ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

Erm... right.

* He went on and on and on about Lionheart. Just saying the same shit over and over again. Fake stuff about him being a great guy.

* Brings out guests from Lionheart's past. They weren't really. They were some guy dressed as a woman, a guy acting as an American college wrestling coach, and a guy acting as Stu Hart. None of which was particularly interesting.

* It went on for at LEAST 25 minutes. That was the point I noticed how long it was going, so it could have been 30+.

Then...

* Lionheart comes out. Brings out Ford Kiernan, Greg Hemphill and... erm... Boaby.

* Hemphill tells the woman to "back aff ya spooky bitch" and smacks him/her one.

* Lots of celebration and giving Still Game tickets away.

The second half of that stuff was fun. Especially when the fans chanting "WE WANT TICKETS" which was quickly followed by Ford Kiernan's "go buy them then!".

The first part was just painfully dull. No redeeming factors and none of this stuff was good.

your bit about Hemphill calling him/her a spooky bitch reminded me how bad the sound was, so many punchlines were ruined because of either a dodgy mic or a few dodgy mics.

Aye, he's a big boy. You can tell he's learned a lot from being in WWE, talking wise, even if he didn't often get the chance to show it himself.

It'll be interesting to see how often he's in the UK. Apparently he's shown a desire to be a bit of a regular in the States, so I wonder how fleeting his visits to the UK will be, or if he decides to stick about. He certainly SOUNDS ready to be around a bit, but you often hear that "I'm here to stay!" stuff from guys who might be out the door in the next five minutes.

Right, the Edinburgh cards so far...

August 3rd

Grado vs. Colt Cabana II

BT Gunn vs. Tommy End ( fucking hell )

Dicky Divers vs. Michael Dante

Joe Coffey vs. Kid Fite vs. Darkside vs. Noam Dar

August 10th

Damien O'Connor vs. Lewis Girvan

Joe Hendry vs. Yum Yum

Nikki Storm vs. Viper

August 17th

BT Gunn vs. Red Lightning

Chris Renfrew vs. Jamie Feerick

Carmel and Sara vs. The Owen Twins

August 24th

Nowt.

Jimmy Havoc vs. Jack Jester is going to be happening on one of the shows as well.

Just had a thought. Mind in the Insane Fight Club documentary they went to a caravan and got shitfaced and it was revealed that Grado had called a WWE star saying he was going to kick shite out of them? Wasn't it Drew McIntyre/Galloway he called? If so they could have a fun wee angle at some point over it if Drew sticks around.

Edited by DA Baracus

Well, he's been confirmed for Fear and Loathing on November 2nd in the Barras, which was to be expected.

They'll do something with the two of them at some point. Given the apparent "don't fucking care" attitude Drew seems to have developed, he'll probably give Grado a kicking down the line.

The video is ace. If I get a job soon and can still get tickets, I'll definitely be picking them up. Looking to move through to Glasgow or Aberdeen (been applying for jobs in both) so might end up living in Glasgow, in which case I'll be going to as many ICW shows as I can.

As pointed out, Drew looks massive compared to the ICW guys. I always thought Drew was slightly more slender than many WWE guys, so just shows how fucking huge Vince likes them (easy now!). Not a knock on the ICW guys as most are in great shape, just more a comment that Drew really is fucking huge.

Nope.

:lol:

Okay. People the same size or smaller who have found themselves pushed at one point or another. Alberto Del Rio, Cesaro, Chris Jericho, Christian, Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena ( the daddy of WWE at the moment btw ), The Miz, Randy Orton, Rob Van Dam, Triple H.

Edited by NewDomDom

Drew's promo was brilliant. Really intense, his 3MB character was an insult to any sane viewer, or anyone over the age of 12. Just goes to show how limited (plus shite) that kiddy WWE stuff is now. I really think a lot of the people who still watch it do so because of some nostalgic thoughts it'll somehow attain the popularity it had 15 years ago, again. Its fuckin rotten.

:lol:

Okay. People the same size or smaller who have found themselves pushed at one point or another. Alberto Del Rio, Cesaro, Chris Jericho, Christian, Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena ( the daddy of WWE at the moment btw ), The Miz, Randy Orton, Rob Van Dam, Triple H.

What's your point here? Where did I mention height?!

Where did I mention height either? All of these guys are around the same weight as well. This is why I didn't mention guys like Rusev and Wyatt, who are smaller in height, but bigger in weight. The only guy I listed there who is heavier is Cena by a few pounds.