Festivals

Mr Sugden

Brandon Flowers is an extremely handsome man who is rather good at music.
200.gif&key=459dc75d9c2ee9c4ccd3fe27664ccfd152e337d564287acf467d25f0c0dd1fe2

I fully agree - but I don't think their particularly good live. I saw them ages ago and it was alright but give me those anthems full blast in a club or in the car any day.

7 hours ago, Honky Tonk Man said:

Difference between Reading and Glasto is that Reading was always more rock whereas Glasto is a broader church. Stormzy is as good to be there than the other headliners. 

Glasto really feels old this year. 

Reading and Leeds has became a bit more Radio One the last few years as well. It needs to keep the 16-21 demographic happy.

Glastonbury is a weekend break for 30ish y.o London professionals now. Tom Watson attending killed it.

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

‘Walk This Way’ was never my favourite Aerosmith track anyway, so I have no strong view on the Run DMC version. I much prefer ‘Sweet Emotion’, ‘My Fist Your Face’ or ‘Eat the Rich’. I also never much cared for one of their other most famous songs ‘Dream On’.

This is a wee bit American Psycho.

8 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

I grew up at festivals like Reading where an act like that would have been bombed with plastic bottles filled with pish.

I've seen Jurrasic 5, Run DMC, The Roots and Roots Manuva at Leeds. They had the crowd eating out their hand. 50 Cent got bottled by wee Green Day fannies though.

I'm not really a rap/grime fan, and I don't think I'd even heard a single Stormzy song aside from "Vossi Bop" being on the radio a few times over the last couple of months. I still thought his show on Friday night was excellent - there was an incredible energy to his performance and he had the crowd eating out of his hands the whole time.

Exactly this. I think Stormzy’s stuff is absolutely unlistenable bollocks (and most other current bands/artists fwiw) but that was a lesson in how you headline.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:
1 hour ago, Iminavest said:
Brandon Flowers is an extremely handsome man who is rather good at music.
200.gif&key=459dc75d9c2ee9c4ccd3fe27664ccfd152e337d564287acf467d25f0c0dd1fe2

I fully agree - but I don't think their particularly good live. I saw them ages ago and it was alright but give me those anthems full blast in a club or in the car any day.

Seen them live a few times and they’ve improved considerably each time. Sticking out a belting set and still having Runaways, When You Were Young, All These Things & Mr. Brightside to finish up with will do wonders for your confidence I suppose!

6 minutes ago, Honky Tonk Man said:

Much as I love the Cure, Robert Smith is unlikely to whip up the crowd into a frenzy.

Wonder if they'll do killing an Arab?

Aye. Remember watching them doing Reading not long ago and while I vastly enjoyed it, I was thinking "man, this is not going down well". Not sure they're really suited to festivals of this ilk anymore.

Still looking forward to seeing them in August though.

Saw them at British Summer Time last year which was their only European gig in their 40th year. Was talking to people who had come from the States, Germany and Spain just for the show. It worked because we were all big Cure fans. But there wasn't a huge amount from Robert between the songs. We all knew that was what he was like but not sure how it will work at Glasto.