ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

I like the story. You don't. Life goes on...

Taken from Twitter.....

Statement regarding the purchase of ICW

Maryhill, Glasgow

November 30th 2015

In August of 2015, discussions took place between ICW representatives and The SSE Hydro regarding a future event. Both parties arranged financial compensation and set a provisional date in November 2015.

As General Manager of ICW at the time I was involved in the arrangement of a financial package due to my various connections in the financial sector. While most institutions were reluctant to help, we did find a suitable package. The package however, required ICW to leverage their assets against the amount borrowed, in the event of any problems at a later date.

Payment of the loan yes, fell within my remit and while not fully my responsibility, I have to accept some liability in not meeting the terms of the loan. In Edinburgh pn Sunday the rumour was started that I deliberately missed payments in order to create this scenario. THIS IS SLANDER. SLANDER IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE. I can only put the missed payments down to ICW being busy in the months leading up to the SECC.

So the bank seize the assets of the company. They were actively seeking a buyer. They saw more value in a cash sale than they did in keeping the assets of the company. Can I just note again at this point that the response to such correspondence from the bank must have been overlooked by ICW offices including myself. TO SUGGEST ANYTHING ELSE WOULD BE SLANDER.

The Black Label Consortium was founded in June of 2015. Since then we have worked silently (and at times not so silently) in our quest to preserve ICW for those who truly deserve the plaudits for this upstart promotion. Some stakeholders are silent and will remain silent.

The fact is we were the only bidder. Our offer was generous. The bank were happy to offload ICW to us. THIS IS WHY WE WERE FOUNDED. So, on November 19th 2015 The Black Label Consortium took control of 100% of ICW.

I'm a fair guy, I know the amount of work Mark Dallas has put into this company. So I gave him a share. I gave him back 49% of his company. Which means I hold a 51% stake in this company. It allows me to protect all the individual interests of The Black Label Consortium. NOTHING GOES ABOVE ME, ALL DECISIONS COME THROUGH ME.

To each and every one of you. Fans, Wrestlers, Mark Dallas. You reap what you sow. Time to pick your base camp. Some of you won't be so lucky.

I like the story. You don't. Life goes on...

Taken from Twitter.....

Statement regarding the purchase of ICW

Maryhill, Glasgow

November 30th 2015

In August of 2015, discussions took place between ICW representatives and The SSE Hydro regarding a future event. Both parties arranged financial compensation and set a provisional date in November 2015.

As General Manager of ICW at the time I was involved in the arrangement of a financial package due to my various connections in the financial sector. While most institutions were reluctant to help, we did find a suitable package. The package however, required ICW to leverage their assets against the amount borrowed, in the event of any problems at a later date.

Payment of the loan yes, fell within my remit and while not fully my responsibility, I have to accept some liability in not meeting the terms of the loan. In Edinburgh pn Sunday the rumour was started that I deliberately missed payments in order to create this scenario. THIS IS SLANDER. SLANDER IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE. I can only put the missed payments down to ICW being busy in the months leading up to the SECC.

So the bank seize the assets of the company. They were actively seeking a buyer. They saw more value in a cash sale than they did in keeping the assets of the company. Can I just note again at this point that the response to such correspondence from the bank must have been overlooked by ICW offices including myself. TO SUGGEST ANYTHING ELSE WOULD BE SLANDER.

The Black Label Consortium was founded in June of 2015. Since then we have worked silently (and at times not so silently) in our quest to preserve ICW for those who truly deserve the plaudits for this upstart promotion. Some stakeholders are silent and will remain silent.

The fact is we were the only bidder. Our offer was generous. The bank were happy to offload ICW to us. THIS IS WHY WE WERE FOUNDED. So, on November 19th 2015 The Black Label Consortium took control of 100% of ICW.

I'm a fair guy, I know the amount of work Mark Dallas has put into this company. So I gave him a share. I gave him back 49% of his company. Which means I hold a 51% stake in this company. It allows me to protect all the individual interests of The Black Label Consortium. NOTHING GOES ABOVE ME, ALL DECISIONS COME THROUGH ME.

To each and every one of you. Fans, Wrestlers, Mark Dallas. You reap what you sow. Time to pick your base camp. Some of you won't be so lucky.

:lol::lol::lol:

That is so, so dumb. Hope they have some really good angles and matches planned after this nonsense.

Do you think you're some sort of smart Arse because you pick things apart and call them dumb?

Superman is dumb. It's a f*ckin guy who is an alien who can fly.

Batman? Dumb.

Wrestling is, on the surface, dumb as f*ck. It's a bunch of pals kiddin on they don't like each other and pretending to fight for entertainment.

The only dumb thing here is you. We know it's dumb but we are trying to take it for what it is...A STORY THAT SOMEONE MADE UP TO ENTERTAIN US.

There's not much to get that's important. The Black Label Consortium, led by Red Lightning, own ICW. Mark Dallas is pissed off and wants to set about them with a golf club.

Not much else to it than that at this stage, and can't see much of the rest being important either. Don't know why they bothered with an explanation. Should have just left it open to interpretation and just went with it. It's wrestling FFS. The land of daft shite.

I like telling bit where they were nice and they gave him a share but 1% less than what he would need to have any say in decision making.

That's torture lol.

Is it just me or are they alluding to some roster members being "silent partners"?

Edited by WestEndJag

lol.

I'm sorry WestEndJag, I didn't realise you were 12 years old. It's stupid because they want the fans to back Dallas even though he's lost the company through being an absolute dumb f**k in storyline. Why would anyone have any sympathy for the guy?

At least they came up with some excuse why Red is suddenly in charge and I'm sure there will be some fun stuff down the road leading from this.

I know but I just think youre missing the point from that statement. It implies that Red was first of all deliberately not paying in order to alert the bank, and secondly he was redirecting all of the mail so that Dallas didnt get a hold of it.

Wrestling companies in general are damned if they do and damned if they dont with this sort of thing. As if they didnt explain it as best they can, then an element of the audience would say it was nonsense because it hadnt been explained, but then another element of the audience, when given an explanation, think its nonsense anyway.

Nonetheless, it looks like it could be a good long term story. I thought Dallas' wee promo on his page yesterday was pretty raw. Looking forward to Sunday now.