The Shield - The best thing in wrestling just now

DA Baracus

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kassius Ohno is shite and wouldn't fit the look anyway.

The Shield are really good, dunno about best thing in wrestling but that's a matter opinion. Reigns is money.

Aye ok Scott Hall :P

Agree with ur statement amigo.... sums it up pretty well

There's an article on wwe.com just now teasing a fourth member, just posing the question whether the likes of Heyman, Big Show or, bizarrely, Swagger and Henry could be involved.

No, WWE, don't add some uppercard/main eventer just to keep them relevant. The Shield are awesome just now and don't need some waste of space like Show or Henry.

There's an article on wwe.com just now teasing a fourth member, just posing the question whether the likes of Heyman, Big Show or, bizarrely, Swagger and Henry could be involved.

No, WWE, don't add some uppercard/main eventer just to keep them relevant. The Shield are awesome just now and don't need some waste of space like Show or Henry.

Orton.

The Shield don't fucking need to be messed about with with a fourth member, don't dilute the product. WWE have finally done something correctly, they have started them strong, kept them strong and used them sparingly enough that most people are still very interested in them. Unfortunately, they WILL f**k it up one way or another.

They work perfectly as group. Ambrose is still a stand out and a guy who should be on the upper card/main event in years to come, he's got a fantastic heelish look in that he facially looks like a battle hardened 45 year old, but has actually just turned 27. Reigns, although not a brilliant talker, is very good in ring, and even Rollins has improved.

Leave them alone, and FFS don't feed them to Cena and make them look like chumps.

I like they way that they're a group without a 'leader' as such. Ambrose does most of the talking but it's like they're all equals and set out to achieve the same goal. I'd be quite disappointed if it was revealed that they had a secret leader or new member.

In the wake of The Shieldcopter, I think The Shield should be allocated an entire fleet of Shield vehicles. We could see them arriving at the venue in the Sheldmobile or even at a nearby dock in The Shieldboat.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that the midcarders have been taking a lot of beatings by the faces so they still appear strong. There's still plenty for them to do though, who's to say they'll continue to take on faces as well? Heel vs heel, while unconventional, still works and it isn't illogical for two bad guys to face each other. So that opens up loads of guys like Henry, Punk(when he returns), Swagger, Ziggler etc. I'd imagine they'll feud with Hell No for a couple months and then go back to Triple H in time for Summerslam.

I'd argue that the problem is more that because they're a three man team, there isn't many natural opponents for them to face. Taker & Hell No are the only team that isn't just a case of three singles guys banding together. (I think at least)

edit: it's also tough to have extended feuds when you're trying to keep them unbeaten, you can't have The Shield beat the same guys two or three PPVs in a row because it makes those guys look bad so you need to rotate them so they're not losing every month so they have to burn through most of the main eventers quite quickly (again, because it's a case of throwing a tag team and a main eventers or three main eventers in a make-shift team)

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking that if WWE plays this cool and keeps things steady with The Shield, then Ambrose is a cert to win the Rumble, with a little help from his team mates. If they continue the brilliant build up of The Shield, then Ambrose in the Mania main event for the title would be brilliant.

Of course they could blow it early and have him win a MITB case. Will there still be two cases? Or just the one now? There's not much point in two since anyone can appear on Raw.

Randy Orton to turn heel and join Shield and will beat Cena for WWE title.

Big E will turn on Dolph and beat him for WHC and join shield (thus also turning Dolph face)

AJ will side with Big E whilst of course taking Divas title.

All the titles will end up with Shield

Randy Orton to turn heel and join Shield and will beat Cena for WWE title.

Big E will turn on Dolph and beat him for WHC and join shield (thus also turning Dolph face)

AJ will side with Big E whilst of course taking Divas title.

All the titles will end up with Shield

That would be awful.

There's no need to add others to it, not at the moment. Especially not someone like Orton who would just kill any momentum stone dead.

That would be awful.

There's no need to add others to it, not at the moment. Especially not someone like Orton who would just kill any momentum stone dead.

Exactly - might as well count the days until Horace Hogan, Beefcake and Xpac join.

Agreed; adding anyone else to The Shield just now would utterly ruin it. They don't need anyone anyway, seeing as they're kind of unbeaten and already hold two titles.

Archived