Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You will never get "unbiased views" on Scottish Independence from any supporters of London Rule, that is guaranteed. :)

There's no such thing as an unbiased view. Unbiased coverage, yes, but not unbiased views. It's like saying uncommitted opinion.

Truth is, most people have made up their minds what they think on the matter, and choose their media coverage accordingly.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no such thing as an unbiased view. Unbiased coverage, yes, but not unbiased views. It's like saying uncommitted opinion.

Truth is, most people have made up their minds what they think on the matter, and choose their media coverage accordingly.

Tryfield wants "the truth", where would you suggest he goes?

Tryfield wants "the truth", where would you suggest he goes?

Truth should always have an s. If Tryfield's a committed no, then he's going to find his truth in the editorials of the no papers and the respective op-eds. Others will find their truth in Wings over Scotland, and others still in the Joan Burnie column.

When ever I see link with Scotsman, NewsNat(or whatever its called), WingsoverScotland or such like, I simply scroll down by it.

I want unbiased views. I want the truth. I want figures. I want facts. Sentiments don't do it for me or the other voters in my household I'm afraid.

And just who do you trust to give you the truth?

Truth should always have an s. If Tryfield's a committed no, then he's going to find his truth in the editorials of the no papers and the respective op-eds. Others will find their truth in Wings over Scotland, and others still in the Joan Burnie column.

While I agree with you fully here, I just wondered what your advice is for this man:

I want unbiased views. I want the truth. I want figures. I want facts. Sentiments don't do it for me or the other voters in my household I'm afraid.

My advice is generally just to remind him that we are already in the EU and that he is an idiot. Perhaps you can do better!

That's two you've managed so far.

That's been a frenzied days activity with your crayons then?

Yes I've been colouring in a banner with the word YES and I'm going to hang it round your shed.

Might be best for you (since you don't agree) to provide evidence that the vast majority of polls suggest NO will poll over 60%.

Yes I've been colouring in a banner with the word YES and I'm going to hang it round your shed.

Might be best for you (since you don't agree) to provide evidence that the vast majority of polls suggest NO will poll over 60%.

You should do that. It would be funny for two reasons. 1. I don't own a shed. But I suppose you could attempt to hang it round "outbuildings"

2. I'll set the dogs on you if you come anywhere near my land.

edit.. 3. You'll spell Yes wrong.

You should do that. It would be funny for two reasons. 1. I don't own a shed. But I suppose you could attempt to hang it round "outbuildings"

Excellent humour. Thanks for this.

I didn't know Dundee had a Green Brigade

And I was a liar for not knowing something that she hadn't actually come out and said before? I appreciate that you're trying to make some sort of point here, but I think you failed on multiple levels.

It was a terribly kept secret that Lesley Riddoch was very sympathetic to independence and in all likelihood supported it, even as far back as her appearance at GU Indyref when she was one of the polling day event headline acts. I just enjoy seeing you proved wrong about stuff, no matter what the actual consequences. I'm a b*****d like that.

It was a terribly kept secret that Lesley Riddoch was very sympathetic to independence and in all likelihood supported it, even as far back as her appearance at GU Indyref when she was one of the polling day event headline acts. I just enjoy seeing you proved wrong about stuff, no matter what the actual consequences. I'm a b*****d like that.

And wrong I was, nice to have someone in the media out themselves. Hope she gets to keep her job...

And wrong I was, nice to have someone in the media out themselves. Hope she gets to keep her job...

If Riddoch does disappear from public view and into the proverbial Siberian salt mine, at least she can form an escape committee with Isobel Fraser!

Seriously, if she starts dropping gigs after this and is blackballed then f**k me. Couldn't possibly happen?

If Riddoch does disappear from public view and into the proverbial Siberian salt mine, at least she can form an escape committee with Isobel Fraser!

Ah yes, poor Isobel Fraser. Asked too many questions of the Unionists. Didnt Know Her Place. Got moved...

You will never get "unbiased views" on Scottish Independence from any supporters of London Rule, that is guaranteed. :)

'London rule' doesn't really exist though, does it? A Londoner gets as much say as you, me, someone in Carlisle, someone in Kelso or someone in Colwyn Bay. London isn't ruling anyone. It just happens to be where the UK parliament is based.

And you chose to respond to my post's and not HB's declaration that the SNP could have held their own referendum without any problems?

Archived