FIFA 14

KeeperDee

Hows everyone lining up in Ultimate Team? I've been fannying about for a while now trying to find the best formation and players for me. Just now I'm playing...

Victor Valdes

Joao Pereira - Rio Ferdinand - Younes Kaboul - Fabio Coentrao

Cheik Tiote - Darren Fletcher

Kevin Mirallas - Frank Lampard - Erik Lamela

Edin Dzeko

Currently working up the leagues with them

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a pretty big bundesliga squad but struggling to pick my starting 11 and subs because some of my fringe players have impressed.

My squad is currently:

GK: Neaur, Ter Stegan

CB: Hummels,Dante,Santana,Subotic,Sokaratis,Anderson,Abraham,Niederimir(sp)

CDM:Martinez,Bender(sven),Gustavo,Rode.Neustadter

CM: Big Bastian, Gundogan,Gentner

LM: Reus, Ella, Barnetta

RM:Robben,Muller,Shaqiri,Vierinha

CAM: Gotze, Thiago, Mithkiryan(sp), Hunt,Kiyotake

ST:Lewandowski,Aubamayang, Mandzukic,Ollic,Diouf,Ramos,Szalai,

Ideally I'd like to trim the squad when I decide who is and is not good enough but some of the on paper fringe players are really impressing.

Yas! Me and my (now best ever in the world) girlfriend exchanged gifts today because she is away tomorrow. I had made a casual remark months ago about the PS4 and Fifa. Well f**k me sideways she's only gone and done it! I'm 30 but have spent most of the morning acting like a twelve year old phoning my pals going 'guess what I got for Christmas?!?!'.

Can't wait to get involved in a bit of Ultimate Team and online matches. The only downside is I am going to my parents for three days now and I will be in a right huff because my playstation will be in my house!

Just beat a guy 10-0. He had an awful squad apart from McGeady and Robbie Keane, so spent the first half hour giving it to McDeady and trying to skin my entire team. I was about 4 or 5 up by half an hour and then he just started trying to timewaste. I got bored by the 70th minute at 6-0 so left the game planning to have something to eat. He proceeded to keep pausing every time in an attempt to piss me off, before trying to taunt me by standing on the line with his keeper, which led to two own goals aswell :lol: I then got a message saying "Suck my dick n****r" :lol:

Just beat a guy 10-0. He had an awful squad apart from McGeady and Robbie Keane, so spent the first half hour giving it to McDeady and trying to skin my entire team. I was about 4 or 5 up by half an hour and then he just started trying to timewaste. I got bored by the 70th minute at 6-0 so left the game planning to have something to eat. He proceeded to keep pausing every time in an attempt to piss me off, before trying to taunt me by standing on the line with his keeper, which led to two own goals aswell :lol: I then got a message saying "Suck my dick n****r"  :lol:

This is the kind of shit I'm looking forward to.

This is the kind of shit I'm looking forward to.

Its incredible how easy it is to wind folk up within a game. I think my dinked penalty was the real back breaker though

Started to build a pretty decent FUT team, going along the lines of firstly a German/Bundesliga team before looking at just Bundesliga. I've been playing a 4231 with Kevin Grosskreutz, Aaron Hunt and Stefan Aigner behind Kevin Volland with reasonable success.

My first big purchase however was Huntelaar who I thought would have been the perfect target man for my system. He isn't. He is fucking toilet. No pace, weak as anything and can't hold the ball up. He is getting binned.

Started to build a pretty decent FUT team, going along the lines of firstly a German/Bundesliga team before looking at just Bundesliga. I've been playing a 4231 with Kevin Grosskreutz, Aaron Hunt and Stefan Aigner behind Kevin Volland with reasonable success.

My first big purchase however was Huntelaar who I thought would have been the perfect target man for my system. He isn't. He is fucking toilet. No pace, weak as anything and can't hold the ball up. He is getting binned.

Get Gomez, he is the best value striker in fifa, he has 203 goals for me from 304 games.

