Festivals

Mr Sugden

Going to Damnation Festival in Leeds this November and Darkness Guides in Glasgow two weeks later. I'm going to be absolutely knackered after them.

I'm also considering Vomfest in Edinburgh next month as it's only £15 for an all dayer.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Electric Fields cancelled. I doubt anyone's very surprised.

D8NsX6gX4AIrCSS.jpeg

That was inevitable.  Sounds like chronic mis-management being dismissed as "we tried but we failed."

12 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Same reason T died. Mess around with your USP, overspend on headliners.

You can add Rockness to that list as well. Was doing great as an alternative to TITP, fucked it when they decided just be another TITP clone.

Connect to a lesser extent. They still went a wee bit outside the box after the first one, but it was MUCH more aimed at the mainstream and they ended up taking away the alternative.

Dunno who ran Connect and RockNess, but PCL had a total disaster with Green Day a couple of years back, completely self inflicted.

Guest Moomintroll
Connect to a lesser extent. They still went a wee bit outside the box after the first one, but it was MUCH more aimed at the mainstream and they ended up taking away the alternative.
Dunno who ran Connect and RockNess, but PCL had a total disaster with Green Day a couple of years back, completely self inflicted.
Connect was the baldy manc w**k who ran T, can't remember who started Rock Ness but AEG promoted it after the first couple of years.

On 6/6/2019 at 18:14, Savage Henry said:

Same reason T died. Mess around with your USP, overspend on headliners.

I think that societal changes just done T in.

Back in the day people just accepted that you had a festival with great bands which was also crawling with mental neds and had a good time. These days people that are into more niche music just won't put up with that and have lots more festival options. LCD playing in front of 700 people proved that.

I would also argue that social media has made your average u25 much stupider which led to all the chaos at the final few.

Isle of Wight festival was really good. Garbage, Richard Ashcroft and Madness were on top form and some of the best live bands I've seen. The weather was hit and miss but was mostly dry for the music so couldn't complain. It's been strange not waking up and starting drinking at 10am..

On 18/06/2019 at 20:21, WeAreElgin said:

Isle of Wight festival was really good. Garbage, Richard Ashcroft and Madness were on top form and some of the best live bands I've seen. The weather was hit and miss but was mostly dry for the music so couldn't complain. It's been strange not waking up and starting drinking at 10am..

Don’t worry you’ll be back in Elgin soon!

Edited by Christophe

Lewis Capaldi replacing Snow Patrol at TRNSMT. Whatever your thoughts on him, it's a definite upgrade, with his popularity being absolutely massive right now, especially in Scotland. Not sure how I feel about it though.

Wouldn’t agree it’s an upgrade at all. It’s a guy who makes shite unfunny videos replacing a band who’ve been huge for years. Can totally see why they’ve done it cause of his current popularity but I’d be raging if I’d booked a Sunday ticket and got that fud instead of Snow Patrol.

2 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Wouldn’t agree it’s an upgrade at all. It’s a guy who makes shite unfunny videos replacing a band who’ve been huge for years. Can totally see why they’ve done it cause of his current popularity but I’d be raging if I’d booked a Sunday ticket and got that fud instead of Snow Patrol.

Charlatans replace Snow patrol at Glastonbury I think..

2 hours ago, The Golden God said:

They're certainly not that huge anymore. They go out of the lineup, Capaldi joins, and the day instantly sells out. That's the only difference between Snow Patrol and Lewis Capaldi that matters.

Our tastes are irrelevant.