Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It needs to be used against xbl as he is a crafty bugger. He shifts goalposts by speaking in very general language to misrepresent very specific contentions. Also did he not use it first against Supras or whatever? Apt to have it flung back at him.

Not me! I believe it was hb and/or supras in their misc football squabbles. I've used the line once or twice, but I prefer to use my own distinctive chat rather than hop on the tropes bandwagon. By Vectron.

Im a lyrical hipster elitist.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not me! I believe it was hb and/or supras in their misc football squabbles. I've used the line once or twice, but I prefer to use my own distinctive chat rather than hop on the tropes bandwagon. By Vectron.

Im a lyrical hipster elitist.

I thought you used it re recreational acts that Supras definitely didn't do? I don't frequent MFC, so I must have picked it up off your usage in the real forum. My insincere apologies if you have in fact been passing on this patter second hand.

I thought you used it re recreational acts that Supras definitely didn't do? I don't frequent MFC, so I must have picked it up off your usage in the real forum. My insincere apologies if you have in fact been passing on this patter second hand.

Thats about my only usage of the term. As I said, I tend not to use it, I have my own distinct rhetorical style.

It's definitely Supras' patter.

I dunno, I think it was originally, but I can recall many more instances of you and Ad Lib using it in recent months than I can Supras. What point does it stop being his patter and start becoming yours, when you use it more?

So the Scottish SS is set up fully under political control today. We have ridiculous anti freedom of speech laws and we are also going to be getting a state funded Muslim school now.

Awesome.

So the Scottish SS is set up fully under political control today. We have ridiculous anti freedom of speech laws and we are also going to be getting a state funded Muslim school now.

Awesome.

Muslim's pay tax too you know.

Awesome.

You want rid of Alex Salmond? You'll have to vote for independence.

On the localised points, I do agree that the UK government is very centralised, not just affecting Scotland though however, but the rest of the union as a whole. Idealistically I'd like to a lot more devolved powers given out to all counties within Great Britian but I won't be holding my breath, which is why I'm leaning ever further away from the NO vote.

On the localised points, I do agree that the UK government is very centralised, not just affecting Scotland though however, but the rest of the union as a whole. Idealistically I'd like to a lot more devolved powers given out to all counties within Great Britian but I won't be holding my breath, which is why I'm leaning ever further away from the NO vote.

There was a report out in Westminster last week that said that there should be no more Scottish devolution until England has had its own devolution sorted out...

http://newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-politics/7057-more-devolution-for-scotland-but-only-after-uk-wide-vote

Jam Tomorrow? Would you trust the Unionists?

I say lets continue this 50/50 union of ours. Maybe as a sweetener cameron will take half the nukes doon south? Maybe no.... Why stay where we are when 1. We are not wanted 2.We dont get 50% say in fckall . 3. This might be our only opportunity for f**k knows how long. .... Do we need england that much?

The Jam line is every bit as tiresome as the be specific line. Every bit as banal as guns and butter.

Incidentally, Ad Lib is right, it's not remotely legalistic to question anything with uses state as synonymous with nation. The nation state, with the very specific exception of Israel, is a dead concept, not least of all because of the EU, and the hegemonic structures he talks about. A support for independence has to be to do with deconstructing that hegemony, not by some Victorian concept of one nation conservatism, which is precisely what the idea of a nation state is.

You want rid of Alex Salmond? You'll have to vote for independence.

No I won't.

He is an old man by modern political standards. He has possibly got one more election in him if he can hack it after he loses his own referendum. Or if his party let him stay leader in the aftermath.

Archived