North Korea

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing the orphans on the streets needing as much as 6p to get something to eat and the scene where a group of orphans were huddling together in an old building over a fire were pretty harrowing.

Once thing is for sure - when that regime falls it will fall hard.

Apparently people are confronting authority more in North Korea. Hidden camera footage just showed the army trying to shutdown an illegal bus service - the woman running the bus called the soldier stopping her an "arsehole". :lol: Also, women reacting angrily to being told they can't wear trousers, which was illegal until recently.

Im surprised america haven't done a deal with china and just waded into them just to fill the place with mcdonalds and coca cola if nothing else. I can't see the north korean people putting up much of a fight when they see what they can have. Rather than struggling to exist

Apparently people are confronting authority more in North Korea. Hidden camera footage just showed the army trying to shutdown an illegal bus service - the woman running the bus called the soldier stopping her an "arsehole". :lol: Also, women reacting angrily to being told they can't wear trousers, which was illegal until recently.

So the Dispatches documentary claims, but rather like the boy standing in front of the tank in Tiananman Square in China the mainstream media won't bother telling us what happens next if it ends in tears. The smuggled footage of those beatings up at Level 7 give you an idea what will be her fate - once they've a cell & "interview room" spare for her.

Since Kim Jong-un has taken charge, they've doubled up the guard at the border with China to stop escapees & more people than ever have been sent to "correction centres" for daring to speak out - that flies in the face of the cliched message of hope for a brighter dawn and chirping birds documentary journalists love to give at the end of harrowing pieces because stories like that with no crumbs of comfort don't go down well with viewers & so don't make good telly.

It's going to be one hell of a civil war when one half of their armed forces decides enough is enough (or more than likely cuts a deal with some western power for aid & a blind eye to past atrocities in return for their businesses getting first dabs on North Korea's skilled but ultra cheap workforce). But I don't see any "civilian uprising" happening there anytime soon.

Im surprised america haven't done a deal with china and just waded into them just to fill the place with mcdonalds and coca cola if nothing else. I can't see the north korean people putting up much of a fight when they see what they can have. Rather than struggling to exist

Not sure if serious.

They no got a decent tyre-wash on site down there?

Fuckin road is a mud-laden slippery, accident waiting to happen!

I agree.....it's a fcuking disgrace! I fcuked one of my alloys coming home last week :(

Archived