Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The reaction of the unionists to the fact that the Guess Scotland campaign has crashed an burned befoire take off is also one of unabashed glee.

It has been a complete point and laugh fest all the way so far.

I'm definitely voting SNP the next chance I get as this has been an absolutely fantastic two years so far, being able to poke stupid nat fucks with a stick 24/7 <_<

Hopefully we get another SNP Holyrood landslide so the laughter never ends.

So, you would happily vote in a government that you think is inefficient, lacking in intellect and unable to govern, just to wallow in others misery?

Explains why you voted Tory all those years at least.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say that Sally Magnusson has taken over from Jackie Bird as arch-Unionist BBC presenter. She is finding it difficult to contain her seethe at Scottish independence.

The rage in Sally's face is quite a picture at times....boot!

Nice looking bird though....

So, you would happily vote in a government that you think is inefficient, lacking in intellect and unable to govern, just to wallow in others misery?

Explains why you voted Tory all those years at least.

Its the unionist way. Nothing but negativity and fear.

I would say that Sally Magnusson has taken over from Jackie Bird as arch-Unionist BBC presenter. She is finding it difficult to contain her seethe at Scottish independence.

The rage in Sally's face is quite a picture at times....boot!

Sally on election night was comedy gold. In fact, the whole lot of them were seething that night. Impartial my arse. They were hurting big style.

I see the Commons Foreign Affairs Committee have come out with a report. An independent Scotland would leave the rest of the UK's international reputation 'damaged'. It goes on to complain that it would give an impression that the UK is in 'decline' within the EU and around the world- with a resulting loss of influence in the former.

*insert your own Scottish football needs a strong Rangers gag here*

Yep, after slapping us about last week, now its the turn of the "please, don't leave me, I need you" pleading. Next week will be back to the slapping about again.

The rUK standing abroad will suffer if Scotland goes independent.How much remains to be seen.The people on the streets of Europe will see it as will everywhere on earth.

Old 'Mary Doll' is a very destructive selfish and anti English creature,typical of the SNP.

300 years of Union and these b*****d want to stab England in the back.

I see the Commons Foreign Affairs Committee have come out with a report. An independent Scotland would leave the rest of the UK's international reputation 'damaged'. It goes on to complain that it would give an impression that the UK is in 'decline' within the EU and around the world- with a resulting loss of influence in the former.

*insert your own Scottish football needs a strong Rangers gag here*

A report on the report.

http://euobserver.com/political/120006

Sally on election night was comedy gold. In fact, the whole lot of them were seething that night. Impartial my arse. They were hurting big style.

Aye it was,...would love to see a re-run of that night like they do on the BBC parliament channel for previous election nights.

Some new pictures from our friends at bitter together

282236_465214940228819_2132623972_n.png

316339_464928833590763_1856795003_n.jpg

A supporter just emailed us this photo of the new aircraft carrier taking shape at Rosyth. Impressive engineering by the skilled workers in Fife. Thousands of shipyard jobs sustained through being part of the United Kingdom.

With a cracking comment from one of the supporters

Jason Kane Oooh, we've been so hard done by haven't we, with our free healthcare, free prescriptions, free university education, free elderly social care and more spent per head of population than anywhere else in the UK, you're just a subsidy junkie with an over inflated sense of self entitlement.

So if I was to go to Google, I wouldnt find him opposing letting under 18s vote?

Goalposts shifting from "stop" to "opposing" now. No matter. I look forward to seeing evidence whereby Michael Moore is "opposed to letting under 18s vote".

Read what he actually says. He was saying that the franchise should not be different in the referendum than Scottish Parliament elections. It is Lib Dem policy that the franchise should be lowered in Scottish Parliamentary elections to 16. The electoral law relating to that, of course, is a reserved matter, and as I've said before, there isn't a majority at Westminster, in the Commons, let alone the Lords, in favour of such reform.

I understand what he said. However, even although he qualified his opposition to the idea, the fact remains that he openly opposed extending the franchise.

Can we agree that Michael Moore was opposed to allowing 16 & 17 year olds to vote in the forthcoming Independence Referendum when he was interviewed on Sunday 19th February 2012?

A simple "Yes" or "No" will suffice.

So the craic seems to be that John Swinney is considering establishing a Scottish equivalent of the OBR. This is probably sensible, and is the sort of thing that I imagine the Lib Dems would support. And I'm right, here is Tavish Scott late last year:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/tavish-scott-why-obr-with-a-kilt-will-protect-taxpayers-1-2508263

Scotland needs an “OBR with a kilt”. Scotland needs to judge where best to spend taxpayers’ money. Take one example. Free personal care is not affordable in its current form say those who have studied the finances. Rubbish says the Scottish Government. Instead of rhetoric, decision-making by ministers and parliament should be based on fact. A Tartan OBR would provide fact unadorned by political spin and manipulation.

So in favour of it...now, will the anti-Scottish party support it, or oppose it for oppositions sake? For that we turn to Willie Rennie!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-22367198

The announcement brought criticism from Scottish Lib Dem leader Willie Rennie.

He said: "John Swinney doesn't like the answers he's been given on the economy, so he's cooking the books and looking to appoint his own chef. In his Budget speech in January, John Swinney was happy to cite the OBR when it suited him. As soon as the OBR provide inconvenient facts John Swinney resorts to trashing its reputation. The nationalist's obsession with independence is clouding their vision to the point where they'll only surround themselves with yes men. Setting up a ministry of half truths won't cover up the holes in the nationalists independence assertions on the economy."

Ho hum.

So the craic seems to be that John Swinney is considering establishing a Scottish equivalent of the OBR. This is probably sensible, and is the sort of thing that I imagine the Lib Dems would support. And I'm right, here is Tavish Scott late last year:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/tavish-scott-why-obr-with-a-kilt-will-protect-taxpayers-1-2508263

So in favour of it...now, will the anti-Scottish party support it, or oppose it for oppositions sake? For that we turn to Willie Rennie!

Ho hum.

we should just rename them The Swingers Party...it might get them some more traffic to there website if nothing else :rolleyes:

Some new pictures from our friends at bitter together

282236_465214940228819_2132623972_n.png

:lol:

316339_464928833590763_1856795003_n.jpg

A supporter just emailed us this photo of the new aircraft carrier taking shape at Rosyth. Impressive engineering by the skilled workers in Fife. Thousands of shipyard jobs sustained through being part of the United Kingdom.

Would they just vaporise into thin air if we got indy? :(

With a cracking comment from one of the supporters

Jason Kane Oooh, we've been so hard done by haven't we, with our free healthcare, free prescriptions, free university education, free elderly social care and more spent per head of population than anywhere else in the UK, you're just a subsidy junkie with an over inflated sense of self entitlement.

2 minutes ago · Like

:lol:

People who believe that old chestnut genuinely worry me.

Ho hum.

They're bang to rights on this. Tavish was appalling earlier today on Politics Scotland. The Tories are actually warmly welcoming this development. The Scottish Lib Dems aren't anti-Scottish, but they're certainly violently, pathologically and unnecessarily anti-SNP.

I understand what he said. However, even although he qualified his opposition to the idea, the fact remains that he openly opposed extending the franchise.

Can we agree that Michael Moore was opposed to allowing 16 & 17 year olds to vote in the forthcoming Independence Referendum when he was interviewed on Sunday 19th February 2012?

A simple "Yes" or "No" will suffice.

No, he was not. He was against the suggestion that the franchise should be varied from the general franchise rules. An issue they've since relented upon.

Archived