FIFA 14

KeeperDee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just played a boy who's team included (and this is how he used them)

Courtois; Dani Alves, Pique, Pepe, Alba; Pedro, Iniesta, Messi, Neymar; Ronaldo & Ibrahimovic. Absolutely shat myself, thinking that an almighty shagging was coming my way.

Won 4-2 and absolutely dominated the game.

Just played a boy who's team included (and this is how he used them)

Courtois; Dani Alves, Pique, Pepe, Alba; Pedro, Iniesta, Messi, Neymar; Ronaldo & Ibrahimovic. Absolutely shat myself, thinking that an almighty shagging was coming my way.

Won 4-2 and absolutely dominated the game.

Probably an autobuyer user, quite common in the higher divisions in UT

How does this autobuyer work?

Got into top division on Saturday night, as I have said in the past I use a different formation in every game with different player. Was using the 433 variant that has the CF rather than ST, used Vucinic in the role and he got 4 goals, he is my new favourite player. May convert him back into a striker so I use him more, far better than Di Natalie who I have gave up on.

a computer program which will find items at >15% less than the going rate and buy them for you. Anyone found using them gets banned.

TOTY has been a fucking godsend for me. I've shifted £250 worth of coins in the last 24 hours.

I've also bought a TOTY Alves, Ramos and Silva and am punting them in a pack of 3 on eBay for £350 BIN or the best offer I get.

Just for shits and giggles! :thumsup2

Just got Kompanay and Courtious in a 15k pack i bought.

Means i have perfect chemistry no matter who i play at the back now

Hart/Courtious

Kompanay/Vertonghen/vermaelen

Also with the money i made from Saurez i got Mata, Willain and Torres to beef up my squad plus the pack that got me the above.

I couldn't use real money to buy players, I simply couldn't justify it in my brain

Anyway, I'm currently 1 point from winning Division Six, barely played this year but decided to put more time into it as I'm shite. Been pumping a few folk along the way. A front three of Sterling - Hernandez/Dzeko - Lamela has been outstanding for me

I couldn't use real money to buy players, I simply couldn't justify it in my brain

Anyway, I'm currently 1 point from winning Division Six, barely played this year but decided to put more time into it as I'm shite. Been pumping a few folk along the way. A front three of Sterling - Hernandez/Dzeko - Lamela has been outstanding for me

Neither do I, i just sell for real money ;)

£80 though? For one card?

Needless to say I am utterly devastated.

Neither do I, i just sell for real money ;)

£80 though? For one card?

Needless to say I am utterly devastated.

£80 is fucking crazy, I've literally no idea why anyone would spend actual money on it. Out of interest does anyone know the most real money anyones ever spent on Ultimate Team?

Good on you for finding a legitimate way to make ridiculous money chapsticks, but seriously, people actually buy these cards for those amounts? Christ...I've bought FIFA points in the past to buy packs, but probably about a tenners worth over the life of 13, just to make things a bit more interesting. But spending close to double what the game itself cost, just for one player, in a computer game? Like stu says, some people need to get their life sorted.

I bet they'll end up in the tabloids too with their parents - "SON BUYS COMPUTER PLAYER FOR £80" next to a glum looking mother holding a copy of FIFA. No doubt it'll be outrageous.

Good on you for finding a legitimate way to make ridiculous money chapsticks, but seriously, people actually buy these cards for those amounts? Christ...I've bought FIFA points in the past to buy packs, but probably about a tenners worth over the life of 13, just to make things a bit more interesting. But spending close to double what the game itself cost, just for one player, in a computer game? Like stu says, some people need to get their life sorted.

I bet they'll end up in the tabloids too with their parents - "SON BUYS COMPUTER PLAYER FOR £80" next to a glum looking mother holding a copy of FIFA. No doubt it'll be outrageous.

Heh. Wouldn't speak too soon, I was scammed for 1.4m coins £130 last night through no fault of my own.

The buyer was legit, she has a 630 rating on eBay (a lot of folk who buy cards are women buying for their sons so nothing out of the ordinary) apart from buying 1.4m coins.

About 2 hrs later a block went up on my paypal and an investigation opened. Turns out she was a geniune victim of credit card fraud (I checked her actual purchase history later and it seems she only really bought stuff for her two toddlers on eBay, nothing ever to do with FIFA), I phoned Paypal and explained the situation and they explained in turn that virtual goods are high risk as there is zero seller protection due to there not being a physical good changing hands and therefore no dispatch address.

In the end I had to accept that the lassie had £130 physically stolen from her account (as well as whatever else they bought) and was entitled to it back, I only had a theoretical £130 nicked as the coins are only worth what people will pay for them, so was happy to reimburse her. I'm pissed off that I became the scam victim by proxy and through no fault of my own. But it comes with the territory, I suppose. I knew there were a lot of arseholes out there in regards to these daft coins. I have no way of getting my coins back or even knowing who bought them as the FUT market is more or less anonymous. I hope they spend the 1.4m on a cracking card though and mistakenly quick sell it, the grief then overcoming them before throwing themselves off a bridge, the fucking c***s.

In better news though, that lad got back in touch and managed to find a way to get me on his live. So he just bought a TOTY Silva and TOTY Ramos for a grand total of......£130 :lol:

No chance of me being scammed this time, his live gamertag, account name adds up and I've saved every piece of correspondance and recorded the transaction.

£130 for two cards though.....OOFT!

And with that, I think my FIFA trading days are pretty much over. I've cleaned out my account of coins (save for my TOTY Ramos, I'll sell him and play about with the coins I reckon) and I'm both scunnered with it, and not willing to take the risk of being shafted in the fashion I was last night.

Been quite a ride and since April, It's made me in excess of £850 in cash for a couple of hours trading a week as a bit of fun (and it was good fun at first, becomes very, very monotonous though). Enough to more or less pay a good chunk of my Florida spending money for later in the year.

I'm sure TOTY ronaldos and messi in 13 were going for 150 upwards on eBay last year. I may be wrong and ChapStick's will probably know better

You are wrong.

They were closer to £350 and this years TOTY's will likely go for more as Messi hasn't even had an IF card yet, so his price will be about 7m (£650-£700.....yes SEVEN FUCKING HUNDRED!). ;)

Archived