ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

I'd love Kirkwood as a colour commentator as I feel he'd be excellent in the role, providing timely and witty input to a straight man on play by play.

As it stands though, f**k me he tries hard and his enthusiasm and passion for it is second to none, but he just doesn't do it for me as a play by play guy.

As for the Renfrew comments, I totally agree. He's certainly got the air of Billy big baws about him and I don't feel this is part of any persona, just that he is an arrogant unapproachable bellend of a guy. His ego far outweighs his talent.

I'd love Kirkwood as a colour commentator as I feel he'd be excellent in the role, providing timely and witty input to a straight man on play by play.

As it stands though, f**k me he tries hard and his enthusiasm and passion for it is second to none, but he just doesn't do it for me as a play by play guy.

As for the Renfrew comments, I totally agree. He's certainly got the air of Billy big baws about him and I don't feel this is part of any persona, just that he is an arrogant unapproachable bellend of a guy. His ego far outweighs his talent.

Total walloper of a guy and very arrogant. I mean I think hes alright as a character, but he thinks hes better than what he is. The worst thing is the rats/groupies and the brown nosing fanboys feed his ego on a personal level.

Whats funny too is, the likes of Dallas and Grado despite being probably alongside Galloway the two most successful people in the company by some margin and the names that are drawing the casual punters in, are possibly the two most down to earth guys within ICW.

Theres a few others I think are getting quite big headed, but I think people might disagree with me on it and its nearly 2 o clock in the morning and I canny be arsed typing a spiel or arguing with c***s about it the morra after a long shift at work....I knew people would agree about Renfrew though.

Edited by Snakebite

Total walloper of a guy and very arrogant. I mean I think hes alright as a character, but he thinks hes better than what he is. The worst thing is the rats/groupies and the brown nosing fanboys feed his ego on a personal level.

Whats funny too is, the likes of Dallas and Grado despite being probably alongside Galloway the two most successful people in the company by some margin and the names that are drawing the casual punters in, are possibly the two most down to earth guys within ICW.

Theres a few others I think are getting quite big headed, but I think people might disagree with me on it and its nearly 2 o clock in the morning and I canny be arsed typing a spiel or arguing with c***s about it the morra after a long shift at work....I knew people would agree about Renfrew though.

Get it telt lol.

I found Sha Samuels bang on when I met him and Grado in Liverpool. Kid Fite seemed a strange one though.

Some of the guys are genuinely quiet, Wolfgang is a fairly quiet and reserved guy.

Have never saw Jack Jester or Red Lightning ignore a fan. They don't actively seek fan approval or anything but two guys who will be happy to strike conversation with fans if they strike one at a show or a function. Red especially is an example of a fairly decent guy who's character is an absolute rotter. He mentioned in an interview that people were pretty rude to him because he was that convincing as a heel, he would get alot of sh*t online. Didn't he get jumped after the SECC show?

What I don't like is the wrestlers actively hovering around after a show, just looking for someone to come and tell them they are great. Wrestlers in general seem like the most insecure bunch, always looking for someone to tell them they are good or re-assure them that they had a good match.

As for poor experiences. Haven't had many over the years. Have been attending shows since about 2006 when I started going to SWA in Clydebank. But I find most of the ICW roster to be pretty decent guys.

Some of the guys are genuinely quiet, Wolfgang is a fairly quiet and reserved guy.

Have never saw Jack Jester or Red Lightning ignore a fan. They don't actively seek fan approval or anything but two guys who will be happy to strike conversation with fans if they strike one at a show or a function. Red especially is an example of a fairly decent guy who's character is an absolute rotter. He mentioned in an interview that people were pretty rude to him because he was that convincing as a heel, he would get alot of sh*t online. Didn't he get jumped after the SECC show?

What I don't like is the wrestlers actively hovering around after a show, just looking for someone to come and tell them they are great. Wrestlers in general seem like the most insecure bunch, always looking for someone to tell them they are good or re-assure them that they had a good match.

As for poor experiences. Haven't had many over the years. Have been attending shows since about 2006 when I started going to SWA in Clydebank. But I find most of the ICW roster to be pretty decent guys.

#noamdar

Wolfie is a very nice guy.

