Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok present time, lets see who the people of the South of Scotland choose to represent them in matters that directly affect them such as education, agriculture, health, law and order.

One LD, two Lab, four SNP. Thats right Glasgow ruling over them, no wait your wrong.

I didn't say the whole South of Scotland. Another one failing to grasp a simple point.

With the Scots Borders having one LD MP and one CON MP at Westminster does that not mean they rule over Glasgow?

No, because I don't subscribe to that logic. I don't believe London rules over anyone. I don't believe Glasgow rules over anyone. I was using those examples to prove a point. We all sit in similar sized constituencies with a single vote. A person with their vote in Dundee doesnt have any less or more of an influence on the make up of the UK parliament than a person with their vote in Chelsea. You, as a separatist could argue for separation with a different argument, but to say you're hard done by compared to other parts of the UK, no.

That's one of the reasons they are toiling so badly and will lose.

It's actually quite interesting - i.e. the complete lack of traction the Yes campaign has. I must admit I'm a little surprise. I thought they would be doing a lot better - not winning obviously, as they can't win, but I thought they would have dragged in a lot of the schemie vote by now.

We all know that Yes isn't the thinking man's option. Perhaps their problem is that they aren't concentrating enough on the knuckle dragging simpleton vote, which would be a rich seam for them to mine.

No, because I don't subscribe to that logic. I don't believe London rules over anyone. I don't believe Glasgow rules over anyone. I was using those examples to prove a point. We all sit in similar sized constituencies with a single vote. A person with their vote in Dundee doesnt have any less or more of an influence on the make up of the UK parliament than a person with their vote in Chelsea. You, as a separatist could argue for separation with a different argument, but to say you're hard done by compared to other parts of the UK, no.

I believe Scotland can and will be better by self determination. This will stop the blame game.

I believe Scotland can and will be better by self determination. This will stop the blame game.

I don't think you understand what self-determination means.

It won't. Different parts of Scotland will then have different priorities. The blame game will continue on a smaller scale. For example people in the Highlands will feel hard done by, or people in the Borders, or people in Fife. Nothing will change. People blaming London now will just blame Edinburgh.

It won't. Different parts of Scotland will then have different priorities. The blame game will continue on a smaller scale. For example people in the Highlands will feel hard done by, or people in the Borders, or people in Fife. Nothing will change. People blaming London now will just blame Edinburgh.

I'm not sure why anyone still advances this pisspoor argument to be honest. What do fishermen in Arbroath have in common with Stirling IT people? Nothing whatsoever.

It will just move things down a level. People in the rural hinterlands will complain about spending in Glasgow and Edinburgh. It has ever been thus.

If you compare salaries between Edinburgh and Dumfries for example, for the same job families, there are massive differences. Also if we are going down the "having a highly valued house makes you a millionaire" route, let's compare the average house price in Edinburgh or Stirling with Wick and Airdrie.

Difference is we are talking about different nations your talking about regions.

I'm not sure why anyone still advances this pisspoor argument to be honest. What do fishermen in Arbroath have in common with Stirling IT people? Nothing whatsoever.

It will just move things down a level. People in the rural hinterlands will complain about spending in Glasgow and Edinburgh. It has ever been thus.

If you compare salaries between Edinburgh and Dumfries for example, for the same job families, there are massive differences. Also if we are going down the "having a highly valued house makes you a millionaire" route, let's compare the average house price in Edinburgh or Stirling with Wick and Airdrie.

That was Riddochs best efforts of the night. She had come prepared with some worthless stat about London millionaires.

Yes Lesley..

Difference is we are talking about different nations your talking about regions.

No, we are talking about regions within nations.

There will always always always be differences in wealth throughout countries. It's entirely inevitable, and entirely unavoidable.

That was Riddochs best efforts of the night. She had come prepared with some worthless stat about London millionaires.

Yes Lesley..

Oh dear..

Can someone tell me who Angus Robertson is incidentally? I believe he was on the panel the other night, but I genuinely don't know who he is.

Oh dear..

Can someone tell me who Angus Robertson is incidentally? I believe he was on the panel the other night, but I genuinely don't know who he is.

Billy Reids fat brother.

He came across as a complete w****r.

I've just googled him and he reminds me of someone, but I can't think who it is.

He dresses like he's auditioning for Mr Erriot's assistant in All Creatures Great and Small.

I've just googled him and he reminds me of someone, but I can't think who it is.

He dresses like he's auditioning for Mr Erriot's assistant in All Creatures Great and Small.

Apparently he is the leader of the SNP group at Westminster. He is essentially the SNP version of Farage at the European Parliament (has to be there, but he really really hates it) apart from the fact that nobody knows a thing about Angus.

Maybe he will is the SNPs leader in waiting when Fat Alex has to resign after his catastrophic referendum defeat and his political opponents gales of laughter at his expanse.

edit: expense.

<_<

No, we are talking about regions within nations.

There will always always always be differences in wealth throughout countries. It's entirely inevitable, and entirely unavoidable.

Agreed there will be but not in the context of this thead Independence for Scotland.

Archived