Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd call it a wind up, but it does seem to fit with existing Lib Dem and anti-Scottish policy, so it seems to match reality.Gotta love those Federalist Scottish Lib Dems, looking to decentralise everything except where people live.

Fixing prices across a whole country is centralisation.

As a group in society, I hate the old. They're the real scroungers that have caused the decrease in the standard of living and life prospects of the current generation. I would abolish the state pension for those capable of working. No one has a right not to work at someone else's expense unless they specifically cannot by way of illness or disability.

I re-iterate that you don't need a computer. A fax machine will do. Failing that, they can send that incredibly rare letter by a courier, or by hand, or pay a fee to a private company who offers that service at its real market rate.

This isn't about accommodating these people's life choices to shun electronic communication. It's about telling them no one else is going to pay for their eccentric and antiquated drag on wider society.

Attacking the elderly. What a fucking cretin you really are.

As an English guy who's lived in Scotland for 15 out of 20 years do you think i should get a vote?

I don't think i will vote but i don't think Scotland should be independent. Salmond is also a plank.

If you are going to be living in Scotland come the referendum, then absolutely you should vote. Why don't you think Scotland should be independent?

Fixing prices across a whole country is centralisation.

You want to depopulate the country and centralise the population!

If you are going to be living in Scotland come the referendum, then absolutely you should vote. Why don't you think Scotland should be independent?

I just feel that it's up to the Scottish people to decide.

Of course Scotland should be if they want, bad choice of words on my part. Can't say i'm too clued up in all sides of the debate but i don't like the idea of letting 16/17 year olds vote on it, i think it sums up how desperate the bid is. Maybe one day Scotland can be independent but currently i think it's probably better staying with the UK.

Was speaking to an accountant who's a lot more clued up than me about business and he thinks it would be a disaster.

Attacking the elderly. What a fucking cretin you really are.

The current system attacks everyone else to give old people a cushy lifestyle just because they're old. Nothing to do with their need. Just that they're old. That's incredibly a bit shit.

Nope. Rich people living it large in their multi-acre hamlets aren't going to move to the city just because they can't get city-folk to subsidise their letters of complaint to Points of View.

I just feel that it's up to the Scottish people to decide.

Of course Scotland should be if they want, bad choice of words on my part. Can't say i'm too clued up in all sides of the debate but i don't like the idea of letting 16/17 year olds vote on it, i think it sums up how desperate the bid is. Maybe one day Scotland can be independent but currently i think it's probably better staying with the UK.

Was speaking to an accountant who's a lot more clued up than me about business and he thinks it would be a disaster.

He is quite clearly wrong then. It wouldn't be a disaster. At the very, very, very, very worst, it would be no better than what we have now. Plus, 16/17 year olds have been consistently shown to be fairly Unionist inclined (albeit fairly undecided), so I don't see a problem here.

I honestly can't think of a single reason to stay in the UK apart from Fear. When even the Unionists say that of course Scotland could make it on its own, then surely you have concede that there is no financial reason why not?

I think everyone who lives in Scotland should have a say on the future of Scotland, so I see no reason why you shouldn't vote if you live here. Of course, if you have problems yourself with that, then its your choice over whether to vote or not!

The current system attacks everyone else to give old people a cushy lifestyle just because they're old. Nothing to do with their need. Just that they're old. That's incredibly a bit shit.

You clearly don't know some of the old people I do. Choosing between heating and eating is hardly cushy.

Nope. Rich people living it large in their multi-acre hamlets aren't going to move to the city just because they can't get city-folk to subsidise their letters of complaint to Points of View.

Do you think the country is inhabited exclusively by rich people in multi-acre hamlets? Are you SURE you aren't really a Unionist? This is all very much Unionist type talk.

He is quite clearly wrong then. It wouldn't be a disaster. At the very, very, very, very worst, it would be no better than what we have now. Plus, 16/17 year olds have been consistently shown to be fairly Unionist inclined (albeit fairly undecided), so I don't see a problem here.

I honestly can't think of a single reason to stay in the UK apart from Fear. When even the Unionists say that of course Scotland could make it on its own, then surely you have concede that there is no financial reason why not?

I think everyone who lives in Scotland should have a say on the future of Scotland, so I see no reason why you shouldn't vote if you live here. Of course, if you have problems yourself with that, then its your choice over whether to vote or not!

I really hate it when I agree, word for word, with one of your posts. I'd add, however, that it would be scandalous for 16/17 year olds NOT to have the vote, and I'd even argue for a form of competency testing for those younger than that, if only to make up for selfish octogenarians like my old man who will vote no without having to pay the price.

Do you think the country is inhabited exclusively by rich people in multi-acre hamlets? Are you SURE you aren't really a Unionist? This is all very much Unionist type talk.

How is this remotely "Unionist" talk?

The countryside is populated by the rich and those who despite not being rich have chosen to live there. The state should not be responsible for the negative consequences of your very carefully taken bad choices.

I really hate it when I agree, word for word, with one of your posts. I'd add, however, that it would be scandalous for 16/17 year olds NOT to have the vote, and I'd even argue for a form of competency testing for those younger than that, if only to make up for selfish octogenarians like my old man who will vote no without having to pay the price.

Tell me, your old man's football team? Is it by any chance a certain Paisley team? :D

The right to vote should be subject to no age restrictions and lots of intelligence restrictions.

How is this remotely "Unionist" talk?

The countryside is populated by the rich and those who despite not being rich have chosen to live there. The state should not be responsible for the negative consequences of your very carefully taken bad choices.

Have you ever been to the fucking countryside? And you're right, maybe its a bit harsh to call it Unionist talk, my bad. Its Tory talk.

Greenock Morton as it happens. We're a tad dysfunctional.

:(

The right to vote should be subject to no age restrictions and lots of intelligence restrictions.

Not going to happen. Ever. Not possible to happen. For a start, how would you even measure "intelligence"? 16 is a perfectly reasonable cut off though.

Archived