Wrestlers in general seem like the most insecure bunch, always looking for someone to tell them they are good or re-assure them that they had a good match.

Any performer will have insecurities, not just wrestlers.

Despite having stolen Shawn Michaels trousers, Jester was sound at the show at the Asylum the night before Fear and Loathing. He snuck in later on as it looked like he didn't want attention (he had his hood up) but once a few folk clocked who he was he was happy to chat to them.

Although he did say Stellaboz was a fanny with a shit user name

I remember Jericho mentioning in one of his books how hard it was to be a proper heel nowadays - he tried to go the whole hog of being a complete dick to fans, while secretly gutted that he was making kids cry, etc.

Must be tough for the guys who have been round promotions a long time to balance that, especially those who maybe aren't as well known or as popular.

Used to be a guy Eric Canyon that wrestled in SWA. When he was a heel, while other folk were mingling, he'd storm out of the hall in a huff. Even threw a chair against a wall once, making everyone in the room shit themselves.

Great moment from him in the "make someone shit themselves" stakes actually. There was a wee guy shouting at him at the barrier near the curtain, and Eric Canyon ignored the kid and walked through... before running back out seconds later screaming at the kid. :lol:

I remember Jericho mentioning in one of his books how hard it was to be a proper heel nowadays - he tried to go the whole hog of being a complete dick to fans, while secretly gutted that he was making kids cry, etc.

Must be tough for the guys who have been round promotions a long time to balance that, especially those who maybe aren't as well known or as popular.

I mind Orton saying in an interview it was even worse when fans were determined to cheer you. You'd attack the local people, insult the food, the football team and beat the home town hero yet they'd still cheer you.

Seen a Lionheart promo for tonights fight between him and Grado. He says it wasn't Dallas who booked the fight...which begs the question who did?

With red lightening out of the GM role who else can book at fight? There is going to be a storyline involving whoever that is. Renfrew?

So it looks like Red Lightning is still around and suddenly he owns 51% of ICW therefore is in control of the company. A good swerve thats up on YouTube.

Saw last nights results and I am glad I never went last minute Joe Hendry defeated again.

Edited by diamond_for_life

I would love this scenario- Red's figures are wrong and it turns out he and Dallas own 49% each - the controlling 2% belongs to Grado - Red starts being all nice to him then at Barramania Grado announces that he will give his 2% to Red and he will join the Black Label on one condition- Drew Galloway leaves the company

I know it won't happen but a Grado heel turn would be a shocker

Another mad idea from my head - a masked man is noticed hanging around the two December tapings and then introduces himself at the square go as an investor in ICW

He confronts Red Lighting and tells him he is a liar and cheat

The investor explains that ICW did not take out a loan to pay for the Hydro booking but he paid for it - he then produces proof of this - Red admits he has lied and that he and Dallas have 50% each in ICW

The investor then tells Red that as a thank you Dallas told him he could book a match at Barramania- he tells Red that he will face a mystery opponent- if he wills Red gets main event at Fear and Loathing 9 - if he loses he leaves ICW for good - the investor unmasks himself and its Jackie Polo - he then tells Red he will face Drew Galloway

Another mad idea from my head - a masked man is noticed hanging around the two December tapings and then introduces himself at the square go as an investor in ICW

He confronts Red Lighting and tells him he is a liar and cheat

The investor explains that ICW did not take out a loan to pay for the Hydro booking but he paid for it - he then produces proof of this - Red admits he has lied and that he and Dallas have 50% each in ICW

The investor then tells Red that as a thank you Dallas told him he could book a match at Barramania- he tells Red that he will face a mystery opponent- if he wills Red gets main event at Fear and Loathing 9 - if he loses he leaves ICW for good - the investor unmasks himself and its Jackie Polo - he then tells Red he will face Drew Galloway

As far as your ideas go, that one might work. Grado turning heel though, sorry mate, nae vay.

How can they possibly provide logic which says Red Lightning owns 51% without Dallas knowing about it? :lol:

I thought we were past SWERVE~~~!!! for the sake of SWERVE~~~!!! after a sensible show at the SECC.

I agree it reeks of the "hidden clause" or the Shane buys dubya cee dubya stuff, but I'm intrigued to see where it goes.