North Korea

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

North Korea have trillions of pounds worth of untapped resources. So an illegal war under the guise of WMD could be profitable. I think if war was to ever break out it will most likely be North Korea that strikes first.

On this occasion they actually DO possess WMDs.

North Korea have trillions of pounds worth of untapped resources. So an illegal war under the guise of WMD could be profitable. I think if war was to ever break out it will most likely be North Korea that strikes first.

This will be background to the next James Bond film. A British baddie serving with our government leads a group which launches a missile from an underground layer in NK to start a global war which he shall make trillions from by taking control of the mining companies.

The film comes to an end shortly after Bond gets this bad guy to stumble backwards into a pit where he gets rips to shreds by a pack of starved dogs. Bond then gets down and dirty with Lucy Liu as the end credits come on.

You heard it here first.

Anyone reckon this is all BS?

Yes there will be bad conditions but I'm calling propaganda on most of it.

No. It's a despicable regime that needs emptied. Not feasible without the Chinese though and that seems unlikely even if they have made improvements to their own human rights standards. The only way the West will move is if a hefty sized firework or 2 lands in Seoul. Even then the legacy of the Iraq war would see sceptics claiming the West had fired it.

No. It's a despicable regime that needs emptied. Not feasible without the Chinese though and that seems unlikely even if they have made improvements to their own human rights standards. The only way the West will move is if a hefty sized firework or 2 lands in Seoul. Even then the legacy of the Iraq war would see sceptics claiming the West had fired it.

After he killed the uncle who had good relations with the Chinese aren't they even shying away from the regime?

Any more despicable than our regime that went against the will of our people and slaughtered thousands in Iraq for Oil?

:whistle

I'm not saying NK regime isn't a bad one but surely we are in no position to judge or tell them how to behave?

Anyone reckon this is all BS?

Yes there will be bad conditions but I'm calling propaganda on most of it.

You just have to read some of the defector's accounts of conditions to realise how bad conditions are.

We'll do f**k-all but mump and moan because we're making far too much money trading with N Korea. Ever notice how so many products no longer say "Made in South Korea" but have stickers saying "Made in Korea" instead? That's because of the huge industrial complex at Kaesong (in North Korea) where South Korean companies have factories making components. Workers are paid next to hee-haw to produce toner cartridges for Samsung and Hewlett-Packard and parts of cars. Drive a Hyundai (like I do) or a Kia and you're supporting the North Korean regime.

We'll do f**k-all but mump and moan because we're making far too much money trading with N Korea. Ever notice how so many products no longer say "Made in South Korea" but have stickers saying "Made in Korea" instead? That's because of the huge industrial complex at Kaesong (in North Korea) where South Korean companies have factories making components. Workers are paid next to hee-haw to produce toner cartridges for Samsung and Hewlett-Packard and parts of cars. Drive a Hyundai (like I do) or a Kia and you're supporting the North Korean regime.

Kaesong is financed by the south

Any more despicable than our regime that went against the will of our people and slaughtered thousands in Iraq for Oil?

:whistle

I'm not saying NK regime isn't a bad one but surely we are in no position to judge or tell them how to behave?

I never said we were in a position to judge but on balance if your question is "which of the following regimes is the more brutal and oppressive, " and the choice of answer is the UK or North Korea then you'll have a tough job arguing in favour of North Korea. The fact that you are able to argue on that issue already puts the UK a step ahead.

Some people don't seem to understand not everyone around the world wants it needs our style of democracy

As much as I'm not for intervening everywhere, I don't understand this point. Surely the reason why North Koreans, Iraqis etc may not want Western style democracy is because there is a tyrant there stopping it?

Archived