist movement.There's too much anti England,too many lies,too much exaggeration of how wonderful an inde Scotland will be etc.

They also know fell well the Union is not perfect,we have our problems,of course we do.

So,it really is a case of 'better the devil you know' and after all,we are the the same people,300 years of Union.

Stop quoting him!

Yes. This.

Actually telling posters who to and not to 'chat' with.

School playground bully tactics.

The separatists on here have already done their best to bully Reynard away and sadly they may of succeeded.

Shame.

I'm a Yes supporter, but I think we will vote no, and it'll be something like 42-58 or so. Jenkins seems like a very decent person, but I cannot see him winning over undecided. I've just had a 2 hr talk with someone who's never voted in his life at 30 years old, never! Yet is striving to vote No next year. Maybe tomorrow or the next day I'll be positive, there are too many who want their cake and eat it. I still cannot believe the ''we are too small'' pish is still spouted, if we were to become a proper country we'd be smack bang in the middle. A small state is Bahrain, Iceland, Luxembourg, Estonia.

I hope to f**k I'm wrong, but there's too many bawbags and cùnts in Scotland. And I'm hoping Yes up the pace, if it continues like this rate, Yes will lose.

Correct me if I am wrong, but are you suggesting that the opinion are expressed on P & B is the Yes Campaign?

Polls are polls, particularly in this debate they will be favourable to whoever commissioned them. The truth will lie somewhere in the middle. Pretty much like any argument in life.

It wasn't conducted by Wings, it was commissioned by Wings. Panelbase did the research, we've gone over and around this countless times regarding which companies had the correct methodology, which questions were leading and who's weighting was the more accurate. I tend to think PB have a decent all round methodology/weighting system, no one has adequately bridged the differences in turnouts between Westminster and Holyrood, but 2011 Holyrood weighting is better than 2010 Westinster weighting in term sof undersampling Yes voters.

The two Wings polls are pretty good in so much as the money was raised by crowd surfing such that wings was able to delve quite deeply into how the vote breaks down, as such it garnered a lot of discussion time because it represented more than a simple yes/No headline.

I'm a Yes supporter, but I think we will vote no, and it'll be something like 42-58 or so.

Same except I'm not sure it'll even be that close.

Everyone I know that has any interest in politics/current affairs is voting Yes but everyone else is swallowing all the scaremongering shote and voting no "because it's too risky".

The only positive thing is that most of the latter seem almost embarrassed to admit that's how they're thinking and would rather Scotland was Independent 'if we could afford it'.

You'd like to think - seeing as we most definitely can - that this argument might land with people in the next year. I'm not holding my breath though.

Archived