North Korea

I've always wondered about this. Surely the tricky bit would be creating the warhead - can't they just glue it on?

I think you've cracked it son. Quick, delete this before Kim Jong Un sees it!

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we need trident as a deterent, why is Cameron using N Korea as an example. They are challenging USA who have a larger arsenal of nukes than us, not much of a deterent there.

Because he's too scared to mention the real reason: USA, Russia and China. If the world financial system went up the spout, through lack of confidence or computer shenanigans, former friends and enemies could turn on each other in a battle for resources, just like the 19th century. Defense strategy has to be based on long term forecasts, because of the time it takes to build the equipment. Countries like North Korea and Iran know they couldn't prevail against a state with a well equipped conventional arsenal even with a handful of nukes. They'd only use them in some loony suicidal act, in which case the nuclear deterrence argument falls apart.

Is Kim Jung-Un a Morton fan planning a melt-down or something? Will a Thistle defeat be part of any agreed peace settlement?

Screw that, lets nuke those Reds :P

I think Kim Jung-Un takes some serious abuse but I've never heard anything as bad as calling him a Morton fan.

I think Kim Jung-Un takes some serious abuse but I've never heard anything as bad as calling him a Morton fan.

:lol:

I was sabre-rattling GD. On a more serious point how was life during the last Korean war? Did it have any effect on your day to day life? :whistle

:lol:

I was sabre-rattling GD. On a more serious point how was life during the last Korean war? Did it have any effect on your day to day life? :whistle

When you've lived through the sacking of Troy nothing that follows seems to bad. :(

It's getting pretty desperate now. There's no way that NK is any kind of threat to anyone and despite half the country starving we impose more sanctions on them just so we can justify spending billions on weapons that we don't need.

Wheel out the bogeyman, are you scared?

It's getting pretty desperate now. There's no way that NK is any kind of threat to anyone and despite half the country starving we impose more sanctions on them just so we can justify spending billions on weapons that we don't need.

Wheel out the bogeyman, are you scared?

I imagine that South Korea would probably disagree.

I imagine that South Korea would probably disagree.

Yeah, they're positively shitting themselves as they nonchalantly go about their daily business.

Yeah, they're positively shitting themselves as they nonchalantly go about their daily business.

I'd bet they aren't going about their daily business unconcerned by all of this. North Korea have basically told them to GTF from the factories that are meant to be shared by workers in both countries (unless thats been recently resolved), and North Korea is really clamping down on movement between the two countries. The North have also sunk a South Korean submarine or ship in recent years

I can't imagine South Korea aren't unconcerned by the North. The latter has a batshit nutty leader who has desperately trying to prove a point to his people whilst also trying to stir up eagerness for a war as an attempt to distract from the awful living conditions in parts of North Korea. Kim Jong-Un knows full damn well that trying to attack the United States at the moment would be a complete waste of time, but he might be deluded enough to think that going after South Korea might be productive in arousing patriotism amongst his people as well as strengthening his public image in the North and even further securing his regime.

I'd bet they aren't going about their daily business unconcerned by all of this. North Korea have basically told them to GTF from the factories that are meant to be shared by workers in both countries (unless thats been recently resolved), and North Korea is really clamping down on movement between the two countries. The North have also sunk a South Korean submarine or ship in recent years

I can't imagine South Korea aren't unconcerned by the North. The latter has a batshit nutty leader who has desperately trying to prove a point to his people whilst also trying to stir up eagerness for a war as an attempt to distract from the awful living conditions in parts of North Korea. Kim Jong-Un knows full damn well that trying to attack the United States at the moment would be a complete waste of time, but he might be deluded enough to think that going after South Korea might be productive in arousing patriotism amongst his people as well as strengthening his public image in the North and even further securing his regime.

Are you for real? The only people that North Korea are a threat to is themselves. So they sunk a boat and shelled a base recently, in the grand scheme of things that's just toys out the pram stuff. Do you really, and I mean genuinely believe that they would be stupid enough to show aggression toward either the South or the US? Especially as Russia, a former major ally has told them to knock it off? Wise up man.

Archived