Thatcher deid

Oh boo fucking hoo. We live in 2013 not 1983.

What specific Thatcherite policies have an impact on your daily life in 2013?

her decision to use the money from north sea oil to fund massive planned unemployment leading to generations dependent on welfare isn't looking too clever in retrospect.

i thought you were a marxist slavoj?

Verge of tears stuff from AberdeenHibee here.

I wonder how many working class Sevconians are pretending to greet their eyes out around the country tonight for the cow because she "pure did the Argies and the IRA, ken".

in the same boat i wonder how many zoomers are jumping for joy at the death of a woman who was already kicked out of office by the time they were born

I'm a bit meh about the whole thing. My family are fairly left-leaning and I'd imagine they're glad to see back of her. But I'm not old to remember or be directly affected by anything she did and I'm fairly apathetic towards politics in general.

her decision to use the money from north sea oil to fund massive planned unemployment leading to generations dependent on welfare isn't looking too clever in retrospect.

i thought you were a marxist slavoj?

Did this policy actually affect you in your daily life or are you opportunistically citing this as justification for your own political perspective?

Strong political leader who transformed free market economics to make it a part of life. I pray for her soul as she had a terrible couple of years suffering from a degenerative brain disease. She was pragmatic and intelligent and a very influential leader.

No I didn't share all of her views but I did admire her management in its way of attaining objectives.

RIP and thoughts for her family

I do hope those whinging on about appropriateness of responses are actually reading ALL the posts and committing to a bit of research as well, rather than just adopting an opposite position based on who is posting the more acute celebratory stuff.

The initial small snowball, which ultimately led to rampant get-rich-at-all-costs corporate types getting out of control, was made on her watch.

The rest - as they say - is...... oh yeah......still happening.

in the same boat i wonder how many zoomers are jumping for joy at the death of a woman who was already kicked out of office by the time they were born

A bit of education may give these people the right to pass comment. By the looks of things, education may be a foreign concept to you, but some of us actually know a wee bit.

Strong political leader who transformed free market economics to make it a part of life. I pray for her soul as she had a terrible couple of years suffering from a degenerative brain disease. She was pragmatic and intelligent and a very influential leader.

No I didn't share all of her views but I did admire her management in its way of attaining objectives.

RIP and thoughts for her family

not one mention of ireland as well seamus, that must have took some willpower typing that post

A bit of education may give these people the right to pass comment. By the looks of things, education may be a foreign concept to you, but some of us actually know a wee bit.

the point stands, a lot of comments will come from people who have absolutely no clue about her time in power, i certainly havent as i was born in 1982 and couldnt give a shit about politics eitherway, hence how i havent said anything about her dying

And? I wasn't around during WWII either but I'm still well aware of how much a c**t Adolf Hitler was. The same logic can apply to Thatcher. She fucking ruined Scotland. <_<

the point stands, a lot of comments will come from people who have absolutely no clue about her time in power, i certainly havent as i was born in 1982 and couldnt give a shit about politics eitherway, hence how i havent said anything about her dying

The point doesn't stand because it was the point of an utter thicko.

Did this policy actually affect you in your daily life or are you opportunistically citing this as justification for your own political perspective?

Do you seriously think that concern about how policies affect other people should not affect ones own political perspective?

Way to parody Thatcherism man.

i was born in the 80s and grew up in motherwell.

obviously her policies had an impact on my life.

Does something have to affect you personally before you decide if it's a good thing or not?