Thatcher deid

Yup. It annoys me when politicians get praised for "winning the war", when in reality they have f**k all to do with it and often do more bad than good. It is soldiers on the frontline who "win wars", not c**ts like Thatcher and Churchill.

Too right, but they are the fuckers who get "us" into wars. c***s, most of them. There are honourable exceptions who actually do what they are supposed to, i.e. represent the people; not feather their nests.

I just think it is very all extremely tasteless, unbecoming and disturbing.

Will people celebrate like this when Tony Blair dies? A man who allowed many young men to die in a needless war which was a gigantic lie? No.

Let the woman rest and give her family some respect.

Feck. Off. ,.........and for the record when Blair dies it will be a wee drink. Not a hooruva party.

Anyone to start with........baby steps and all that.

It might surprise you but I actually read quite a lot. I'm currently reading "The Pillars of Rome" by Jack Ludlow, I quite enjoy a wee reading session to relax me every so often

A book? What book do you suggest I buy?

No need for a purchase. Go to a public library, if you have one, and read a few books on modern history. I have no specific titles to recommend but I'm sure you can find something. You could even use that new-fangled internet thing, then you won't even have to go out.

No need for a purchase. Go to a public library, if you have one, and read a few books on modern history. I have no specific titles to recommend but I'm sure you can find something. You could even use that new-fangled internet thing, then you won't even have to go out.

Yeah there's a library up the road. I could Google it yes, but I simply can't be bothered as I've no interest in learning about it. She's dead, and everything she done was before I was born. Why should I care?

Yeah there's a library up the road. I could Google it yes, but I simply can't be bothered as I've no interest in learning about it. She's dead, and everything she done was before I was born. Why should I care?

In my experience, only morons trot out that shite.

So you're not "too young to know what happened": you're too thick and lazy to know what happened.

Congratulations on being a moron.

In my experience, only morons trot out that shite.

Guess that makes me a moron. I'll ask again though, why should I care about something and someone who dropped out of relevance over a decade ago?

So you're not "too young to know what happened": you're too thick and lazy to know what happened.

Congratulations on being a moron.

I wasn't brought up with Thatcher in power, you don't get taught about it school and I've never had any interest in politics. She's never been mentioned in any aspect of my life until now as she's never been relevant. Why should I read up and have an opinion on somebody I've no interest in?

Edited by RandomGuy.

To be fair, her unpopularity wouldnt have been helped by the era she ruled in.

With so much multi media and internet rolling news and outlets these days imagine how much street cred she'd have gained had her sex tape threesome with Norman Tebbit and Douglas Hurd been 'leaked' and appereared online