Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I haven't read this whole thread (and I'm not going to) so apologies if already said. It puzzles me that some people, who would like to see the UK gain independence from Europe, do not want Scotland to gain independence from the UK.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh?

As a UKIP supporter I believe in United Kingdom for independence from the European Union. I do not believe any member whether it be an 'independent' Scotland or the UK as we know it now can be truly independent whilst part of the EU.

So, effectively, your view on the EU does not change if we discuss UK membership or an independent Scotland's membership.

1) Why do you feel that this is relevant to a debate on Scottish independence?

2) Why not start a new thread to debate the EU if it is so important to you?

So, effectively, your view on the EU does not change if we discuss UK membership or an independent Scotland's membership.

because he is a troll of Scotsman levels, the only thing he is consistent about is his contradictions

Then stop your mewling. We're already in the EU.

Which is why many people living in Scotland are supporting UKIP.

1) Because I don't believe an (unlikely) Yes vote in the Scottish independence referendum is a vote for real independence and I'm giving my reasons for it.

2) Proving Galloways point a bit there with that question.

1) Because I don't believe an (unlikely) Yes vote in the Scottish independence referendum is a vote for real independence and I'm giving my reasons for it.

1) So, your reason for voting "no" is that we don't have real independence under the current system and this won't change after independence? :1eye

2) Are you suggesting that I'm trying to stop you contributing to the debate? I'm only trying to keep it on topic, and suggesting that you start a new topic for your own pet peeve. I'm sure that it will be a lively debate.

Which is why many people living in Scotland are supporting UKIP.

What is your definition of many?

How many elected officials do UKIP have in Scotland?

How many times have UKIP lost their deposit when standing in Scotland?

Why did Better Together not include UKIP in their coallition to keep Scotland under Westminster rule?

And finally, why do you keep up this boring pretence that UKIP has any relevance in the idependence referendum?

1) So, your reason for voting "no" is that we don't have real independence under the current system and this won't change after independence? :1eye

2) Are you suggesting that I'm trying to stop you contributing to the debate? I'm only trying to keep it on topic, and suggesting that you start a new topic for your own pet peeve. I'm sure that it will be a lively debate.

1) No, its not the reason, I was merely pointing out the Yes voters won't get real independence.

2) No worries.

53% of Scots would vote for the UK to remain part of the EU, with 34% opposed and 61% think an independent Scotland should be an EU member.

In a similar poll in November, 50% of people in England said they would vote to leave the EU compared with 42% wanting to remain.

Hmm seems like anyone interested in remaining an EU citizen should be voting yes, and jump ship before the tories roll out the get fucked brussells referendum.

http://www.ipsos-mori.com/Assets/Docs/Polls/scotland-attitudes-towards-EU-membership-2013-tables.pdf

So, as you agree it makes no difference, why do you keep banging on about the EU in a thread dedicated to the independence question?

I can't remember because this has dragged on for so long, lol. But I likely commented Scottish independence was not real and was then asked why.

Lets leave it at that. I did try to get back on topic today with post #29779 which was my first post of the day but then Wings brought up a post from yesterday regarding the EU. Blame him. :)

I can't remember because this has dragged on for so long, lol.

'Can't remember lol' or 'oh no, I've finally realised I've yet to provide a single scrap of relevant thought to the debate'? For the sake of hopefully progressing beyond your shambles of a contribution so far, I'm hoping you meant the latter.

I can't remember because this has dragged on for so long, lol. But I likely commented Scottish independence was not real and was then asked why.

Lets leave it at that. I did try to get back on topic today with post #29779 which was my first post of the day but then Wings brought up a post from yesterday regarding the EU. Blame him. :)

Right, so, more Project Fear nonsense demolished, then. That was a great use of everyone's time.

Someone just mentioned this, but I feel the need to expand on this; no supporters that say Scotland will have no true independence as an EU member state are happy to be a region within the U.K and have no independence from Westminster.

My expansion?

*wee funny one eyed smiley*

Archived