Rangers are off to England....again

This is awesome news! Sooner the better Chucky!

Gonny have a word with La Liga and see if you can get them to take the Hibs cos I'd love the aways days to Barca, Madrid, Malaga and the like. And don't be putting up with any of their nonsense, just tell them it's the law...

If Chucky were to succeed with his assertion on European law it will speed up the creation of a Yankee NFL superleague afair with yer Barca, Real, Bayern, Man U, Chelsea and the like who would take all the cash with them.... Sevco would be marooned in the remaining low-tier regional leagues with the rest of us.

Precisely.

If chuck challenges the European laws and wins,facilitating a more to england, then all the BIG clubs in Europe, won't be long in forming a European super league,(possibly 2 divisions) and i can guarantee the two Glasgow clubs won't be invited. What will be left will be the clubs the like of Stoke,QPR and Wigan being the best there is and scrabbling about for a tv deal that they wont get or will be paltry because no one will want to watch it. Where will that leave celtic and rangers. Dwindling crowds because they are not winning leagues and qualifying for Europe,no away fans turning up cos they are even less interested to travel to Glasgow than any Spl teams fans. If for some reason some away fans do turn up it will only be to cause trouble and trash Glasgow as invariably the will have had their town trashed, as rangers fans did in Manchester

Meanwhile us left in Scotland will be travelling along quite nicely without the hatred and bigotry

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless - this thing about "challenging it in court" was discussed by one of the columnists in Saturday's Scotsman.

Even if rulings preventing clubs joining leagues in other countries was defeated, Bosman-style, that doesn't compel EPL or EFL to let applicants in.

I seem to be missing the point of this thread.

If Rangers and Celtic are two, distinctly different clubs with a history of intense rivalry; why would they wish to do anything as risky as this together?

The thing that strikes me about this as being different this time is The SFL have been complicit in furthering Rangers cause AGAIN! Longmuir laid the ground last week with his witterings.

I spoke to someone involved in football and.......I quote " If Ballantyne and Longmuir spent more time on their own problems, rather than running about after Charles f@cking. Green, Airdrie and The SFL might not be in such a f@cking mess."

Take from that what you will.

In terms of proportional attendance, yes. We are absolutely dominating them now, and still would be without both of the Old Firm.

That's extraordinary, it really confirms we are one of the, if not the, most passionate footballing nation on earth.

Our continued success is incredible.

I doubt many of the nations you're apparently pumping really care about that obscure stat tbh. I don't think there's any doubt Scotland is a passionate footballing nation, it's just ashame their national team are so shit and they can't produce top class players anymore.

The man's a flannel merchant trying to bouy up Rangers share price as the close season draws nearer for a club haemorraging £1 million a month, but there is a small element of truth it what he's saying.

Gilford Park Football Club of the Northern League were effectively taken over by one Frank Lynch - the American millionaire - renamed Celtic Nation, & some heavy duty lawyers employed to stop even the whiff of any articles appearing in the football press questioning why they were buying players from 7 tiers above & putting them on bigger wages at that. The main rumours have been his intention to shoot the club up the pyramid to the Conference before selling their place to one or other half of the Old Firm, leaving a "new" Gilford Park to start again at the bottom of the pyramid.

Why the litigiousness towards the likes of Non-League Zone and "When Saturday Comes", unless they'd something to hide & wanted to make sure no steps were put in place to put a stop to their antics.

I hear that Celtic Nation might be sharing with Gretna next season. English club operating from Scotland?

It's a shame that being in the 3rd Division hasn't taught The Rangers a sense of their own insignificance as it might have done.

What does it take to show them that the club is not missed now (by the SPL), won't be missed if they go and most importantly, that they are no longer the club they used to be? They struggle to beat 3rd division teams.

TBH what attraction does struggling in the lower leagues of England really have? If they go to England they must know they will never actually ever win another trophy again, nor play in Europe. Why would you want to?

I doubt many of the nations you're apparently pumping really care about that obscure stat tbh. I don't think there's any doubt Scotland is a passionate footballing nation, it's just ashame their national team are so shit and they can't produce top class players anymore.

Yes, they probably don't care like you don't care about the issues you always read and comment on.

Our national team is underperforming slightly in the current campaign, but has done perfectly fine in the last few. It will take a long time for us to emulate footballs greatest underachievers in England.

I do care or I wouldn't have commented.

Except you have a long, and very hilarious, history of posting repeatedly about subjects before insisting you don't actually care about them at all.

Haha. Ok pal. The forum joke figure failing again.

Yes, well, at least you recognised your failure and got into the petty insults pretty quickly this time.

Usually, you really drag it out.

The irony. Haha

Yep, you were presented with a fact.

Responded with " :lol: " and then spent the rest of time insulting me.

It's absolutely horrific, obviously, but quite standard from a poster as dreadful as yourself.

I was laughing at your assessment of that 'fact' if you want to call it that. How you believe you're pumping the rest of the world. I find it funny that you come to that conclusion over one minor pretty unimportant stat. It's another example of you finding something out then harping on about it to the point where you've embarrassed yourself. Then playing the old poor me insult card. Typical you. Continue to dig though if you wish.

I hear that Celtic Nation might be sharing with Gretna next season. English club operating from Scotland?

Now that's interesting, as Frankie boy was one of those that had dabblings with Moneybags Mileston round about the time of their abortive takeover of Carlisle. If I were the Anvils, I'd no more let him in the Raydale gate than Mick "Iago" Wadsworth.

so were are the real fans now then.your grounds half empty think you need too leav the funny fags alone m8.

I think you may have misunderstood me....I personally don't want Sevco (or the other ugly sister) to stay. IMO Scottish football, although short term will struggle, ultimately will be a better product once they have gone.

Real fans will come and se their clubs even if our league is reduced to the level of a Norwegian or Swedish league. Football in itself will never die in Scotland.

Real fans will come and se their clubs even if our league is reduced to the level of a Norwegian or Swedish league. Football in itself will never die in Scotland.

We would win a watch if our leagues were as successful as these two; compare the performance of their representatives in Europe on an ongoing basis with Scotland's teams shambolic stumblings.

Aye, we would survive and, very possibly, prosper without the Old Firm.

The OF are generally badly run, both financially and in terms of youth development. Being in Scotland allows them to mask those failings. Look at how much of a struggle it was for Lennon's Celtic team to beat the dreadful McCoist team to the title a couple of years ago. If I were a Celtic fan, I would have been embarrassed,

The OF would have to be run properly to even reach the EPL, let alone thrive in it. Lennon and McCoist would be out of their depth, and the guys who run the clubs would have to sharpen up beyond belief.

TBH what attraction does struggling in the lower leagues of England really have? If they go to England they must know they will never actually ever win another trophy again, nor play in Europe. Why would you want to?

Only one thing ! the promise of more money in the English top flight if they should reach it,well for the people who own the clubs.

It ain't going to happen, England do not want or need either of us. and why would they? what do we have to offer more than any other england club.

If someone it did happen and Celtic pop up in the english league system (at any level) i'd be done with them, and that includes any token colt team left behind.

Archived