Hannibal

Armand 2

Have read that Fuller has planned for the show to run for seven seasons: the first three consisting of original material, the fourth covering Red Dragon, the fifth The Silence of The Lambs, the sixth Hannibal and the seventh an original storyline resolving Hannibal's ending. However, after the conclusion of the second season, Fuller stated he now envisions the show to run six seasons, with it probably ending with Hannibal!!!

Also the reason Hugh Dancy has been signed up for all Seasonns is because the rights to other characters from the book series, such as Clarice Starling are owned by MGM. An example of this is the creation of the characters of Franklin Froideveaux and Tobias Budge who came into being because Fuller could not secure the rights to The Silence of the Lambs characters Benjamin Raspail and Jame Gumb!!!

Can't imagine them doing it without Clarice though!!!

It was excellent wasn't it???

btw, what would you rather accept from Hannibal, a square go or a square sausage???

Good to see actual violence from Hannibal. His stuff is always hinted at rather than shown.

I liked the first season better, I have to say, with the killer of the week. The second half of this season was too much Will and Hannibal talking to each other about each other with that awful music i the background.

• 4 months later...

New to this. Just picked up on the first season. I think it suffers from the same problem as Millennium - audience expectation of a feature film rolled into 45 minutes a week.

Not sure I like Will's jumping in and out of the character he pursues. Better done the way the movies do it IMHO.

Mads is really good. Sir Tony turned Lecter into a pantomime dame in Red Dragon. I like this take on him. Not exactly approachable but less patrician. I always like Fishburne's characters. They promise to be a good ensemble.

Freddy really needs to report to the Doctor's office for a stern telling off.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Season 3 starts on June 4th stateside, not sure when it starts on Sky Living, but will find out!!!

I thought Mikkelsen did the same thing in the first season effectively. Dancy just has nothing. He reminds me of those memes people make of guys who have the same expression for everything. I can't buy any emotion from him.

People who find themselves high up on the autistic spectrum find it very difficult to express emotion and to read emotion. While you see the person as being pretty wooden, I see him as playing someone on the autistic spectrum very well. It could be a little quirk of fate that a wooden actor plays a wooden character well. But if he was very emotional, it wouldn't really fit in with the character being a sociopathic mirror for Hannibal and being on the autistic spectrum.

I thought Lector was played exceptionally well. He was always understated with a hint of sinister running through him at all times. Gillian Anderson is worth watching in just about everything she does currently. Laurence Fishburne was very good as well, but I can never quite get the image of Morpheus out of my head.

I enjoyed the two seasons and look forward to the start of the third season.

Episode 8 of the new season is called The Great Red Dragon and Richard Armitage has been cast to play the Tooth Fairy. Will Graham uses Hannibal Lecter to help capture the Tooth Fairy. Hannibal was locked up in both Manhunter and Red Dragon at this stage of the story. Episode 13 is also called The Wrath of the Lamb, so they might be moving on a lot faster than the seven season arc

I pretty much agree with everyone that Anthony Hopkins went from a sinister frightening character in Silence of the Lambs to a laughable pantomime villian in both Red Dragon and especially Hannibal. I liked Brian Cox's portrayal of Lecktor in Manhunter, and was quite a contrast with the Hopkins portrayal of Lecter.

But as everyone has said, the food looks incredible.

• 3 weeks later...

Couldn't wait, watched the first episode of Season 3 last night, very, very good, every scene is a work of art, you could do a screenshot at any point and then frame it and sell it or put it on your wall, it's as if Peter Greenaway has come out if retirement and become the cinematographer for an American TV series!!!

Mads was brilliant as always and Gillian Anderson was gorgeous, she's just getting so classy and sexy the older she gets, don't know if this should be in spoilers or not but there is an incredibly artistic skud shot of her to look forward to in this episode!!!

Bon appétit!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't wait, watched the first episode of Season 3 last night, very, very good, every scene is a work of art, you could do a screenshot at any point and then frame it and sell it or put it on your wall, it's as if Peter Greenaway has come out if retirement and become the cinematographer for an American TV series!!!

Mads was brilliant as always and Gillian Anderson was gorgeous, she's just getting so classy and sexy the older she gets, don't know if this should be in spoilers or not but there is an incredibly artistic skud shot of her to look forward to in this episode!!!

Bon appétit!!!

There's a scud shot of someone with a blonde wig on covering her face, more like.

Watched eps 1 and 2 and it's getting better. Season 2 bored me rigid.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone been watching the new series? It's been a bit slow to start with, but still looks absolutely fantastic.

It's been cancelled unfortunately, but they're supposedly trying to take it to another broadcaster.

Enjoying it, think they are overdoing the arty farty shite though. Also sometimes it quite hard to make out what Mikkleson is saying.

Enjoying it, think they are overdoing the arty farty shite though. Also sometimes it quite hard to make out what Mikkleson is saying.

It's not what you would call a funny show, but his "Technically, you killed him" line had me properly pishing myself.