Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Agreed there will be but not in the context of this thead Independence for Scotland.

Yes. We were also dealing with the vast differences in wealth throughout Scotland too.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In what way? Do you mean economically or resources or purely personal wealth.

In the way that , just as the Scottish nationalists point out (stupidly) that London seems to be unfairly wealthy in comparison to, say Aviemore. Edinburgh is unfairly wealthy in comparison to somewhere like Clydebank.

Its really unfair that the likes of the national gallery is sited in Edinburgh and not Coatbridge. Its massively unfair that the national library is sited in Edinburgh and not Portree. Its massively unfair that everything is centralised towards Scotlands capital city, including the Parliament in that flat pack IKEA style plywood building.

Its just so unfair.

In what way? Do you mean economically or resources or purely personal wealth.

Both.

What do you think the average house price in Edinburgh or Stirling is? Now compare that to Airdrie.

Edinburgh is one of the most expensive places to live in the entire UK.

Do the same with salaries. Do you think accountants in Edinburgh earn the same average wage as accountants in Dumfries?

Do we know how many "dollar millionaires" there are in Edinburgh incidentally?

My girlfriend's folks are two of them, given that their house is worth an obscene amount of money.

In the future though, the Scottish economy and policy decisions will of course not be at all centrred on Edinburgh and the financial district.

It will include thistle farming and haggis catching.

Do we know how many "dollar millionaires" there are in Edinburgh incidentally?

My girlfriend's folks are two of them, given that their house is worth an obscene amount of money.

I'm sure Lesley Riddoch will have those figures to hand..

Both.

What do you think the average house price in Edinburgh or Stirling is? Now compare that to Airdrie.

Edinburgh is one of the most expensive places to live in the entire UK.

Do the same with salaries. Do you think accountants in Edinburgh earn the same average wage as accountants in Dumfries?

House prices in relation to location will always be affected by supply and demand. More people want to live in Edinburgh than Airdrie.

Basically they are paid the same but as accountants will have different salary scales within companies they will be differencies relating to status, performance and the size of the employer. If they are self employed it will be down to client base.

House prices in relation to location will always be affected by supply and demand. More people want to live in Edinburgh than Airdrie.

Basically they are paid the same but as accountants will have different salary scales within companies they will be differencies relating to status, performance and the size of the employer. If they are self employed it will be down to client base.

So they're not paid the same, then?

Basically they are paid the same

Really?

"Basically" accountants in Edinburgh and Dumfries are paid the same? Do you want to ask Skyline Drifter about that?

In the future though, the Scottish economy and policy decisions will of course not be at all centrred on Edinburgh and the financial district.

It will include thistle farming and haggis catching.

I thought Aberdeen was doing well, Inverness has a population spurt on. Not alot of either thistle farming and haggis catching going on there.

You said in an independant Scotland all economic benefits will be geared towards Edinburgh's financial sector. Now your agreeing it won't.

Not all the UK's economy is geared towards London either. Far from it. Otherwise financial centres like Edinburgh wouldn't exist.

Not all the UK's economy is geared towards London either. Far from it. Otherwise financial centres like Edinburgh wouldn't exist.

I think You'll find it is, especially under this government. Their entire "Recovery" plan is geared up to help the south-east, to the determent of nearly everywhere else in Britain, including the north of England, Its too late for them, not for us though.

Vote YES 2014 :)

What? :unsure:

I think You'll find it is, especially under this government.

Really? So the oil industry in Aberdeen and the financial sector in Edinburgh exist... on what?

Got my Better Together invite to go to some event at a hotel here in town and then on to do leafletting and pointing and laughing at tartan clad nationalist fannies.

I'm not going. It's a complete waste of time as the nats will be routed regardless. <_<

Archived