Windsor Park

HibeeJibee

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're the one who raised genetics champ. I'm referring to the undisputed fact that these communities harboured sectarian hatred and fully fledged terrorist groups within their communities. the evidence for this is categorical.

We can either continue to absolve them of any responsibility, or treat them like the collaborators that they are.

current affairs isn't really your strong point is it,? :lol:

Just an idea but couldn't the money being invested in these projects be part of a bigger plan of redevelopment of the area. If this $128m (don't have a pound sign on my keyboard!) is spent on stadiums then money will trickle down to various companies and this will continue - slightly technical term but the theory is called the Keynesian Multiplier. It may be a vanity project but it is real money being invested into real companies who pay the wages of real employees. After 5 years of reading P&B I finally post and it is based on Economics...

...because the only reason why Norn Ireland gets subsidised by the UK taxpayer is due to your scumbag penchant for murdering each other: do keep up.

Your attempt at the moral high ground failed before and it's not going to achieve anything now.

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/greenock/articles/2012/07/11/431848-6-murders-and-32-attempted-murders-in-the-past-2-years/

True: if we could identify an element of Norn Irish society that hasn't directly colluded in the promotion of sectarian hatred and the survival of sectarian terrorist organisations. That might be a bit of a struggle though.

Not really. Ever heard of the Alliance Party? How about the guy who wrote this song?

Or this one?

Or the guy who put together this website?

http://www.portadownnews.com/06Jul01.htm

The problem is you clearly don't know anything about the reality of Northern Ireland beyond the very crude stereotypes that you are peddling.

Posted this morning

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-21598200

Not really "crude stereotypes" How often do you see stories of trouble and violence withing Northern Ireland, keeping in mind it has a tiny population. and yet nobody can tell me what NI brings to a 21st century UK.

I watched the Ross Kemp programme on Glasgow, is all of Scotland like this?

You're the one who raised genetics champ. I'm referring to the undisputed fact that these communities harboured sectarian hatred and fully fledged terrorist groups within their communities. the evidence for this is categorical.

We can either continue to absolve them of any responsibility, or treat them like the collaborators that they are

There is also categorical evidence that terrorist groups have been harboured within muslim communities in England, given this to be a reason of your obvious hatred towards Northern Ireland then I take it you feel the same way about muslim communities?all in it together blah blah....

I watched the Ross Kemp programme on Glasgow, is all of Scotland like this?

Comparing a Ross Kemp TV programme to 40+ years of terrorism and 300 years of sectarian hate: I've seen it all now.

There is also categorical evidence that terrorist groups have been harboured within muslim communities in England, given this to be a reason of your obvious hatred towards Northern Ireland then I take it you feel the same way about muslim communities?all in it together blah blah....

Feel free to define that 'Muslim communities in England' line, champ. How many terrorists originated from the Islamic community in Plymouth, Newcastle etc?

The fact of the matter is that terrorism and sectarianism are institutional problems within Norn Ireland, underlined by the fact that a rump statelet has produced far, far more paramilitaries and glorified murderers than Islamic fundamentalism could dream of across the entire UK.

Still, I guess this counts as the first 'league table' you stand a good chance of topping.

The fact of the matter is that terrorism and sectarianism are institutional problems within Norn Ireland, underlined by the fact that a rump statelet has produced far, far more paramilitaries and glorified murderers than Islamic fundamentalism could dream of across the entire UK.

I could understand somebody from somewhere like Ullapool or Banchory that genuinely is completely distanced from what happens in NI droning on and on like this, but Greenock?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3342965.stm

I could understand somebody from somewhere like Ullapool or Banchory that genuinely is completely distanced from what happens in NI droning on and on like this, but Greenock?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3342965.stm

Last I checked there wasn't a terrorist cell operating from Greenock, but it appears you'll do anything to scramble for relevance in this thread.

You really want to compare the value of Scotland within the Union (and Europe) compared to Northern Ireland? :huh:

no and haven't done within this whole thread, my point is that the sweeping judgement that all people in Northern Ireland are bigots and terrorists is as wrong as saying that all people in Scotland are junkies and dole scroungers, good and bad everywhere and all that, oh and by the way I am Scottish not Irish. You can bring up stats and so on but that doesn't mean the whole place is like it as i was trying to prove.

no and haven't done within this whole thread, my point is that the sweeping judgement that all people in Northern Ireland are bigots and terrorists is as wrong as saying that all people in Scotland are junkies and dole scroungers, good and bad everywhere and all that, oh and by the way I am Scottish not Irish. You can bring up stats and so on but that doesn't mean the whole place is like it as i was trying to prove.

Northern Ireland has it's own issues with drug abuse and unemployment: correct?

Meanwhile, Scotland has absolutely no significant issues relating to the operation and support of terrorist cells: which is why Scotland hasn't seen mass murdering based on 17th Century drivel throughout the past 40 years.

'Comparison and proof' fail.

What does that have to do with Windsor Park being refurbished? You have hijacked this thread to basically repeat over and over again that you don't like what happened during the Troubles. What you don't appear to get is that things have moved on over the last 20 years. Politicians who wouldn't even have spoken to each other a couple of decades ago are now able to run Northern Ireland with a surprising level of efficiency as part of the same government based on power sharing.

Archived