Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The foetus isn't a human being. Life doesn't begin at conception and if conception contains life then so does ejaculation. The logic of your claims is that a w**k is reckless abandonment.

You are bigoted and sexist. You want to restrict the choices of women to control what is allowed to be in their body. If every single woman you knew was against abortion it wouldn't matter a flying f**k. It's still their choice, not yours. And the fact you think a white man's morality should be imposed on the autonomy of every woman on the planet is what is objected to here. No one *likes* abortion. But often it is necessary and in the best interests of the mother, where the physical, mental or social effects of being forced to bring the foetus to full term are detrimental to her sense of being and self-worth.

Why are abortions on social grounds not acceptable choices for autonomous human beings to make? I don't like the consumption of marijuana by other people for social reasons. I don't think other people should be prevented from making that choice. I think people who like tuna are degenerates. I don't want to ban them from eating tuna.

This isn't true. If all voters were women, reproductive rights would have advanced much more quickly. If all voters were men, we'd be lucky to have even a quarter of the maternity leave we currently have and it would probably still be legal to sack someone for becoming pregnant.

No one is pro-abortion. Rape is raised because it is the most obviously justifiable reason that is not necessarily strictly a question of absolute medical necessity. It discredits the notion that magically waving things round like "abortion on demand" or "social reasons" is really just hand-wringing nonsense.

As I stated in the post above yours, "pro-abortion" was a poor choice of words on my part, I meant pro-choice, but that was a bad error on my part.

Again though, while I accept the argument that rape is the most obvious justifiable reason, and I certainly don't want to make light of it, in discussions like this there are rarely any statistics put forward. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'd just be interested to know, since it would be curious to use it as an argument if, for example, there were no abortions related to rape. Again, I am not stating this as a fact, just a hypothetical.

If there were to be a review of law to allow only medical-related abortion, I'd imagine it could cover rape too.

And on a lighter note, are you aware your first response in this quote is straight out of Legally Blonde? :lol:

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And on a lighter note, are you aware your first response in this quote is straight out of Legally Blonde? :lol:

Of course. And I'm sure several people have committed reckless abandonment watching that movie too.

Some people are.

Marie Stopes certainly was. Mind you she was massively into all the different branches of eugenics, which was hugely popular with the left until Adolf fucked it up by doing it a bit too big time.

Marie Stopes certainly was. Mind you she was massively into all the different branches of eugenics, which was hugely popular with the left until Adolf fucked it up by doing it a bit too big time.

So, those pension figures? Were the 2010 figures the ones you used?

So.....how is this related to the independence debate?

In fairness, nothing at all. But I know that thewolf has voiced the opinion in the past that hopefully an independent Scotland will outlaw abortion, and I profoundly disagree with his view that his personal morality should be forced on everyone. It all smacks of the patriarchy.

Wrong choice of words, my fault.

I'm sure you can accept that I meant pro-choice, rather than pro-abortion.

Oh absolutely, but given that people who personally don't support abortion but don't believe that their views should control the lives of others are tagged as baby killers, I just thought the distinction should be made clear! Its a sensitive subject after all.

Time for some fear!

Independent Scotland would face budget black hole as oil revenues plunge

Arrggh! Added to our roaming charges, phone bills, lack of a mail service, I'm scared! I assume the source of this is a credible forecast, and not one with a history of politically motivated lies? Over to Better Together Head Honcho, Alistair Darling:

Mr Darling, shadow chancellor, said the credibility of the OBR was at stake and accused Mr Osborne of politicising Sir Alan’s office. “It’s clear from the revised figures that the public sector job losses will be 175,000 greater than the prime minister claimed last week,” he said.

”Right from the start the Tories used the OBR not just as part of the government but as part of the Conservative Party. They have succeeded in strangling what could have been a good idea at its birth.”

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/86410598-8b47-11df-a4b4-00144feab49a.html#ixzz2ZL8kBJaN

Amusing though Darling's hypocrisy is, the OBR has actually been one of the biggest thorns in the side of Osborne, particularly in respect of claims made about projected growth figures.

Amusing though Darling's hypocrisy is, the OBR has actually been one of the biggest thorns in the side of Osborne, particularly in respect of claims made about projected growth figures.

I find the most amusing thing about the OBR to be their projected oil prices!

Queen Elizabeth told a little girl in Cumbria today that she 'didn't mind if Kate had a girl or boy,but she would like it to arrive'

That's a nice story and when the new Royal arrives it will lift the spirit of the Union.

God save the Queen.

Almost as fantastic as your predicition of a jocktastic win in the referendum that the SNP and their fat b*****d leader have already fucked up big style by losing the trust of the Scottish people thanks to their incessant lying.

Of course you do. You're a slavish Nat :P

With the news of the US oil boom and them being forecast to overtake the Saudis in production we're left with a pretty mixed message about the long-term future of oil prices. Cautious estimates are probably the best to work for in terms of economic planning, but as the article itself acknowledges, oil is a declining share of the economy anyway; if it does go tits up we'll get by, in or out the union.

Almost as fantastic as your predicition of a jocktastic win in the referendum that the SNP and their fat b*****d leader have already fucked up big style by losing the trust of the Scottish people thanks to their incessant lying.

Are you ready yet to confirm that you used the 2010 figures as your source? They've been linked up several times. Its a nice and simple yes or no question.

Of course you do. You're a slavish Nat :P

With the news of the US oil boom and them being forecast to overtake the Saudis in production we're left with a pretty mixed message about the long-term future of oil prices. Cautious estimates are probably the best to work for in terms of economic planning, but as the article itself acknowledges, oil is a declining share of the economy anyway; if it does go tits up we'll get by, in or out the union.

Indeed. There is an image floating about of projected oil prices, and essentially, 6 different sources (including the oil industry and the US) have global oil prices projected to rise, whereas the OBR are the only ones predicting doom and falling prices.

We have the British government telling people down south that we are in a new boom for the oil industry, whereas when they come to Scotland, apparently its a failing industry.

Hear hear!

"Fat b*****d leader",almost Birthday Party-esque

Im sure there will be a good crowd for u fella

36 in total, not a bad wee turn out all things considered. The guy giving the training came up from Peebles and he was bloody good, much better than a lot of professional folk I've seen. I've got everyone's email address and I reckon we are ready to fully rock and roll!

2 drunks randomly shouting abuse from the bar as well :)

Archived