Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Labour MP on Scotland tonight defending Trident, Just like a good Tory,

EDIT, we should keep trident so the cleaners at the base won't lose their jobs.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The SNP have no answer in the popularity stakes to the Monarchy,do they.

If the YES campaign dropped the monarchy support, the pound and went more republican, they wouldn't hit 10% in the referendum. IMHO

Today's events have been a wonderful example of why I got my arse of the fence and declared myself in favour.

These insular numpties keep getting away with lying to the public, manipulating facts and serving their own political interests - and there is nothing holding them to account, even when there's public outcry they just ignore it and wait for it to blow over.

Give it a week and I bet it will be as if Osbourne had never made his ignorant comment and the story about Cameron (claiming we need trident to defend against a nation that are so far away we can't even nuke them with our better weaponry) will have been forgotten about by most.

I've had a couple of spats with that particular nutter on twitter. He's not a poster on here is he? :lol:

He was once upon a time. It was laugh a minute when his topics popped up. :lol:

That said, he is clearly a deeply troubled individual.

One day Johann Lamont is saying that the oil boom is all a dirty nat lie...the next day she says this:

http://www.newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-politics/7102-oil-industry-is-booming-except-when-discussing-scottish-independence

Does she take us for idiots???

Unionists have more faces than the town clock.

bc0c3fb88c776e936b24c26a74ff6a6b0805abb2 bc0c3fb88c776e936b24c26a74ff6a6b0805abb2 bc0c3fb88c776e936b24c26a74ff6a6b0805abb2 bc0c3fb88c776e936b24c26a74ff6a6b0805abb2 bc0c3fb88c776e936b24c26a74ff6a6b0805abb2

bc0c3fb88c776e936b24c26a74ff6a6b0805abb2

If the YES campaign dropped the monarchy support, the pound and went more republican, they wouldn't hit 10% in the referendum. IMHO

It's ironic that the SNPs best weapons towards independence appear to be quintessentially British.

Scotland is British.

300 years of Union cannot be swept under the carpet.

Firstly, I think you're confusing Yes Scotland for the SNP.

The highlighted parts are the same thing!

The 10% thing is utter bollocks. I doubt much of the 'core' Yes support is particulalry monarchist and would vote yes regardless. Politically, supporting keeping the monarchy is about not scaring away soft No voters and undecideds.

I seriously doubt many Yes voters would switch if the SNP announced they wouldn't keep the pound. AFAIK, they've stated it's essentially an intermediate step and the currency issue will be decided later. I seriously doubt an independent Scotland would still be using the pound 20 years after independence. Keeping the pound in the short term at least is an entirely sensible decision that doesn't really have any political 'ulterior motives' that I can see.

wouldn't be suprised if prince philip dropped dead a few weeks before the referendum

I wonder how people (and be assured there would be some) could justify changing their vote from yes to no in that event? It would imply they didn't like the Duke. I do because he says it as he sees it, right or wrong and he's given us a few laughs over the years.

At the risk of sounding dull, I dont think mocking female politicians based on their photos is very fair. They face enough sexism as it is, and without doubt in the case of Lamont, there is enough else to mock her for! I think making fun of her looking terrifying in artwork is one thing, but photos, not so much!

At the risk of sounding dull, I dont think mocking female politicians based on their photos is very fair. They face enough sexism as it is, and without doubt in the case of Lamont, there is enough else to mock her for! I think making fun of her looking terrifying in artwork is one thing, but photos, not so much!

Totally agree, she should be shown the exact same contempt as Cameron, Milliband & co..

lamont+as+david+cameron.jpg

I know where you're coming from, but I'm not slagging the way she looks. I'm just slagging the fact that she is a moaning, slavering cow.

Well the PM has come out and said he won't debate with the FM as it's a decision for Scots alone - despite numerous papers flying out of Westminster and him being up here yesterday campaigning for the union.

one simple reason- he'd lose.

whatever people think of Salmonmd, few if any UK politicians can touch him in debate. William Hague is probabaly a better orator, but in terms of rough n tumble knockabout Salmond is ahead of everyone else IMO:

That said Cameron's position is a joke...why was he up here in the first place if not to lend a hand to the pro-UNion campaign? Even he finally seems to have twigged that the more he and his ilk come up here, the more support for independence goes up.

I was having a wee blether with someone yesterday about this, Cameron either is secretely wanting Scotland to bugger off, or he genuinely is brain dead. I suspect the latter.

One thing about your post - if the PM of the 'United Kingdom' can't come up here and campaign, that tells you a hell of a lot about the actual union. He should be able to come up and take part in debates, he should be able to come up and campaign, but it is looking more and more likely that he can't.

A couple of questions for the unionists - even if we lose the referendum, why has the union allowed Scotland to get to this? And if we are such an economic basket case where no-one will trade with us, why has this been allowed to happen?

Archived