My team is (4-4-2):

Gk: Julio Cesar, Jefferson

RB: Danilo, Mariano

CB: Dante, Dede, Naldo

LB: Marcelo, Felipe Luis

RM: Lucas, Neguera

CM: Bernard, Ronaldinho, Adryan, Fernandinho, Paulinho

LM: Osvaldo, Luis Carlos

ST: Weilliton, Willian, Pato, Lima, Leandro

Saving up coins for a TOTW Maicon or a LM Willian (Chelsea) before Dani Alves, Thiago Silva et al.

In Division 6 right now after two titles wins and a promotion. Hope to stay put.

I spent around 100 odd games experimenting with loads of teams, players and formations before I settled on rotating between these two...

Seria A 4-4-2 (2)

GK: Marchetti

RB: Konko

CB: Chielinni

CB: Barzagli

LB: Radu

RM: Candreva

CDM: Vidal

CDM: De Rossi

LM: Asamoah

ST: Ibarbo

ST: Vucinic

BPL 4-4-2 (2)

GK: Cech

RB: Sagna

CB: IF Sakho

CB: IF Reid

LB: Jose Enrique

RM: Mirallas

CDM: Yaya Toure

CDM: Cabaye

LM: Schurrle

ST: Eto'o

ST: Jovetic

Jovetic and Vucinic are the stars of each team. I've tried all the expensive strikers like Aguero, Lewandowski, Neymar, Van Persie, Falcao, etc in various different teams and formations and none of them come close to these two.

Get Gomez, he is the best value striker in fifa, he has 203 goals for me from 304 games.

Just bought him there, and Diego to play behind him in 'the hole'.

Currently my first pick team is -

GK - Leno

RB - Jung

LB - Schafer

CB - Subotic

CB - Badstuber

CDM - Kehl

CDM - Javier Martinez

LM - Elia

CAM - Diego

RM - Herrmann

ST - Gomez

Couple of questions.

1. How important is your manager? Should I get one that is linked chemistry wise to my team (A Bundesliga manager for a mainly Bundesliga team)

2. Ways of making cops, should I focus on buying individual players or are packs the way forward? I've been focusing on individuals so far, haven't bought a single pack apart from the ones I have received as rewards or gifts.

Cheers!

Couple of questions.

1. How important is your manager? Should I get one that is linked chemistry wise to my team (A Bundesliga manager for a mainly Bundesliga team)

2. Ways of making cops, should I focus on buying individual players or are packs the way forward? I've been focusing on individuals so far, haven't bought a single pack apart from the ones I have received as rewards or gifts.

Cheers!

I'm new to FIFA but from what I've read, the manager gives a chemistry boost to any players who are the same nationality as him or are from the same league as him. In the player's stats there will be a green head-shaped icon if the bonus has been applied, likewise the loyalty bonus (for playing ten games) shows as a green shield.

The general consensus across the internet seems to be that buying packs is a waste of coins and it's better to focus on players that you want rather than play the pack lottery. Hopefully the more experienced players offer opinions because I'm keen to hear them but so far I've mostly avoided packs.

I'm new to FIFA but from what I've read, the manager gives a chemistry boost to any players who are the same nationality as him or are from the same league as him. In the player's stats there will be a green head-shaped icon if the bonus has been applied, likewise the loyalty bonus (for playing ten games) shows as a green shield.

The general consensus across the internet seems to be that buying packs is a waste of coins and it's better to focus on players that you want rather than play the pack lottery. Hopefully the more experienced players offer opinions because I'm keen to hear them but so far I've mostly avoided packs.

Cheers, I have been focusing on individual players because I know what I need. I've seen some packs and just thought 'why do I need a new ball?', but I suppose there is a chance you might get someone great, or someone with great resell value.

Would recommend Marchiso as one of the centre mids, the guy's strength and work rate are brilliant, also like Guarin and Montilivo in that area. Full backs I would say they are the two best, not that there is any choice really, though I do use Cristico but you need actual Italian's around him.

Up front, Gomez is the best I think, and Pandev was great for me in the past.

Did try Marchisio for a few games but plumped for Vidal in the end as he popped up in forward positions more often. He's also got better defensive stats, making him more of an all rounder. Vidal also has H/H Workrates, so would be suicide for me to stick Marchisio alongside him, I like to have my other CDM M/H for defensive cover. Might try Gomez one day if I get fed up but I'm really happy with that team for the moment.

Archived