Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The scary thing is that he really does represent the norm for the level of debate on this issue down south.

The 'unscarey' thing is you do not represent the majority view in Scotland.

the Scottish people will trust their gut instinct that will lead them away from the chancer that is Salmond.

Better Together.

will you want dual passports,rUK and Scottish?

Who will get them?

Will Scots living in England lose their Scottishness,will they be allowed a Scottish passport? - Probably the same way that it operates at the moment for UK Passports? If you're eligible, and you want one, you get one?

There may be a passport control border. - There's barely a border control across the whole of Europe, why will there be one at Gretna?

Independence is a non starter for those who value their British identity. - Refuting nationalism on the basis of nationalism.

I think many English will stop buying 'Scottish' if you do the dirty on the UK and creep out the back door cause things are a little bit tough.

You can't blame em.Buy rUK. - :lol: Aye, okay then.

These are some of the worst 'silver bullets' I've heard so far. Along with 'Who is going to pay for embassies?'.

Why do you think he is an alias? He isn't saying anything that the other unionists don't say.

I've posted who I am and as you and renton point out xbl,my views are pretty average Unionist.

I'm English,i have no vote.

I have my say in the debate as a 'Brit',in the hope that the Union survives as it is post Sept 2014.

That's it.

HB and others ought to accept this truth,they're beginning to sound like creepy Scientologists!

These are some of the worst 'silver bullets' I've heard so far. Along with 'Who is going to pay for embassies?'.

Get Salmond out of his bunker to debate this stuff then!

No good moaning about Unionist comment when the grand SNP nationalist leader is too scared to even face Funny Eyebrows in debate!

He owes it to Scotland and all peoples of our islands!

Come on Rab C,let's be aving ya!

Get Salmond out of his bunker to debate this stuff then!

No good moaning about Unionist comment when the grand SNP nationalist leader is too scared to even face Funny Eyebrows in debate!

He owes it to Scotland and all peoples of our islands!

Come on Rab C,let's be aving ya!

Correct, Salmond is the leader of the Nationalist Party, not Yes Scotland.

Also, why would he debate the ramblings of the simple?

Why do you think he is an alias? He isn't saying anything that the other unionists don't say.

I don't think he is an alias. I know he is an alias.

You don't even understand what a country is though, despite it having been explained to you many times. Why should we afford your credibility on this?

You keep posting this. His explanation is far clearer and more accurate than yours. Scotland is a country, the United Kingdom is a country.

Correct, Salmond is the leader of the Nationalist Party, not Yes Scotland.

Also, why would he debate the ramblings of the simple?

That is the usual habit on here amongst the Nationalists is to ridicule the Scottish people,the "simple" as they see it rather than have the decency to try and explain their point of view.

That kind of arrogance is stupid,very unwise.

Salmond has a duty to have open and honest debate with all.

He threatens to end Scots British (within UK) identity and then has the stuck up arrogance not to explain why!

The mans a trouble make and in my opinion he will not be able to break the 300 year Union.

He'll be defeated and the question of Scotland leaving the Union will slowly die out.

Salmond will retire a very rich man and that will be that.

You don't even understand what a country is though, despite it having been explained to you many times. Why should we afford your credibility on this?

Well, this is good. I figured you would disappear for a couple of days, after your evisceration on this subject, but it's excellent to see you back.

So, where were we? Ah, yes. You have explicitly stated that the UK is not a country.

What brought you to this conclusion? What is "a country"? What are the properties an entity must possess to be "a country"?

How do you know?

I struggle to see a difference between your posts, his posts, and Reynard's contribution.

FOr example, observe hb's "not in the EU" black hole. A bit like Reynard's pension nonsense, he hasn't provided any real proof he is right, but has just repeated shrill variations of "I was right" in the hope that people eventually believe it.

I say otherwise.

Scotland is a country, the United Kingdom is a state made up of 4 constituent countries.

A ha... this is progress..

So, is the United States a country?

What is the difference between a "state" and a "country"?

The United States is a country. "State" has a different meaning in that context.

This is fascinating stuff... does it really? What meaning does "state" have in that context?

And no, the EU is not a country. The UK is though.

Federal, non sovereign.

You believe that the EU is a country.

"Sovereign" - another interesting word. What does "sovereign" mean in this context?

And... no, I do not believe that the EU is a country.

This really hasn't gone at all well for you...

Let's be frank here - you were hoping for a standard Nat seal clap for your "Urr, the UK isnae even a countree" spiel and it hasn't worked out that way. I can feel your disappointment.

So, back to the topic at hand. What is it about Belgium that makes it a country, whereas for example, the UK is not?

What's the point of the is Scotland a country,is the UK a country discussion?

Passports?

I would of thought the fact that many Scots are "British" regarding identity is the point.

British being the usual terminology.

For the record I see all the four home nations as countries,but for the common good united into one Kingdom.

The United Kingdom.

The UK is also a country,being a "Brit" as in UK person is a reality.

We live on a small island,we should be United.

This really hasn't gone at all well for you...

I don't know about that. Lets not forget that this is just long running deflection from your claim that Scotland is not in the EU. Incidentally, Im in Germany now, went through the EU passport control, despite not being in the EU!

Archived