Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Jam line is every bit as tiresome as the be specific line. Every bit as banal as guns and butter. Incidentally, Ad Lib is right, it's not remotely legalistic to question anything with uses state as synonymous with nation. The nation state, with the very specific exception of Israel, is a dead concept, not least of all because of the EU, and the hegemonic structures he talks about. A support for independence has to be to do with deconstructing that hegemony, not by some Victorian concept of one nation conservatism, which is precisely what the idea of a nation state is.

What?

However, Jam Tomorrow is something that has a lot of precedent, so I see no issue with reminding people what happened last time.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jam line is every bit as tiresome as the be specific line. Every bit as banal as guns and butter. Incidentally, Ad Lib is right, it's not remotely legalistic to question anything with uses state as synonymous with nation. The nation state, with the very specific exception of Israel, is a dead concept, not least of all because of the EU, and the hegemonic structures he talks about. A support for independence has to be to do with deconstructing that hegemony, not by some Victorian concept of one nation conservatism, which is precisely what the idea of a nation state is.

:lol::lol::lol:

10/10 for effort

German elections coming up relatively soon,the German people won't like the look of a possible independent Scotland as they are sick of giving their hard earned away to seriously struggling European states.Scotland represents a another potential struggling European state.Scotland will just piss everybody off.Salmond and Co will lead Scotland towards the Euro which will be a pathetic joke.North south ,south north business on the islands will drop by a large percentage.The English will not want to know another silly republic using silly money.

Celtic and Rangers will not be welcomed in England from an independent Scotland,so the hundreds of thousands of OF 'fans' who fancy playing in England ought to consider this.

Scotland is stronger with England and Wales.

British culture is rich,Scotland is a more interesting place as Scotland and Britian,as are Wales and England.

The Rep of Ire has become another squad member European state,just another little nodding dog to Berlin.

Struggling,sold it's soul to the tourist trade oh and the place is frankly b o r i n g.

The Scottish people have too much to lose by following a bunch of bitter anti English republicans along the road to Berlin.

An independent Scotland will not be able to shake off 300 years of Union with England and Wales because you are British.

So,you're a little bit fed up ay.No reason to run away to Europe.

A large percentage of German people are sick to death of their hard earned going towards propping up useless European states.This is what Scotland will represent should they choose to become another unwelcome European state.

The number one state in Europe will not want you and you'll just piss everyone off.

'Scotland the irritable'!

A large percentage of German people are sick to death of their hard earned going towards propping up useless European states.This is what Scotland will represent should they choose to become another unwelcome European state.

The number one state in Europe will not want you and you'll just piss everyone off.

'Scotland the irritable'!

It is beginning to dawn on Germans that they are paying to prop up failed states. 8)

Missed this bit, got a link ?

Google something like 'German public opinion on Europe' and you'll see (as you know full well) that a large percentage of Germans are sick of their hard earned going to failing European states.

An independent Scotland represents another potential failing European state,which will mean the German people paying out to you lot who no doubt will be ungrateful

Scotland,potentially the IBS of the German led Europe.

Have you any quotes from Merkel, Westerwelle, Schaueble or any member of the German cabinet saying this at all? And be specific (boom tish).

You used to be such a nice poster deegas. Started off with couthy wee posts that it would be a shame if Scotland left, like something out the famous five. Now this.....

some random pish...a bit more pish etc etc

I dont get this argument, one minute "the Germans" like poor Euro nations so they can dominate and take over Europe...its always different when it comes to Scotland, :blink:

Google something like 'German public opinion on Europe' and you'll see (as you know full well) that a large percentage of Germans are sick of their hard earned going to failing European states.

An independent Scotland represents another potential failing European state,which will mean the German people paying out to you lot who no doubt will be ungrateful

Scotland,potentially the IBS of the German led Europe.

Yet again negativity.

You are second guessing a whole nation. My german friends have said "Scots should be independant" I will gauge german opinion from them instead of your assumptions. Please quote who in germany has said scotland is or will be a failed state.

Because you have made that up in your own head, I will not take anything you add to this debate as cedible.

Have you any quotes from Merkel, Westerwelle, Schaueble or any member of the German cabinet saying this at all? And be specific (boom tish).

You used to be such a nice poster deegas. Started off with couthy wee posts that it would be a shame if Scotland left, like something out the famous five. Now this.....

When in Rome pal,when in Rome.....

I dont get this argument, one minute "the Germans" like poor Euro nations so they can dominate and take over Europe...its always different when it comes to Scotland, :blink:

The expense to the German tax payer has caught up with em and therefore caught up with little Scotland republicans too.....

Yet again negativity.

You are second guessing a whole nation. My german friends have said "Scots should be independant" I will gauge german opinion from them instead of your assumptions. Please quote who in germany has said scotland is or will be a failed state.

Because you have made that up in your own head, I will not take anything you add to this debate as cedible.

Millions of Germans will see Scotland as another scrounging bunch to be paid for.

Check out the German public mood....

Archived